Pink Mercy Skin Request

LOL what intent? By explaining why 1) charity drives work like they do and 2) why in this case for now you won’t see it, so I am the bad guy? Grow up.

I mean I get why people want it, but the arguments for it are often flawed, and the reason why you won’t see it is pretty clear. At least not for now, the best chance is that OW2 is very successful and has 3-5 x the playerbase which never had it, then would be the best time, not now with an anemic 4.5 million playerbase where 50% of the players have the skin already…

i hate rereleases for the simple reason that they will take up a slot that would have been something new something everyone could earn.

yes i knew dh sombra will be added later again, i didn’t expect to simply not get anything at all that day as reward as i already had the reward.

(not even credits for the duplicate where given)

We need to keep this topic civil. Please take time to read through the Blizzard forums rules and guidelines. We may not agree on something. But please take time to keep the community a Clean and welcoming place.

3 Likes

I think the charity aspect is irrelevant. That is used only as a facade by some people to hide unpleasant realities. I agree that it is just a normal trade transaction. However, the underlying force/motivator that makes it possible is greed on both sides: the scalper wants a lot of money, the other side wants to possess the Pink Mercy.

2 Likes

So you insult me, then dare to quote TOS? Again, grow up a bit. You are threatening me after a direct insult, then you dare to quote TOS to me? Flagged.

A difference of opinion is not an insult. I am asking you to keep the discussion civil.

2 Likes

Sorry for interrupting your debates but I believe (it’s all my opinion) that the most selfish people are who don’t want this skin back because they stop be “exclusive” :nauseated_face:.
These individuals believe that this legendary skin makes them cool and unique, but at the same time forget that more times we have this event, than more lives will be saved, as more and more money will go the BCRF! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
Such gamers hate charity and desire to make place better world - is just cool look and “exclusive” :face_vomiting: skin
But the most horrible thing is that when someone tells to bring something back, they start to offend and humiliate a person :smiling_face_with_tear: :face_with_spiral_eyes: :exploding_head:

3 Likes

It’s not uncivil to tell you to grow up when you are acting immaturely. You impugned my name for no reason, after I explained why it was unlikely to return, defended people trading things they paid for, and when even it was best to return. Yeah kinda immature ngl.

Don’t confuse people telling you why its not coming back soon with wanting it back.

You really think this? :thinking:

1 Like

I agree, I do my fair share of poking around websites looking at stuff including one certain popular auction site and find some of the people here that demand this skin to NOT come back , are infact that outspoken scalpers here that DO NOT want the skin back whom are selling it on said websites.

I think it is rather non-sincere of them to fight it. So I do agree on this.

4 Likes

Sure some demand it, they have right to because they do want it to be exclusive (I personally don’t care and I have it on my main account). OTOH, you cannot batch everyone who doesn’t agree with it coming back even if for a charity as a “Bad person”.

Frankly, I’d rather see a Pink Brig skin to be honest, they’d make more money with a new skin rather than just Pink Mercy. OTOH, the best would be a bundle… but it will never happen thanks to the problems of association with the Cosby Room and the woman who committed suicide and BCRF’s mission. You just conveniently ignore this.

You guys care so much about BCRF and charities, might I ask you to donate what you would have paid ($20) this moment to BCRF in honor of getting the skin even if you can’t? Show me screen caps of your donation with any sensitive info redacted.

1 Like

All in all, let’s focus on support of this return: I actually saw several petitions and massages to bring it back (I CAN’T put links unfortunately so, I put only parts of them - pardon me)
1 - Reddit: Posted by Slaycouleex 2 years ago = 14 200 voices for it
r/Overwatch/comments/j3q7fu/dear_jeff_this_breast_cancer_awareness_month/
2- Change org. Petition №1 to bring it back 5 137 voices
p/blizzard-entertainment-bring-back-pink-mercy
3- Different Overwatch forums ≈ 14570 people for it
4- Different YouTube videos ≈ 50970 people for it

14200+5 137+14570+50970=84877 (the approximate number of people who actively indicate the need for the return of Pink Mercy)
84877*15 = $1,273,155 (USD) (the amount that will go to the BCRF charitable foundation)
One detail - the minimum should be $250,000, so the profit is done.

Let’s just imagine if there will more players (for example 11 times more, as not all people are in these forums and hundreds of new players will be in Overwatch 2 as free to play)
8487711=933647
15= $14,004,705 (USD) - THE RECORD OF THE FIRST ACTION HAS BEEN BROKEN!!! (12,5 MILLIONS USD)

According to this mathematical statistics I still believe that still believe that the Pink Mercy event should be held more than one time! And if this action will be forever – it will be the perfect decision. If we will look to some other companies, charity events are held more than 1 time, and their rewards for the donation are not something exclusive! For example – Apple company: they have special devices, which are called Product (RED) and you can buy them at any time and the part of the money is going to charity. Isn’t it great?

Remember more times we have this event, then we will get more money for the better and more accurate breast cancer research, then more lives are saved! :dove: :heartpulse:

Heroes never die!

2 Likes

I hope you see that it’s your greed that makes those skins “cool and unique”. If no one else had a desire to possess them then they would become much less “cool and unique” in the eyes of their current owners.

It’s greed on both sides while the majority of the playerbase don’t care. Your greed is one of the primary reasons why Blizzard could sell Pink Mercy in the first place and that’s why they will be able to sell future skins too.

And here we come again, trying to hide greed with this charity thing. I don’t think you have a genuine interest in that “good cause”. Be careful what you wish for: if you just want Blizzard to donate again (to BCRF or somewhere else) they have an infinite number of options/alternatives that don’t necessarily satisfy your greed.

1 Like

Again?! I told once that I DON’T want ONLY skin, so that’s why I want this charity event will be one more time as I, first of all, will donate money to BCRF, not at Blizzard! Isn’t it logical?! Skin will be like an unbelievably awesome gift for this step. THAT’S IT! I am not a greedy person! I just want to participate in it, as I could not do it in 2018, as other people who want this event back!

2 Likes

Buying that specific skin is usually the only thing that most people like you really want.

Donating to a charity or asking Blizzard to hold charity events can be done without even mentioning Pink Mercy because that skin isn’t necessary and new skins can be created quite easily compared to other components in a video game.

As I see it: You buy a skin from Blizzard and they donate the profits to BCRF.

This is followed by public statements mentioning the generosity of the playerbase despite the fact that in the majority of the cases the primary motivation to give out money was greed: a desire to possess a skin.

Everyone is greedy but most people don’t admit it. They try to look better by hiding it with varying degrees of success.

Just to make things clear: gifts are free. A company or charity might attach a “gift” label to a traded item to make reality look better but in essence it still isn’t a gift.

What you propose is a trade transaction: exchanging your money for a specific item. It’s already “not a gift” (because it isn’t free) but the fact that you propose a transaction by asking for a specific thing makes it even less of a gift IMO because those are usually offered.

This is just another way of saying that you want the Pink Mercy skin.

Certain things (like past events and related items) never come back. You might or might not get lucky with Pink Mercy.

5 Likes

not at all, on my side at least

I stand by everything that I have stated

english is my first language, and I am fully versed in it

the topic is always about Pink Mercy returning or not returning

it is nontopical to go into how ones feels this topic is annoying

further, not every topic on these forums is going to be to everyone’s liking - one needs to accept that there will be topics that are not to one’s liking. I find the annoyance from these best avoided by simply choosing to not participate in such topics rather than jump in with a nontopicla and unconstructive post saying “ya’all are sooooo annoying”

despite that, in nearly every such thread, including but not limited to this one, there are forum members who claim that this topic shouldnt be discussed at all

repeatedly

here’s one from you: it remains true that there is no cure for cancer

as a clarification, the “thick skull” remark was and is offensive and was and is a general attack on people

with this now fully clarified, I wont be addressing this item any further in this side discussion

I’ve yet to see proof that the charity makes this call. Feel free to provide it for this otherwise entirely unsupported claim

that said, even if this is the case, money talks – Blizzard can negotiate with the charity and sweeten the pot for them considerably in the interests of bringing this back for its public relations effect

again, because of this, Blizzard is highly motivated at the moment to obtain public relations repair, and charitable acts is one of the most frequently pursued means to that end for many organizations

I have seen no begging here

what I have seen is a legitimate request to make a legitimate purchase of a desired product

this is everyday commerce, occurring millions of times every day all across the globe

as such, my best guess is that the word “beggars” is simply being used as an attack on those who’d like to make this purchase, given its negative and derogatory connotations

I would ask that such attacks cease

same with many many other topics

the difference being that one generally doesnt see non-topical and unconstructive posts like this one in these other topics for some unknown reason

first, theres no good reason for darling to not believe what he/she was told

second, Blizzard is in great need of public relations repair, and charitable acts is a method that many organizations turn to when they have such a need. as such, Blizzard has strong motivation to do this at the moment

except it isnt too late

the skin still exists

it can be made available

many players - even those that have it on some of their accounts - are willign to pay for it

so it can happen

actually these two are in no way comparable

yes, one cannot relive ones childhood

but the skin still exists and can be resold at any time

citation?

otherwise this is an entirely unsupported claim

the problem with this argument is that there are an unlimited number of such “slots”

ergo one doesnt “lose” an available slot

not at all

more dollars for BC research is a good thing…a very good thing

for me, not only is it relevant, it is the most relevant piece of all this

which is strange, because it is at this point well known that there are nearly 900 thousand of these skins out there

I cant see this being “exclusive” or “unique” given that number

this has already been covered many many many times in many Pink Mercy skins, but I will cover it here once more.

there are three types of people: Group 1 donates without need for recomense. Group 2 donates with recompense. Group 3 doesnt donate, period, for whatever the reason

charities maximize their incoming funds by appealing to both groups 1 and 2, and they do so happily without any derisive remarks or demands for group 2. They accept group 2. Pink Mercy was an appeal specifically to group 2.

as such, a demand that group 2 members, ie those who wish to make this purchase, “just donate” is a misplaced message

despite that, we see this misplaced message in almost every Pink Mercy thread

this too has been covered many many times in many Pink Mercy threads

the point is that the buyer’s motivations really dont matter here, because the dollar from a well-intentioned individual spends the same for bc research as the dollar from an individual with less than perfect intentions

1 Like

i see what you did there :slight_smile:

3 Likes

A citation from: “purelysandy” (translated to the English)-

The skin cost $15 and was only available for a couple of weeks, that is, only from May 8 to the 21st of the same month. Despite the fact that the skin was available for such a short time, it raised a huge $12.7 million for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, which was a huge help for the foundation.
Because of the popularity of the skin among fans of the game. , it has been returned for good and is now available on the Battle Net website for the same price, with all the money earned still going to BCRF.

Come on Blizzard, we can do this!!! :pleading_face:

Also, let’s remember the official letter form BCRF

Thank you so much for reaching
out. We are so grateful to receive
your kind words and love for the
BCRF + Blizzard partnership.
BCRF continues to be in contact
with our wonderful partners at
Overwatch. We encourage you
to continue sharing your love for
Pink Mercy on social media so
the Blizzard team knows how
much this program means to the
community and can consider
bringing it back. While the
program is no longer active, there
are several ways to continue to
support BCRF through gaming. To
learn more, we encourage you to
visit … (there was a link) … and to stay
up to date with updates from our
partners, we invite you to sign up
for the BCRF newsletter, linked
at the bottom of the page of
… (there was a link) …

Overwatch developers - everything is in your hands! Together we can make the world a better place, as well as raise the ratings of our favorite game! And we players and users have already told you for a long time how important this action is for us!

1 Like

That was actually a typo that changed the whole meaning of my message there. It should say shouldn’t, not should.

You’re probably reading what I said with a different perspective on my overall post because of my previous typo that made it look like I was against Pink Mercy returning. I wasn’t calling this poster a beggar either, I was just referring to the usual group who spam the same post.

TLDR: I don’t care for the skin, but donating to such an important charity is great. And, it is extremely strange that Blizzard hasn’t brought the skin back yet, especially since the premise of paid skins never returning has been broken due to the OWL skin vault last September/August… they really have no reason not to now. The only people who don’t want the skin to return are the group of people who have the skin and care about ‘exclusivity’ or whatever (of a charity skin, kinda disgusting ngl).

fair enough

if you edit your original post with this specific correction and then let me know you have done so, I will remove my response in its entirety

two clarifications

1. I dont see any of the other posters who have asked for this skin in other places/sites/posts/whatever to be beggars either. Its an attacking/derisive word and in my opinion it has no place in a serious discussion of this topic.

2. I will however make more or less the same offer here as with the other post…edit your post to remove “beggar” while not adding any other attacking words, let me know you have done so, and I will happily remove my other response as well. Please understand that I am not demanding this, rather, do as you wish; but given your overall response here I dont think you intended to attack

1 Like