Pink Mercy in Overwatch 2

couple issues with this statement

first, one doesnt need to be a Mercy main to want the skin and/or favor the return of the skin. As such, the assumption made here is a bad one

second, there are players - Mercy mains or not - who liked the removal of mass rez. I am one of those. So it is also a bad assumption to declare that Mercy mains as a whole “went on” about the rework for years

There’s no reason for us to to do so

First, there are many signs that the skin can return

Second, the continued discussion of this matter keeps the issue in sight and in mind for those who make the decisions on such things. It ensures that the decision makers know that the demand remains high for this skin even yeas after the original offer

Third, this forum was set up explicitly for the discussion of legitimate ow-related topics. This is a legitimate ow-related topic

2 Likes

Personally as a Mercy Main, I don’t want Blizzard to re-release this skin. You missed it? Too bad. If the BCRF wanted to do another charity event, I hope it’s for a different skin.

3 Likes

Understood

be aware tho, that a person who is against Pink Mercy returning is implicitly also against additional funds going to cancer research

additionally, if a new (currently purely hypothetical) charity skin is made available, I see no good reason not to offer both skins rather than just one or the other, as this would result in a much bigger sack of cash for charity

1 Like

How dare you. No, that does not imply that I do not want funds to go towards breast cancer research. My mother died of lung cancer and I bought this skin in memory of her as well as giving back to a cause I personally supported. I don’t like that you assumed that.

The simple fact is, if you missed the exclusive event, then that’s not anyone else’s issue. If you really want to make this about donating to cancer research, then look for other games that offer ways to donate to that as well instead of pestering over one virtual skin.

4 Likes

I’ll say 4 words:

Its not coming back.

1 Like

first, I am very sorry for your loss. Losing a parent is one of the worst things ever in one’s life, imo, and I mean that most sincerely

That said, there’s no daring involved here, just simple facts

some players simply arent aware of this particular aspect of being against a re-release of Pink Mercy, so it is best imo to make them aware as it may change their mind about their stance

There is a large demand for the return of this skin, and as such there is a large sum of money that can be earned for charity if it does return. That particular set of money is not available is the skin does not return, so being in favor of the skin not returning is also implicitly being in favor of these additional funds not going to the BCRF

one other item: the skin can be re-released, so missing out the first time it was offered need not be the “such is life, you missed out, deal with it” hindrance to acquiring it that many portray it to be

6 Likes

Actually, the Pink Mercy skin will return when and if Blizzard decides it will return, no matter how many forum members insist that it cant ever happen

4 Likes

if minors can go to a store and buy stuff then they can donate what you prolly mean is they don’t have a credit card, which they could buy a blizzard prepaid card.

That’s not true you have no way of knowing that and you should take you’re own advice and cease personal attacks

3 Likes

actually, it is true, and I do know that

I’ve already fully explained how the one leads directly to the other

Hopefully, some of the folks who are against the return of this skin will, with this connection now understood, reconsider their position

there were no personal attacks whatsoever in my post

5 Likes

Again you have no way of knowing if someone is against the skins return but donates to various Breast cancer research orgs. You’re implication that someone who wants skin exclusivity therefore they are against donation for breast cancer is dishonest and a thin accusation of someone’s character so yes you did personally attack someone when you said that

5 Likes

this statement is true, but that wasnt what I was or am saying, and as such it isnt relevant to the point I made

what I am actually saying (and have actually said) is that if a person is against the return of the Pink Mercy skin, one is implicitly against a specific large amount of money funds going to the BCRF

this isnt what I said, and there were no attacks made by me, personal or otherwise

1 Like

Were these not the words you typed? You are saying that people against pink mercy returning are against additional funds going to breast cancer. Again that’s simply not true and it is dishonest to say a person is against funds going to breast cancer research because they don’t want the skin to come back.

3 Likes

again, there was no dishonesty or personal attacks whatsoever in any of the statements I have made

what I have stated is truthful and correct

at this point, I ask that the personal attacks on me cease

1 Like

Again this is an assumption.

Where did I personally attack you.

there is no assumption whatsoever here

Pink Mercy can be sold again and x dollars would be collected for charity

Those x dollars do not go to charity is Pink Mercy is not re-released

these are simply facts

2 Likes

to clarify, there have been multiple personal attacks made on me in this conversation

1 Like

It’s an assumption that you’re saying that person is against large amounts of money going to BCRF. You have no idea what that person thinks or how they think money should be allocated

2 Likes

And again I’m asking you to show me where I said something to you. If you don’t have anything say you made a mistake and move one

1 Like