Pink Mercy availability

I really would like the chance to get the pink mercy skin again. I was taking a break from overwatch when it was released so I didn’t even know it existed, I almost exclusively play mercy and when it was out I would have happily payed for the skin. I don’t think it needs to be constantly available but since breast cancer awareness month is October I think it would be really cool if we could have the change to get it during that time especially if there was another pink hero skin released along with it being available again.

7 Likes

Someone posted this a few days ago, it should supply you with enough information and opinions to satisfy your curiosity about the subject matter.

1 Like

It’s listed at legacy so it’s unlikely to return. They might do it again but with a different skin. No one knows.

Inb4 /someone/ shows up to say “blizzard has never brought back a legacy skin for the past 20 years and bla blá blá”… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Appreciate your concern about the matter. I also want it to return, and I believe every post asking for it is important. Blizzard staff will notice the interest and chances to bring it back increases naturally. :partying_face:

1 Like

As someone who didn’t find the game worth playing until recently, I’m all for more skins. I’m also against artificial scarcity/exclusivity as a concept. I have exclusive skins I think should be made available too because I don’t find something special by my ability to keep it from other people.

Also, why would they not do a charity event like that annually? “Legacy Skin?” Such a weird decision to limit yourself on your ability to repeat a charity fundraiser.

2 Likes

blizzard has never brought back a legacy skin for the past 20 years so they wont do it now

get ezclapped

4 Likes

I’m sure they’ll bring it back at some point. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

So after the halloween event and them releasing the sombra demon hunter skin its kinda crappy if they don’t release other skins again at some point. Wasn’t that suppose to be a legacy skin from the 2018 blizzcon? and now it was just a free skin in a halloween event

It was specifically stated to be returning later, acquirable through a different means. There was no such indication for any other skin.

6 Likes

Nano cola dva skin was legacy but they released it in loot boxes later (or event idk)

But why though? Why THIS skin and not another one. If they are going to break their own rules, at least have some sort of consistency.

No. They didnt. The police officer and genji oni skin which were unlocked by playing hots were added to lootboxes.

3 Likes

They do so many more WoW pet charity skins – not sure why it hasn’t been more done in OW.

They don’t have stated rules for it, people just assume legacy means never coming back.

This one time one did though there was specific text during the first release saying it was going to. None of the others ever had that. So going by past occurrences, legacy seems to mean never coming back unless specifically stated.

I’m all for Pink Mercy coming back, I bought it for like 4 people and would love to give my newer OW friends a chance to get it too, but they left an opening for DH Sombra. Pink Mercy just moved into legacy after the event.

So all sombra coming back meant was they were actually fulfilling a promise they made, it doesn’t necessarily mean all bets are off for legacy skins.

1 Like

it was stated to be re-released in the fine print that lots of people foolishly didn’t read and bought the ticket just for the skin. it wasn’t like the bastion or winston skins where they were themed of the whole blizzcon event which is why they re-released it. the same thing can be said about this years skins but i think they’re keeping it exclusive because of the crybabies.

no other exclusive skin will be made available again, this is obvious. it would hurt blizzards reputation (or whatever they have left) if they released pink mercy again which was advertised as limited. people want to make any excuse they can but it won’t come back. personally, i wish they’d do another charity with a different hero. i also wish they would’ve kept pink year round for donations but it’s just tiresome beating this very, VERY dead horse.

I have it and would love for more people to have a chance to get it.

1 Like

You might do better getting people to contact the “Breast Cancer Research Foundation” they ran a fund raiser, ow just supported it with the skin. Owning the skin indicates contribution to the foundation.

Everyone hates the idea of it coming back, and Blizzard does as well, so no. It’s never coming back.

Its like you people are yelling at a brick wall, how many Pink Mercy threads are posted on these forums every day? Do you not read those? Do you not understand?

Stop asking for Pink Mercy, only blizz has the power to start another charity event. And if they dont, well YOURE OUT OF LUCK IM SORRY.

Im starting to get a bit nauseated every time I see a Pink Mercy thread now, its like a constant droning sound in the back of my head. It looks so bad.

This thread was necro’d.

Also quit losing your lunch over a skin, it’s literally not a big deal. People are just doing what they’re asked to do: provide feedback on the forums.

If you’re that sensitive, maybe it’s time to log off.