Placed as gold LOOL ?!

So in beta role q i end up as tank in Diamond. As dps around 3.3.

Ive just made now my 5 placements. I won all 5 matches by a complete stomp.

Rly this matches were 6-11 mins. Ive got every single match as zarya gold dmg/elims and i got placed in gold xD? I guess thats why they were complete stomps.

Just to say ive never been in gold since the launch of ow. I end up on master most of the seasons. I started this game already in plat.

EDIT: There was a GM reinhardt in the enemy team placed as Gold LOL

I believe its a bug or something.

Streamers are getting gold/plat and they’re around top500.

I mean, if you are confident in your skills, you can easily climb, no?

Gold and Plat are really annoying to get out of, even if you are good.

That’s what happened in the beta for me. I’m a diamond player but I was playing in gold/low plat games. Lol.

If you are Masters or GM, it shouldn’t be “annoying” to get out of. It should be a walk in the park.

Maybe Diamond players in Gold or Plat will have a difficult time though.

There was a GM reinhardt in the enemy team placed as Gold LOL

Supposedly 4600 players are placing gold and getting +1 SR for wins after that lol

1 Like

MMR is so flaked up right now

I am seeing other reports from across the community. No official news on this matter at this time.

1 Like

Update, Competitive now disabled. Overwatch team is on it.

Feel our pain. Soak in it. Climb the bloody walls we have suffered upon.

Does this mean I’m not a plat tank, and a gold healer, and a non ranked DPS because of Queue times?

Please stand by for news. Until this is addressed by the devs, not much can be done.

Bronze tank here I come! :smiley:

Well if there’s a bug that doesn’t allow you to place at your rank, then who says it’ll allow you to climb to your rank? Obviously this needs to be fixed as it’s an unintended flaw.

Not saying it shouldn’t be fixed. But I think most Masters and GM could eventually climb out of Gold and Plat with relatively ease.

1 Like

If this system were working properly, then yeah. Definitely! I did read that some of them were getting only 2 SR for wins though before comp was shut down. The system is pretty messed up at the moment.

1 Like

When there’s a month long beta and this happens…