Playing solo dps in comp is so toxic

I’m just playing dps placements and never touching it again

Even if you’re doing good you still get bullied when you lose. Like come on have some sportsmanship. Calling me names isn’t gonna net you extra SR.

7 Likes

people tend to think it’s the DPS’s fault they’re losing, just because they don’t see anything in the killfeed

tanks still have the highest impact in the game and are usually who decide a win/loss

11 Likes

Yep, thats the life of dps. You will adapt eventualy and ignore insults.

7 Likes

You can get 2 kills in a 1v3
And your team lose a 5v3

It was you (the dps) fault.
Bc you know exactly everything under 6k is garbage.

I usually blame whoever decided to blame 1 player.

Its usually the garbage team that loses, not the garbage player.

6 Likes

As a dps only main i gota admit most dps players are really bad and dont utilize good tanking or heals

Decided to learn winston and was pulling even a gold damage medals most games and making so much space i personally would have a field day if i had a tank like that.

So i understand the frustration, but its just game and people get to worked up.

3 Likes

tank player here

I gota admit most tank players dont know how to effectively create space and mitigate dmg

Also a support player

most supports dont know how to properly support their team.

Moral of the story, most players have good and bad games including you, yes you the person reading this who blames bad teammates for why they’re hard stuck gold

5 Likes

Supports that just pocket the tanks and expect DPS to pop off are super triggering. It’s why I learned tracer.

Tanks that just stand at the choke and wait for a pick are super triggering as well.

You gotta pick your DPS around your team though. Rein/zarya/moira/Bap? Don’t play Genji. Winston/DVA/Ana/lucio? Don’t play McCree. You can make these picks work where you’re out of synergy with the rest of your team but picking around them will encourage your win rate.

5 Likes

I love getting blamed for playing doomfist even though my tanks hold S the entire game! :heart_eyes:

And then they say “You’re doomfist! You don’t need tanks!”

I swear some of the most unintelligent specimens on this Earth play Overwatch.

3 Likes

Im almost masters XD, this guy

How does me saying i understand the op’s frustration lead u to think im a gold player lol. These forums are hilarious

1 Like

No i wasn’t directing it at you, just used your comment as a way to address people who do just blame everything on bad teammates. None of it was meant for you specifically

3 Likes

My apologies, i misinterpreted what you said then. Sorry bout that(winstons voice)

1 Like

Winston lines best lines.

#morewinstonvoicelinespls

Srsly he just needs 1 more amazing spam line and i’m happy

Exactly but 80 percent of the playerbase doesn’t understand this.

1 Like

OMG!! I wish this post would broadcast on EVERY Overwatch players screen everywhere!!

Correct… No space, no picks, no picks, respawn simulator…

Brruuuhhhh… :unamused::unamused::unamused::unamused:

Bro I can (Hanzo main) kill Genji (MY COUNTER!! :unamused:), 1-shot Ana, dragon strike point killing Reinhardt and mercy. Hog comes around and hook combos me and all of a sudden it’s the “Hanzo switch you trash DPS player, thrower, etc.” nonsense :unamused::unamused:

I think the opposite. I think a lot of DPS between gold/plat are probably only 1-tricks who don’t understand enough to adapt on certain maps. But if you put them on another map, they’ll hard carry. :woman_shrugging:t2:

But you’re right actually :sweat_smile: imagine being Mei and losing to a DVa. Watched this happen last night… :woman_facepalming:t2:

I was Tank, I swapped to DPS because DPS in gold never killed anything. I learned very quickly how bad most tank players are and how much worse DPS and support players (on average) are…

I’ve never been in masters but I’m convinced everyone below Diamond expects DPS to “just” carry. Sure!! I’d love to!! Can I get some heals so I can kill Phara please :smile:

Support player last night: I don’t see any DPS

Me: I need support to deal with the Genji and widow.

Support player: no DPS no heals…

Me: ok… :hocho::broken_heart:

5 Likes

Atleast when you play vs smurfs with smurfs its actually enjoyable tbh. As they sometimes won’t blame you.

Had a pocketed phara smurf that used roll outs and ignored everyone else to drop onto me every time.

Got strong heals from my team, and our ana (i guess our smurf) basically assissted me with heals and dmg.

No blames
Only support

Knowing phara will focus me, and only me, ana easily takes her out after me.

We lose: me on widow missing more than hitting.
They lose: smurf phara carry

We beat them after ana started assissting me easily.
As i just kept beeing the “threat” to phara. :sweat_smile:
And making sure i’m far away so ana has ez LoS to phara once she comes out wherever she was hiding.

I mean its litteraly a drug, you want these great team games to happen on every single match!

4 Likes

Imagine working as a team in a team based strategic shooter… :unamused:

• Watch Point Gibraltar

The other day I was getting dogged on by this widow player, probably a masters smurf definitely not good enough for GM, and was being ultra toxic in match chat and his team, of course playing along, started flaming me for sucking on widow.

One of my tanks was like…

Tank: Don’t worry boo, I gotchu…

Homie swapped to Hammond and was like stay widow, imma call her out and when I tell you to, keep her busy…

We ended up running hands on this hoe for the whole second half of the game. He ended up swapping to Sombra so my tank player swapped to Winston and I went Tracer.

Won the game 4/3 overtime push the whole round 4. They had like 4 mins and we had 1.5… :joy::joy::unamused::joy:

To the unsung hero tank who saved my pride/honor… I :revolving_hearts: you!!

2 Likes

This is why I typically turn comes off half way through the match. Better to mute and not tilt than put up with it on the off chance the make a callout

2 Likes

I just play Mercy, but I’ve started making notes of all my matches, and it is overwhelmingly DPS who are blamed, or it’s Tank and DPS blaming each other. :frowning:

3 Likes

A lot of DPS thinks that because they’re good with one or another heroe, they shouldnt be blammed for defeat. Understand: the fact that you’re a good Hanzo (for example) and are delivering headshots doenst make you not guilty, because this is a TEAM GAME. If you’re not countering their team, it doenst matter how good you are. If a Winston is keeping your healers constantly fighting for their life, you should pick a Reaper and COUNTER the enemy, because Hanzo wont be very effective in this case.
So yeah, you can be blammed even if you’re good.
The problem with this game is that its a “TEAM GAME” and “COUNTER BASED”. But nobody cares about it, specially DPS. Some DPS are playing Genji even if the other team has Winston + Zarya + Symmetra + Mei + Moira + Zenyatta. He dont care: hes a good Genji. And if you are this guy, you deserves all the insults you’re getting and more.

I mean… If you pocket me I can kill Winston (as Hanzo) in as little as two well placed shots or by spending a cool down.

What isn’t accounted for is him being pocketed by his supports because supports ALWAYS (understandably so) favor healing tanks over DPS. Which is why you need to pocket me.

Sooooo… idk dude… it’s definitely just a teamwork thing in this case… You also have to realize that under diamond, tanks and DPS don’t even understand the concept of peeling for supports.

Or each other for that matter. Everyone wants to play Deathmatch meta without the giga-hog buff… :unamused::unamused::unamused::unamused:

But the best supports I’ve seen (first of all don’t run mercy/Moira all game) usually peel for each other…

Edit: The enemy has a Winston, Widow and tracer. I’m absolutely NOT going to play Reaper into that…