Playing overwatch is like playing in a band

and 222 is like having someone tell you which instrument to play

there’s a lot more than being in a band than knowing which instrument everyone is going to play

But you do have your own choice with which role you wanna play no one is telling you to play a certain role

3 Likes

it still doesn’t solve the problem of which song we’re going to play

this isn’t a knock on 222, it’s a call to look at the bigger issue

namely, creating a team-friendly environment

Role queue is like playing in a band and there are 2 vocalists, 2 guitarists, and 2 percussionists all willing to play complementary instruments instead of 6 guitarists showing up and instalocking lead guitar…

5 Likes

and they all play 6 different songs

I totally agree I mean at least you know have people who are going to be playing a decent team comp even if their not the best on that role they still are going to be playing it

1 Like

Role queue won’t change how well they play the same song together, but it will at least mean you get people that claimed to want to play the 3 main required roles.

1 Like

it’s not the roles that matter, it’s a fallacy

This is actually a great analogy. (Traditional rock band you’re talking). Because it’s true people line up to play lead guitar and drum, but you have to get about finding bass players, and singers.

You don’t see music teachers lining up trying to force people to play instruments either, because they know it will work out.

But in video game land, there’s really no audience to show off too, and that’s the big difference. Musicians pick up instruments they otherwise wouldn’t because they decide they’d rather be in a band than compete for the one lead guitar position. It works out because the point of music isn’t just self entertainment, it’s to entertain others.

So, I get that there might be a reason different in, say, Overwatch. But role lock does the Blizzard trick of conveniently, once again, having players blame players for Blizzard’s own character imbalance.

And players are suckers for it!

the only answer is to let us make our own teams in client

with all this QoL I would never use matchmaker again

1 Like

Like having synergy, playing together, stay in the rhythm and not do your own thing and ignore the rest of the band?

1 Like