Playing Mercy after this nerf

You forget that this is Mercy’s ultimate. It needs to be strong. They just nerfed it to be able to deal with even less oncoming damage than it already did. Damage boost is not even worth it anymore since less healing means it takes up more Valkyrie time to heal your teammates.

As for the mobility, you act as though she’s impossible to kill yet any decent DPS player can mow down a Valkyrie’d Mercy holding spacebar to move in a pretty linear direction.

4 Likes

lol

2 Likes

Wow, that must have taken you so much time to think up.

1 Like

Please explain to me how Mercy is hard to play.

Ultimates don’t necessarily need to be strong. Look at Meteor Strike or Infrasight they are pretty underwhelming compared to the regular abilities of their respective characters.

2 Likes

Feeling about this nerf is highly mutual Blizzard/OW has had many times to fix the REAL issues with mercy which is Rez. Nothing is wrong with healing nor anything else Rez is the main issues and Many many times they choose to overlook it and as they do they continue to pretty much ignore players feedback and continue to not listen to how people who play the character feel, they’ve stopped caring about the megathread for her and left it to rot and lock and unlock it self due to the amount of false reports and stopped really worrying about mercy all together… when there is so much good feedback in the Megathread and in other forum post such as eeveeA’s post

Suggestions for Mercy from someone with too much time on her :memo:

it did, it took me 2 whole years on these forums to realize that someone who states what you just did is… in their rightful place to have an opinion, to say the least… so yes, loool

Meteor Strike is quick-building and good for getting a pick on a support. I don’t see how it’s not impactful.
As for Infrasight, I play Widowmaker and absolutely hate it. I wish they’d give her something that could contribute to an actual team fight.

Also, saying an Ultimate doesn’t need to be strong doesn’t make sense. A lot of heroes have ultimates that need to be adjusted because they are not impactful enough. The point of an ultimate is that it should be able to turn the tide of the battle.

1 Like

Given the recent nerfs to Tracer and Zarya I believe that they are moving away from this philosophy.

You say I’m right to have my opinion yet act as though I’m ridiculous for having it. I can’t see what you play since your profile is private, but mine is public and you can see Mercy is a character I enjoy playing.

Don’t act like you care what people say if it doesn’t align with what you think.

I’m still enjoying her :smile:

2 Likes

Mercy regenerates health like Wolverine with a pin needle hitbox but when she goes ult mode she flies and regenerates health like Deadpool… and this is the character entrusted with res as an ability.

1 Like

I don’t care what you say tbh, that’s why MY profile is private and that’s why lol is the only answer your comment elicits from me

I also play Mercy, not religiously, I play overwatch tyvm

Have you tried clicking her head?

And literally every Mercy main would agree that moving Rez over to an ability without even attempting to nerf it during its days as an ultimate was the most ridiculous decision ever made.

Mercy is boring to play, underwhelming ult, and still has rez as an E. Now that the main healer (who does nothing but heal unlike ana and moira) is getting this nerf, its very difficult to keep up with tanks being damaged since she has no way to amplify or burst damage like the others rendering her pretty useless to the rest of the team.

This will not be the last nerf either, this very vocal community will continue to call for nerfs to E-Rez and probably GA (I even saw people complain about pistol crit damage) and the nerfs will continue.

2 Likes

Ya know with all of this commotion about how “Mercy is a chore and is boring to play,” you’d think she’d be played less.

Thats all well and good if Mercy had a dropoff in higher ranks but she doesnt.

So “just hit her in the head” doesnt seem to cut it… she is still a must pick no matter what rank you look at her.

Because she has Rez as an E m8

1 Like

You need her for rez in sniper meta.