Player titles cant be removed just a heads up

once you set a player title, you’re stuck using them, so you will be a magnet for toxicity potentially. you also lose your created name, and “become” a subtitle. so for example if you chose “medic” your name says “medic” and you lose your identity.

15 Likes

lmao of course… it only makes sense that they would do that

2 Likes

I’ve been seeing titles under peoples names, not as a replacement.

15 Likes

on your screen it only shows the title, you lose your name. on the scoreboard its under your name.

2 Likes

What are they and how do you get them? They sound cool

So in the menu title it only shows your title instead of your username?

Interesting. So the enemy always sees your name plus title but in the menus you the player only see the title?

There are a variety of challenges in competative and lifetime that unlock titles. I’m actively working towards Executioner which requires 500 Wins in Deathmatch. I’m over 1/5th the way there.

2 Likes

Nice man that impressive considering how recent release was

2 Likes

I really… really like deathmatch. Its my go to place to practice new heroes and improve my mechanics.

you can get prestige titles after finishing battlepass, by continuing to level. it doesnt feel very prestige though, to be “Nomad” instead of the name i created. makes me feel like im just a number or something. working as intended?

I like it a lot i kinda fell off in OW1 when roadhogs started practicing in it. As a tracer player its like a wet dream target for them people lol

1 Like

You still get hogs on occasion, but hog is pretty slow at wracking up kills. Cass, Soldier, Genji, & Tracer can secure kills much quicker and achieve a top 4 placement more consistently.

Wdym you’re stuck using them? Can you no longer select the “no title” option?

If that’s the case, this sounds like it should be a bug report.

1 Like

-“No Title” is locked, meaning you cannot remove player titles once you set one
-the player title replaces your current name during gameplay. you become that title
-other players still see your created name, and the scoreboard shows both, but to you, you’re just the title… your identity is permanently gone.

5 Likes

This needs to be fixed

I didn’t know the title would replace my name and I don’t want it anymore

5 Likes

Where does it displays only the title?
I have seen player with nomad title but it was shown under their name.

4 Likes

i dont have access to a camera but during gameplay i see 200/200 health, the healthbar, and the title

1 Like

Print Screen, open paint, Ctrl+V

I see. Well this is pretty stupid indeed.

its actually a bit infuriating, not just because im “Nomad” no matter what hero i select, but also because their reasoning for removing my diamond border portrait was to reduce player toxicity, and now i stand out reguardless, and cannot turn it off. they had to of known that the “no title” option is LOCKED, so im starting to feel like they are promoting toxicity on purpose.

5 Likes