Pink Mercy Skin Request

I submitted the ticket below a couple months ago and received a reply being told “the only ones with the power to bring back the skins would the
OW Dev team themselves so you would need to post on the forums
requesting the ability to purchase the Pink mercy skin,
hopefully it’ll be something they would be willing to consider if enough support is there for it” so here I am –

Hello,

I recently just bought and installed Overwatch for the first time ever, up until this past week I have always owned a Mac computer, which meant I was never able to play, use, or even download/buy Overwatch unfortunately since I could not afford a Windows computer (getting the Mac at the time was not within my control, I did not get to choose Windows > Mac).

My mother has, thankfully, recovered from having breast cancer as well.
Pink is my favorite color and Mercy is the champion I am hoping to main in your game. I heard about Pink Mercy via youtube videos about Overwatch and from friends who have played your game before me.

Considering the fact that I have never been able to play Overwatch previously during the event/fundraiser for breast cancer, my mother being a survivor, and my patience/loyalty to want to play your game still years later,
I was wondering if there would be any chance I could be granted the opportunity to buy / own the pink Mercy skin on my Overwatch account? It is the only thing I would ask/desire out of this game’s content.

I was thinking of trying to get it via the one-time buy legendary loot crate bundle for $5 though I tried researching if that was an option to get pink Mercy and unfortunately it seems it is not.

I actually cried about this the other night, I went to look at Mercy’s information as soon as the installation for Overwatch finished.

I ask that you please consider my request, I want to be able to contribute to the breast cancer research, have waited years to play Overwatch, and pink Mercy has been something I have been really looking forward to and waiting patiently for. I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask, I am unsure how else to contact / where to inquire about this. I understand if your answer is no, I just wanted to do my best to try and ask.

Thank you for your time

18 Likes

Devs do not read the troubleshooting forum. This should be posted in #general-discussion

5 Likes

Okay, thank you I will do that.

2 Likes

Unfortunately it is not available in the legendary crates. It was a limited time release. As someone who owns it, i wouldn’t mind if it came back; I wouldn’t see why not; however just know that people frequently ask this, and the community often gets irritated towards the people who do.

I don’t think its very likely the devs will bring it back, especially as in a fairly recent article they said they have no plans to bring it back.

5 Likes

There is no reason this skin should not be made available again. There really was no reason it should have stopped being made available. I know people that have wanted this skin for a long time and would buy it the moment its made available again.

9 Likes

Unfortunately, I think you’re out of luck:

21 Likes

plans can (and often do) change

particularly when interest continues to be demonstrated for this product

agreed

I personally would like to see it made available every October, ie BC Awareness month

6 Likes

nontopical aside to Nicole: the bottom of this thread has a label that states " This topic will close a month after the last reply.".

I see this same label on some threads - its kinda rare - but never see a pattern as to why a few threads are labeled as such while most are not.

what causes a thread to get this label?

3 Likes

Reset the clock on “won’t shut the hell up about Pink Mercy” skin thread.

15 Likes

theres no need to “shut up” about a legitimate ow-related topic on a forum set up explicitly to talk about ow-related topics

i dont enjoy some topics myself. Genji, as one example. Nothing against Genji at all, I just dont enjoy talking about him or playing him.

…but…

I accept that on an Overwatch forum, some folks do want to talk about Genji, and as such there will be threads on said topic. I simply dont read or participate in such threads to prevent any annoyance.

I hope this can help others when they encounter threads they do not find to be to their own liking

4 Likes

Not everyone has to approach the forums the way you do, though. Flag him if you think it’s a violation of ToS.

There is when the devs gave you your answer already.

There are no plans to bring Pink Mercy back at this time.

That’s it. Accept it. Move the hell on.

Stop asking for it to come back when they’ve said they’re not bringing it back, and if they do, it will be at THEIR DISCRETION, not yours.

Move. On.

21 Likes

You’ve started the train.

“But they won’t ever bring it back unless they know there’s a demand for it, and it’s a perfectly legitimate reason to use the forums!”

This is what MegaDodo lives for, man.

1 Like

I can always just add them to my increasing list of forever ignores.

Best feature on the forum, if they don’t get attention, they can’t keep the train running.

I wish there was a harder ignore option.

Seeing “1 hidden reply” is tough for my lizard brain to ignore. I don’t even care if some topics would look nonsensical, I would love to be able to full blown super ignore some people.

3 Likes

not at all, given the answer that was provided…

…and with this being said answer, plans can and do change.

There are many such examples just within Overwatch’s own change history

as such, forum members legitimately can and legitimately do continue to ask for the current plans to change.

by keeping this topic in mind and in sight, the decision makers see it regularly demonstrated that demand for this product remains strong, even years after it was last available. This helps keep the question “on the table”, so to speak

that isnt it, actually, and there is no need nor requirement to “move on”

again, these forums were set up explicitly for discussion of overwatch related topics

this is an overwatch related topic

it is being discussed

there are no problems with that whatsoever

this is not what they said, actually

agreed

…but…

continued discussion of this topic here on these forums may help influence a change of heart on the part of the decision makers

as such, the discussion continues

legitimately, despite protests against it

as covered above, there is no need to do so

4 Likes

This last sentence is incorrect

I ask that claims to speak for what I am and/or what I want cease

1 Like

Well, mix it up a little bit and I might say something different.

Bring back pink Mercy! :cherry_blossom:

8 Likes

I’m new to Overwatch, there is no need to be rude - I did not know the status about the skin hence my ticket, which I was then told to make a post on the forum for the Developers - “the only ones with the power to bring back the skins would the
OW Dev team themselves so you would need to post on the forums
requesting the ability to purchase the Pink mercy skin,
hopefully it’ll be something they would be willing to consider if enough support is there for it”

6 Likes