Players of Overwatch need to acknowledge that aim is a skill

Okay but how is this exclusive to Moira?

Are you trolling?
The meta DPS are DF and Sym.

2 Likes

Overwatch players need to acknowledge the other skills in this game as well. Cooldown management is a skill. Positioning is a skill. Match awareness is a skill. Teamplay is a skill. Of course you can avoid that last one to some degree thanks to the fact that Blizzard protects solo queuers from having to face groups.

But sure, let’s focus on aim, the most obvious of the skills in this game.

1 Like

Gamerz of Overwatch need to realize that something being hard to do is not the be all and end all of whether something is balanced.

The support and tank categories are overall pretty broken, considering that they are really good at killing, while doing other stuff, and dps only kills.

Doomfist is actually broken, I’ll give you that. Symmetra is just there, whether she lives or dies doesn’t matter much…

A lot of these people probably would wish for Ana+5 DPS to tbe the only meta in the game… completely ignoring the complexity of the game and team compositions just to satisfy their “Skill Obsession” Every hero that doesn’t need flick aim or a lot of button pressign that risks the keyboard just breaking should not have the right to exists in the eyes of these people.

I read stuff like that and only question why they didn’t just stay in Cod/BF or CS:Go instead of trying to take away what makes Overwatch special.

6 Likes

I aim with moria trust me I have skill aim!!

There is nothing to get mad in this regard, everybody should know that meta is mostly about perception when it’s come with big game changes of 2-2-2, new heroes and new balance numbers. Hell even after a lot of time it’s take to find the real meta like we had with Goats.

It’s seems like a lot of high rank players don’t like Moira as a principle(strong or weak), and it seems like hero design issue for me, and you are the victim of it.

I just can’t comprehend the obsession that ppl have with their mains…

DPS kills far more efficiently than any tank or healer. Healers and tanks need to be able to be dangerous so they offer a challenge to DPS.

3 Likes

But since this is universal and both sides have equal damage output capabilities, how is it unfair in any way? Besides dps can deal more damage from farther ranges.

1 Like

There are people who say that aiming isn’t skill based?
Guess we need an Exterminatus on the holy Terra

2 Likes

You think it’s obvious, but evidently it isn’t.

What makes Overwatch special is also what makes it a really bad game.

Yeah, not really. They are disadvantaged in way too many ways for that to be true.
The only thing they have going for them is a theoretical higher damage output, which doesn’t mean anything in real games.

But then how do dps heroes threaten supports and tanks, who are much harder to kill?

How is it unfair that a support is worth like twice as much as a dps, and a tank 3x as much?

Aim being a skill is not denied by anyone being reasonable. It being the only skill is definitely incorrect

Then ask those people if playing the violin is a skill. Since playing that, and most instruments, comes down to muscle memory.

When they fail to give an adequate response call them out for the shortsighted hypocrites they are

Your “1.” is not completely true in my opinion.
It depends on the level though.

Everyone needs to learn how to point their screen in the right direction, that’s a given, but not everyone should have to be adequate on Widow or McCree to be good at the game.

3 Likes

In your opinion yes. I personally would have never ever even bothered with the game if it was like the already mentioned “Real High Skill Shooters”
If you don’t like it… literally NOONE forces you to play the game you know?

8 Likes

High damage is DEFINITELY a real thing, its not theoretical. No healer can 1 shot a squishy to zero health with a single shot or an ult.

Damage dealers have the ability to actually get to where they need to be to deal the damage efficiently. Healers and tanks split their attention between damage and healing/controlling space, DPS don’t.

If you want to threaten a tank, pick Reaper, Doomfist or even junkrat, pharah and Mei (and sometimes sombra, depending on the tank).

2 Likes

The problem that many people have is that some claim aim is the only skill. So, in response, they push aside how important aim is, to point out how important game sense and other mechanics are. It’s all very character dependent and people don’t usually recognize that.

Aim is more important for some characters, game sense is more important for others. It’s that people want to think that skill is blanket across the board. They want to believe that you have to have amazing aim, game sense, and mechanics to be top of the ladder, but it isn’t true.

A Widow with amazing accuracy can usually get away with some positioning mistakes, because her most important skill is aim. A Mercy with amazing accuracy can’t usually get away with some positioning mistakes, because her most important skill is positioning and game sense.

7 Likes

That’s kind of the point of this topic…

I guess. But at least a Reaper level aim requirement please.
Sure, it’s a shotgun, but actually landing all of the pellets takes a reasonable amount of skill.
There shouldn’t be easier heroes than him as far as aim foes. But there are a lot…

I haven’t played OW in quite a while. But I invested a lot of time in this game already, it’d be really nice to see it fixed.

YES. There are tanks though doing exactly that…

Other than Doomfist, those heroes are pretty useless when it comes to killing tanks.
Save for :hamster: who is by far the weakest tank in the game.

Nah man, the only time it is allowed to have a team effort to kill a character is with dps’s.

If you are a support or a tank, you should just roll over and accept your death (even though in other games with supports and tanks it is a team effort to kill them).

I am so glad that the likes of the dps players of this game do not play mon hun or the hunting horn would be nerfed to oblivion bc “it is a support weapon!!!” .

2 Likes

You wouldn’t know that from reading all the nerf reaper/mei threads. According to them being a tank is hell BECAUSE of those two.

I didn’t say tanks, i said healers. Tanks are all about protecting their team and controlling space. If you’re talking about the tanks that can 1 shot, Rein charge puts him in MASSIVE danger. Hog Hook is a short range slow moving projectile and isn’t a 1 shot. Dva Bomb can easily be avoided. Compared to, say, Junkrat smashing out grenades, traps and riptires, there’s no comparison.

It seems to me like you don’t play tanks, so you dont know how to fight them. Try Tank Queue more often, it’ll help your game.

…because…it is?