Phased out is bugged

Basically being phased out means you’re unaffected by collisions with teammates, enemies and all damage. However you used to be able still apply other status effects on top of being phased such as being frozen or stunned. For some reason now, when you try to apply another status like freeze over a phase it won’t work. This has completely broken my gamemode. Anyone know any workarounds?

Blizzard pls fix.

Thanks guys

You could try:

Disable Movement Collision With Players(Event Player)

That might work as an alternative to phased.

If you want to ensure they don’t take damage as well, you could also try:

Set Damage Received(Event Player, 0)

Ideally I need bullets and projectiles passing through the player too. So i’m not really sure what I can do :frowning:

This change was quite annoying when it was changed originally, but I have found a way that usually works out, not sure if works for what you’re doing, but this way usually works.

Set Status(All Players(All Teams), Null, Stunned, 9999);
Wait(0.250, Ignore Condition);
Set Status(All Players(All Teams), Null, Phased Out, 9999);

Adding a brief timer before you apply the Phased Out will generally help you apply effects that it now makes you Immune to, and therefore in modes I’ve made, it’ll allow you to apply Knocked Down and Phased Out.

Hope that helps you out.

1 Like

I tried putting a wait command in and that didn’t seem to work last time i tried it. I’ll try again today and see what happens.

Edit:
Ok so after testing heres what I’ve found:

{
Set Status(Event Player, Null, Phased Out, 9999);
Set Status(Event Player, Null, Frozen, 9999);
}

This does nothing. It also doesnt work if you put the freezing first. I tried with being knocked down too and that also doesnt work for me.

edit 2: For some weird reason stun works but frozen doesn’t.

edit 3: The following code works in the skirmish before the game starts but doesnt work when the game is actually begun and you spawn in. Any ideas why?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
rule(“Stun and phase on spawn”)
{
event
{
Ongoing - Global;
}

conditions
	{
		Has Spawned(Players In Slot(0, Team 1)) == True;
	}

actions
	{
		Set Status(Players In Slot(0, Team 1), Null, Stunned, 9999);
		Set Status(Players In Slot(0, Team 1), Null, Phased Out, 9999);
	}
}

Pretty sure this script won’t re-execute if you start the game mode following the “waiting for players” stage, as it has already classified you as already spawned during the stage. I would try running the script with the mode in “begins immediately” (custom game setting) or add a condition such that it will only run when “the game is in progress”.

It’s also possible you may just need to insert a short wait before running the script as sometimes the game considers you invulnerable to various status effects when you spawn in.

1 Like

Thanks for the help :slight_smile: