Placement loss and suspension

First off, screw you folks for making me use the forums instead of providing me a way to directly communicate my problem.

I was playing a ranked match when my Xbox shutdown randomly for an unknown reason. I was able to make it back into the match in less than 3 minutes with more than enough time to win the match. I had already been in the match for 10+ min when the DC happened.

It was a placement match and somehow not only recorded as a loss (it wasn’t), but I was also suspended for 5 minutes.

This is completely unacceptable. I want my match win returned before I continue with placements.

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

Sure you can. It’s called, “I returned to the match and never disconnected again.” If your server can’t tell if someone dropped and returned versus dropped and never returned, that’s [fecal swear word] programming.

It’s called trolling, anyone could leave a match and return in that case. If it’s a one off and you don’t usually disconnect, then you have nothing to worry about moving forward.