Philadelphia Fusion vs. London Spitfire - Grand Finals

Cheers everyone and especially WyomingMyst. It’s been awesome. I’m proud of this game.

1 Like

bad game tonight. phily had no chance, london was just better. carpe is the reason this team is anywhere near this stage. nyxl should not underestimate phily and work some tactics instead of doing the usual stuff.

Well, let’s hope the world cup is equally or better than OWL.

Hopefully we get to see some outstanding and new talents before the next season of OWL comes so new teams can pick them up as well as other talents in contendors.

It’ll end before the next OWL season begins. It’s not in Blizzard’s best interest to have another stale meta for 6 months.

If Hammond’s too :poop: he will get buffed to be better against snipers.

I am going to take over from the great Oracle that is Brennan Hook here, and make a prediction:

If neither Zen nor Ana are meta by the time Blizzcon comes round, South Korea will NOT win the Overwatch World Cup

Everyone, thank you very much for joining me over the last few months and letting me be your guide throughout stages 3 and 4. Don’t forget the Overwatch League All-Star Game will be on this August 25 – 26, 2018 and will be live at Blizzard Arena Los Angeles in Burbank, California. So be sure to join me then. Also don’t forget that Overwatch World Cup Group Stages will be beginning August 16th as well. And if you crave more Overwatch esports action, all regions for Overwatch Contenders 2018 Season 2 is in the middle of their season.

As a reminder, the fourth and final spray (Living Room) should unlock momentarily even if you are not watching the press conferences if you have been watching the whole event. If you have any questions about getting drops, or other items involving Overwatch League, be sure to check out my Twitch Rewards Guide or reach out to Twitch’s support team.

Cheers loves, GG! (^^)v

4 Likes

there is no team to challenge them. every carry in owl was a korean guy. they can have 3 full korean teams for wc and win it with all 3.

This game makes me think Philly only made it to the Finals because they played the two teams that were amazing at dive and couldn’t adjust to the meta. Both LA teams did better against London than they did, so I think if they had played either or both of them on the way, they may not have made it.

Hmm I watched since the first game in the battle net launcher and it said I was logged in for rewards. Nothing in overwatch yet though :frowning:

The point you’re missing though is the 7 is already picked. The supports are Ark and Jjonak. Jjonak is without a doubt the #1 Zen, and he started as an Ana main (Jehong is his idol after all), and he can flex to some DPS well. However, the current flex picks for the flex support role?

• Moira? He’s generally avoided her
  • Bastion? About as well as anyone else that plays in OWL
  • Hog? He’s overaggressive and feeds
  • Tracer? The most likely one for him to flex to, but not as good as the top Tracers

Zen isn’t meta, Ana certainly isn’t. If the meta doesn’t change before Blizzcon (I say before then because there’s no way they don’t make it out of the groups) then Jjonak will end up as a dead weight for Korea.

Not everyone was able to watch live. You ruined the results of the most important match in OWL history in the TITLE of the first STICKIED thread on the forums. Please have some courtesy and remove the winner from the title.

Even the networks understand not everyone could watch live. The broadcasts are being replayed for those who couldn’t watch live. Thank you.

That doesn’t mean they won’t report the news though.

Not spoiling results of sports (or esports for that matter) is not a realistic expectation. Besides, why come to a message board when you are trying to avoid spoilers.

1 Like

I’m not looking up esports news. I came to Overwatch General Discussion. If there was an OWL forum I wouldn’t go there.

So making it worse somehow makes it ok? I appreciate you put a lot of effort into the scene, but have the decency to change the title of this stickied post.

More mature esports forums actually ban posters for spoiling matches. I don’t think that’s necessary; I’m just asking to be more respectful to others.

Does anybody know if the OWL Finals sprays can be gotten using Reruns on Twitch? I got one out of four, but I didn’t find out about them fast enough so I don’t know if I can get the other three.

Thanks!

I’m STILL waiting for today’s 2nd spray. I’ve been watching since the pre-show. That was over 4 hours ago.

I just got my second spray for the day watching partially rerun. I definitely didn’t get all the three hours in the games themselves.

So, if you’re worried, go back to OW league and watch rerun and you’ll get it. Provided your settings are alright, I mean.

1 Like

Thank you for the confirmation.

Sure thing, anytime!

Is there any way to get yesterday’s sprays? Or is that yesterday-only regardelss of the reruns?

I simply do not have an answer at this time. My guess if there are second chances it will be during the re-runs of the first match.