Placements need a Rework

Since the release of Overwatch Blizzard never really revealed how placements work. So I was curious and stopped playing on my main account in Plat and created a new account.
After my 10 placement matches against first Silvers and Golds then Diamonds and then Masters I got placed in High Diamond/Low Masters in which I definitely don’t belong. ( I believe I belong in Plat)
So to confirm that the Placements really aren’t working properly I did the placements on my main account. I played the same heroes and performed overall the same and got the same Win/Loss Ratio (+/- 1) but got placed in low Gold.
So my guess is the system just wildly overrates new players and simply puts returing players in the same rank or lower that they have been last season.

TL;DR I understand this system makes sense to some degree but placing the same player first High Diamond and then Low Gold is very confusing. So I think the system might need some rework… ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Ultimately they need removing completely after you’ve completed them once.

Doing 10 matches to get placed -100/+100 SR of where you finished last season seems so damn pointless :confused:

They have. And they mean nothing.

It will always put you were you left of last season not matter how well or bad you preform. In fact they even said it use to put you just below your last season SR so you would climb up so having a good start. But I believe that’s removed now.

So you’re telling me that they oficially stated that their placements do nothing and basically are just there to waste your time ? lol