Phone number problem

The phone number in my account is old and i don’t have access to it anymore, i sended a ticket and they responded that if you have a battle net account and you play since june 2021 you don’t need a phone number anymore, i play since 2017 and a battle net account that is aprox 3 years old, do i still need a number?

SMS Protect

We designed Overwatch 2 to be a live service, which enables us to be responsive to a variety of player feedback. We have made the decision to remove phone number requirements for a majority of existing Overwatch players. Any Overwatch player with a connected Battle.net account, which includes all players who have played since June 9, 2021, will not have to provide a phone number to play. We are working to make this change and expect it to go live on Friday, October 7. We will update players once it is in effect.

1 Like

Yea i read that but i don’t quite understand, sorry English is not my native language, does it mean that anybody that PLAYED in that time or everyone that created an account in that time, i might sound stupid, i played in 2021

Anyone that played OW1 since June 9, 2021, will not have to provide a phone number to play.

If you played after June 9, 2021 you should be good. The change to the SMS requirement will be on Friday, October 7th - US California time and date. If you do not live in the USA your date may be different.

1 Like

Thank u so munch for the info, i had problems with the merge thing because of the number so now it will be easier, appreciated

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.