Players of Overwatch need to acknowledge that aim is a skill

who cares? she’s meta now and we dont like it, delete her damage and rename her to mercy

1 Like
  1. Yea
  2. Unfortunately, hero choice is, which is not even a real skill, as the metas tend to be extremely rigid, so it’s extend is memorizing 6 names.
  3. That’s just straight up false.

Overwatch is an FPS, and you really should stop denying that. The quality of the game rapidly declines because of this mentality.

That support that tends to kill me is pretty overpowered because it’s easy…

Then the easiest hero is objectively overpowered.

No you don’t, it’s really forgiving.

Wrong yet again. She simply has a low skill cap, her difficulty doesn’t increases.
Also she is the second most played hero in GM, so that’s a double lie.

Nah, CS is a horrible game.

3 Likes

Takes bite of hamburger
Yeah, you’re not entitled to win because you actually had to do hundreds of hours training drills. takes another bite i’m as good as you are. takes another bite how dare you expect to have the edge over me with those hundreds of practice hours? I play a whole 6 hours a week. Breathes heavily I deserve to be as effective as you are. takes another bite i’m as good as you are son, my hero taking no skill or effort is just designed for my big hands takes another bite just git gud. Maybe one day you’ll be on my level.

(That’s how you’re coming across)

4 Likes

No one has 100 percent accuracy with Moira, it’s probably about 70% accuracy most of the time. And yes, you need to get better as Moira than others in order to compete in the top ranks where people’s aim is better because you have to maximize her for her to do enough.

I did not say Moira is not used in GM, I said it takes more skill to get the value that is required from her the higher up the ranks you go. Moira has a high skill cap but a low skill floor.

2 Likes

Tracking, positioning, and awareness are the unsung skills. Everyone here considers aim to be the only skill.

5 Likes

Same feeling here whenever I want to play Mercy, Junkrat or Brigitte. My top 3 most played heroes are considered “throw picks” because “oh you’re not playing meta” or “that hero doesn’t work” even though I’ve gotten more value out of that hero throughout the game.

1 Like

What?

It’s the skill that unlocks every other skill.

1 Like

OW requires a big skillset.
Aim is a can but not a must, also you should differentiate between projectile and hitscan they are similar but not the same.

Take a look at Rein and Winston, aim is only a small part of their kit.

In the end aim is just one small part of all the skills in OW

1 Like

It’s really not. I don’t really have to aim to play D.Va. I do have to track. I do have to be aware of my positioning. I do have to pay attention to enemy ults.

5 Likes

Aim is a skill necessary for this game. It’s just not the only skill needed to succeed like a traditional FPS. That’s the disconnect in many of these conversations.

8 Likes

Sure, if you want to nerf Moira, nerf Widow too.
They’re both “overpowered” at some users eyes, but both aren’t.

I also find very frustrating being headshot at spawn door by a damn widow who’s on the other side of the map. If “I need to learn how to deal with it”, sure, but you should also do with Moira then.

1 Like

It doesn’t. Not unless you want to play extremely underpowered heroes. The meta is trivially easy, and very oppressive.

I still remember the proverb about Winston.
He is only really considered a high skill cap hero, to bully Genji and Widow players into silence, and it somehow stuck.

Even in traditional fps games aim isn’t the only skill.

They are overpowered in different player’s eyes, and one of those groups is objectively wrong.

Moira is a really easy hero, who was designed to be an easy answer to flankers, that are much harder than her.
Moira’s only real counter play is healing, which is something that dps heroes severely lack.

2 Likes

You replied me exactly what I expecting you to.
Typical. You’re also wrong at my eyes, what now?

Going up a tower and shoot people’s heads is as fair as a Moira throwing a orb and getting a low hero. It’s pretty much the same. Coward kills.

1 Like

I’m wrong in your eyes, you are objectively wrong. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

So as I’m wrong on yours. That doesn’t make you right. Neither I am.
But that’s exactly the point in here.

Deal. With. It.

5 Likes

Well here we go with the aim fetishist attitude

OW teamfights are very moba like. Heroes of the storm and OW teamfights, strats and engages are pretty much the same + the first person more mechanic heavy aspect from OW.
What you say is that everyother non aim intense hero is a low skill hero which would mean that most of the tanks and supports and a good portion of the DPS is low skill, which are not.
You just lack the brain power to understand the complexity of OW

7 Likes

Aim is a skill? Yes. Aim is the only skill that is important? No.

3 Likes

There is no complexity to OW. Not anymore.

1 Like

If your so skilled with “aim” then an enemy moira shouldn’t be a problem.

11 Likes

Games sense > aim
game sense way more important than aim

3 Likes