Players have not only left the game, but also the forums

Many players stay away from this forum, good for them i guess.

Multiple reasons
I for once, waiting for something interesting in game
Some are there to say that overwatch is dead, or that other game they like now is killing overwatch.
There are propably more reasons but its not time to think about this for me.

Some people like to keep tabs.

@CATCHPHRASE has uninstalled the game (as far as I’m aware) to take some time for himself so he can reevaluate his online behaviour, but he’s still pretty active on the forums.

1 Like

That’s a SECRET!!! lol

Joke aside, I like to keep the two accounts separate, because I’ve played other Blizz games on my main but only OW on this one… and, being very optimistic, if Blizz ever redeems itself (in the near future), that will always be my main. Although… to be honest, I only made it to diamond. :cry:

Aww… he has? I know him as well.

Sadly Mercy was just the start, since that fight is starting to lose steam how long before they come for another popular hero?

It’s sad, but that’s how the devs want to play things then they can watch the game’s active player count go down a little faster.

2 Likes

I’ve made it to diamond before, but I’m currently trying to get that back.

1 Like

Yeah, he made a post about it saying that he’s sorry for his recent behaviour in game, and has uninstalled so that he can reflect on his behaviour. Hang tight while I dig up the post. I’m good at this stuff.

EDIT:

Told you I was good.

1 Like

Wow. Impressive. Both the post and the fact that I recognize all the high posters who commented on his post. And I miss seeing them… Rocktopus, GreyFalcon, Joey… that’s crazy.

Thanks for sharing this man, I wasn’t active back then so I had not seen this. That was nice of him to take responsibility for his online activity/actions.

And… yes, you are.

1 Like

@WyomingMyst is still a big name in the forums though.

Hmm… dunno that one, actually. Maybe we come on at very different hours.

I kinda agree with this assessment. Also the forums has all sorts of negativity over it lately… it almost feels like an echochamber of unhappiness.

I’m grateful for any civil debates on this game, but it seems like a good portion of the player base doesn’t understand that the world doesn’t revolve around them.

The world doesn’t get better. YOU get better.

Also, Hi… i’m new here. not sure how long I’d stay though…

1 Like

It’s actually really easy to recognise him. He has green text (benefits of being a forum MVP). He also has one of the highest post counts, short of Chibifox. You’ll see him on General Discussions and Technical Support.

1 Like

Sounds like the title of what would be a really good article on the realities of our virtual dystopia - aka mass social media.

Also. YES!

Maybe I ignored him because of it, thinking he was an admin.

ask the people who constantly make posts about how the games dying and that’s why they don’t ever play anymore… but they’re still here to critique every patch that comes out…

Baffles the crud out of me.

3 Likes

If you only have one pair of shoes and they are breaking, you don’t like someone else pointing it out, but you still feel the sand getting into your toes and it still hurts though you look at the world, smiling.

But… so … many …games… out there. LOTS of them are free! WHY!!! WHY YOU STAY AND BELLYACHE???

It’s called emotional investment. And it’s not like corporations don’t know this. People who have disliked OW for at least a year continue to log back on and play it every now and then, and then to immediately hate it. This is human, no? We do this in our toxic relationships with people who make us feel terrible and who we, in turn, also make feel terrible. And this game and its community is no different. Like someone else said:

1 Like

I get it… kinda. But you mention it to them and they continue to act like someone owes them a change. Maybe I’m the weird one but as soon as I’m not actually having fun doing something? Dropped. I was different when I was 15, but I’ve long since realized time is my only real currency to spend and I’m not going to throw good money after bad.

1 Like

Sounds like a sensible way of doing things, tbh. Good on you!

IDK… I still enjoy playing OW… although tbh i’m probably more of the Casual crowd…

Totally agree with Krotoan here. I suspect that these people only play one hero and are reluctant to learn others…

Understandable… In the case of Sym where the entire chara has been gutted and reworked… While i sometimes do miss Sym 2.0, i still feel that sym 3.0 is a step in the right direction… well, sorta…

That’s me!

This forum just a way for me to pass time, because it has been so long that i active in this forum, it’s a bit hard to change the habit.