-

WATCH LIVE: YouTubeOverwatch League

Official Forums Pick'em Top 5*
#1 KAETZEE 5 points
#2 WYOMINGMYST 4 points
#3 SICKONE 3 points
#4 ARENA25 3 points
#5 LEOTAIL72 0 points
*Not Live. See the live leaderboard here.

Click here for Discussion Thread Rules
  • This thread is intended for the discussion of this specific Overwatch League match.
  • Please be respectful to one another and follow the Forum Code-of-Conduct and the Overwatch Forum Posting Guidelines.
  • Incentivizing boycotts or invoking discussion that outright expresses hate or disinterest toward Overwatch or the Overwatch League directly in these match discussion threads of any kind will be considered trolling and flagged appropriately.
  • If you are Trust Level 3 user, you are welcome and encouraged to post your animated YouTube clips, gifs and images in replies to support your team or be expressive, but please keep any such imagery appropriate.
  • I, WyomingMyst, am a Forum MVP. This means I spend a great deal of time helping players with Overwatch (which is why my text is green in color). This thread is not related to my role as a Forum MVP and I do not represent Blizzard Entertainment.

Thank you for your cooperation and enjoy the match!

Tokens now enabled on OverwatchLeague.com! Click here for important information and troubleshooting!

Join the official forums OWL Pick'em Leadeerboards!Need info on the 2021 OWL Season? Click here to watch my video explaining it all!

IMPORTANT REMINDER: Soe Opening Weekend Spray is not yet patched into the game client.

This means once you earn the qualifying time for that spray, you cannot access it right away until it arrives in a later patch. Follow my streaming rewards guide thread for updates on when that spray arrives in the game client at a future time. You must still watch the required amount of 4 hours from April 16th to 18th to earn that spray.

This match will be the ENCORE match at 10 AM PST

The scoreboard on the starting post will have a Spoiler tag to preview direct viewing.

Not sure who wins this.

Both teams have hot and cold moments.

Philly had ping issues, but they picked up some good last minute korean players to band-aid that.

Hmmm.

My pickems say I chose Dynasty 3 - 1.

Guess I’ll stick with my gut and hope Profit/Gesture are in a good mood.

I think out of all the matches, this one might just turn out to be the closest one yet. While one might think the Dynasty 3-0 this, when you factor in the minimum latency feature to ensure a level playing field, this might turn out to be close…real close.

My pickems say Fusion 3-2, though I would not be surprised if I was wrong.

Edit: I hope this one goes the distance, so that the match end time lines up right when I need to join the first Geology conference session (which concerns how to build a proper resume, CV, and cover letter when searching for a Geology job…which I’m unfortunately lacking all three).

I started college as a Geology major. Then I got to that “job” part and lost interest. :stuck_out_tongue:

Have a good night guys, I am leaving the stream running, but I need to get some sleep for now.

2 Likes

Pleasant dreams, Wyoming!

AVRL

Well, this might turn out to be a great match…

Also, T-Mobile had some decent ideas for a Super Bowl commercial…so much so, one was banned from airing during the Super Bowl (Edit: don’t worry, the ad itself was fairly clean, but since it involved the use of 2 Patriots-turned-Buccaneers, it didn’t take long before the ad was determined it couldn’t be aired).

Leave Alarm alone! :sob:

1 Like

We should call the police

We are witnessing a bully

1 Like

The good old “crap, we’re losing. let’s just go rush” play.

Good morning all…anything interesting from the early matches?

Seth keeps calling team kills “Aces”.

Too much of that other game. :rofl:

Apparently, both teams left their defensive tactics at home…

A Torb was used earlier, and a Junkrat was used. Only hero we are missing now is Roadhog, and we will have seen all the heroes used in one weekend.

Valiant won a map. Molanran is good at the video game.

Carpe is feeling himself. Bad news for my pred.

Well, my hopes of this match going the distance, and thus ending right when the first session of the Geology conference is starting is not looking too good right now. And neither is my pickem result…

AFTER MAP 2

Oasis (Control): Philadelphia Fusion 2, Seoul Dynasty 1

Blizzard World (Hybrid): Philadelphia Fusion 4, Seoul Dynasty 3

MATCH SCORE: Philadelphia Fusion 2, Seoul Dynasty 0

NEXT UP: HALFTIME, followed by the second half of Fusion vs. Dynasty. The Philadelphia Fusion are on MATCH POINT.

At least you picked Philly to win. You’ll still get a +1 on the pickem total. :frowning:

Actually, I just checked my pickem, and like a dummy I made a last second change to Seoul 3-1 before the picks locked. I’m doomed.

We go together! :skull: