Playing with an Ana

When someone picks Ana: My Team

Me:

Ana heals at 93.75 hps, not 75.

Assuming hps = healing per second, since you put 60 hps for Mercy.

Just curious, does this account for her reload at all?

It doesnt, no. Its just her 75 healing x 1.25 shots per second.

It doesnt account for her healing with grenade either, though, which can get ridiculous.

2 Likes

Okay, good to know, thanks!

1 Like

I definitely do it to mediocre Ana mains, aka the majority. If I’m critical and you’re behind me missing shots while I’m dodging hooks, shield bashes, and other BS, then I’ll walk directly up to you, press I need healing one time, and stare at you until I’m full.

1 Like

Good to know my man, good to know.

Just saying, those “missed shots” might actually be hitting someone in more dire need in the front. :wink:

I once had someone jump in front of me to get the heals, which caused the tank to go down…

This made me laugh for some reason.

Anyway u was too slow.

No, you have to wait 5,5 seconds if you want to combo a Tracer, otherwise she just recalls (as you saw).

1 Like

Stop neutering your dps. Pick a proper support and support.

Why are you so hostile, my guy?

Is it because I’m advocating for people to actually play better with an Ana, cause otherwise I don’t get your hostile tone.

Nowhere in my passage did I say Ana should be played at all times, especially when countered.

However, this whole issue of Ana being a “throw pick” is partially because everyone has been spoiled by Mercy fixing their mistakes and people need to learn how to play with Ana again.

Other than that, nobody is neutering anything.

If anything, you’re neutering yourself because in the even that this rush-down, Resurrection-based game of Overwatch makes a massive shift in meta and playstyle, what will you do when you can no longer make those risky plays?

I’m sorry if my thread offended you my man, and I do hope the rest of your day goes well.

The problem with this is that in most situations, that person is better off switching to something other than main heals. Getting someone else to hold left click pick up the slack is hard, even if it can easily swing the game.

Why shouldn’t DPS help their main healer though? Are main supports supposed to be totally on their own? Teams provide peels for Zens. They work to give sightlines to DPS and keep them up. Tanks get damage and heals to make their job easier. So why shouldn’t a team help give their main healer sightlines and peel as well? The game revolves around making sure the whole team gets value, not just the DPS.

Yeah, I have healthbars on so I know there’s no excuse before doing that.

Playing Ana more than any other hero makes you an Ana main. You do not need to try to reason with people who can’t play without damage boost and Rez.

Stop playing like rambo going for the big flank trying to 1v6 and expecting to get ressed when it inevitably backfires.

That’s one thing I’m actually really good about … though maybe not, because sometimes I get too aggressive and get killed. XD But yeah, when I see a bunch of purple health bars, my brain is like “KILL THE LUCIO NOW!” XD

I have to admit, in my elo, I often don’t feel confident having Ana for a main healer, but I never judge or say anything. Some of them are really good. I also 100% understand how hard it is to heal most of the heroes I play as Ana.

Actually, my friend (who is usually a Moira main) tried playing a bit of Ana. And since I’m an exceptionally-extra ADHD Tracer player, halfway through the match she was like, “OH MY GOD! I don’t even need to practice Widow to learn to snipe, Trying to heal you is like eight times the practice!” LOL

(I do try to be nice and stop dead still in front of Anas so they can heal me between fights, though. XD)

That actually makes it hard for some of us. I do a lot of tracking and prediction when I aim, so someone suddenly stopping leaves my projectile where they would be if they had continued moving.

1 Like

You don’t have to specify; disgruntled comes with the title of “Ana main”.

1 Like