Pick rate does not inherently mean op

Look at rein my guy is the second worst tank yet is played a tone because hes super fun and just cool yet im pretty sure everyone can agree he needs so love and some small buffs.

6 Likes

be careful, you have an opinion. this place doesn’t like opinions. good take though.

2 Likes

You’d think this would be common sense, but this is the Overwatch Forums, so you’ll probably get those who disagree either for the sake of disagreeing, or because they’re…yeah.

2 Likes

I’d argue that pickrate is very close to powerlevel.

And that the problem is assuming there’s only one dominant strategy across all ELO ranges.

Pick rate in gm is very important.
Gm players outside of otp’s don’t play heroes there are weak.

Weird way to write second best

Zbra plays only Doomfist though and he’s worse than what he was in season 1, lol + who cares about diamond+ community. Revolve the game around gold and just tell the top ranks to go play League or something.

I said most gm players other than otps…
Zbra is basically an otp.
Balancing around the ranks where players can’t play heroes to their maximum potential just kills the competitive integrity for higher ranks.
Plus it’s not really a balance issue in lower ranks, more of the players personal issues with their own gameplay.

and I would disagree, can it yes look at sojourn but also look at Cassady and Genji two low c tier heroes who are just popular. but then look at sym who is the exact opposite not very popular but is stronger due to her buffs a low a high b tier hero.

i would disagree look how succesfull 1 tricks can be on weak heroes like ball rein sombra cassady and genji. but that’s also why i said not inherently because sometimes it is op mean high pick look at hog sojourn and kiriko.

lol good joke

You can get to gm playing any hero…
People did it with bastion in ow1 aka the worst hero.
Mccree and tracer having massive pickrates in gm in ow1 was indicative of their power level.
I’ll say it again, MOST gm players won’t play heroes that are weak as they want to win.
That’s why Cree and tracer had such high pickrates.

Well you are kinda right for complicated reasons.

It’s not a direct 1 to 1 on power vs pickrate.

Although that makes you wonder if the goal of balance should be hero usage variety, and not equal power.

both can be true personly, but heroes should only be stronger or weaker on maps