Ping increase after the patch

So basically my ping has increased from ~75-78 up to 90-100 after the latest patch (Brigitte obviously) and I dunno what’s up. I’ve noticed that some streamers have the same issue. I asked my friend if he had any issues and he said he used to have like 30-40 now he’s getting 50+ after the patch. It’s on EU btw. So idk what’s up it’s kinda unplayable for me atm, hopefully you’ll fix this.

P.S. it’s not my internet. I’ve tested my internet on speedtest and everything is as usual as it’s always been plus I’m not downloading anything while playing so it must be on blizz’s end.

8 Likes

Same. My LATENCY increased by 30+

1 Like

I have the same problem, also on EU. From 65-70 ping to 90+ and i’m getting a lot of spikes.
I checked my internet connection and seems to work fine.

1 Like

same problem, getting +30 but no lag… network graph displays my normal ping but the latency indicator at the top adds +30… I also disconnected mid match for no reason

1 Like

Averaged 40-50ms before. Now getting 80ms+ which is double or more.

1 Like

Average 35-40 now 93-96ish
according to the official post, LATENCY should only increase 10-20, but this is like 60

1 Like

Hey all,

With today’s patch the ping indicator was removed and replaced with the Latency indicator. The Latency indicator displays the RTT. The RTT is normally higher than the ping. The ping did not change just what is being displayed changed. More details about these change can be found here.

Same over 100+ms extra after patch

No pings to IP are higher not referring to in game Latency display
Pings to 5.42.185.96 is 100MS higher than previous

I have this problem too, but the developers/community managers on the forums will not help. They do not care as long as a majority have fine ping. It is sad

I still go up to over 120 ping than original.

averaged 50ms. new patch comes out, 160ms
WHAT THE F*CK IS THIS

I’m on the East coast of the US and I’ve been having a lot of trouble too. I’m not stupid enough to think that constant 800+ latency spikes is just due to the switch from PNG to Latency in game (pointed look at idiotic blizzard staff response). I’m rubber banding all over the map and I can’t fix it! I’m always at 100-200 latency and it’s severely inhibiting my game play. My computer is a good gaming one, my wifi is fine, this only started about a month ago, and I’m going crazy.

1 Like

I’m finding the same issue i have to force exit overwatch and reconnect to matches to fix the lag. It seems to be random I can have a few good matches then all of a sudden I will be lagging.

Same issue, near Niagara Falls in Canada and it’s basically unplayable at this point since the last patch, glitching constantly.

I literally came back from holiday, wanted to do my placements and all i got was rubber banding, fluctuating ping and no it’s not my internet. Everything else runs great, smooth… Apart from Overwatch. It makes it impossible to play, don’t think i’ll be playing it until it’s fixed. It’s horrible.

hey! your problem is completely separate to this post (this post is over a year old!)

Please make a new topic in #technical-support :heart: