Pharmercy just ruins this game

Had about a 4 match streak with the same pair playing Pharmercy every round.

It was about the least fun I’ve ever had playing this game. Even when we won - the Pharah was very bad, I was able to snipe the down one match - it was still miserable. You feel so powerless!

This stupid, cheap strategy has to go.

Easy fix - GA doesn’t repop until you touch ground.

13 Likes

Wait till you have to deal with Hanzo

2 Likes

I deal with Hanzo every match. I mean, doesn’t everyone?

I just wish I could guarantee I’d have one on my team.

Had a streak of 12 comp matches with Pharmercy and not in a single one of them i was running DPS because i’m always the one who fills.

Lol, have fun with your teammates trying to play Doomfist and Symmetra into the Pharmercy.

1 Like

If only we had old Bastion to deal with it.

3 Likes

I can’t really see Bastion doing well into a Pharmercy. She’ll just get behind cover and peek-shot you into oblivion.

2 Likes

Pharmercy is a thing? All I see are snipers, Zarya, and Doomfist every map, every day…

5 Likes

Pharmercy would have never been a thing if Mercy’s healing required even the smallest amount of aim.

1 Like

It doesn’t ruin the game for me.

But it’s highly annoying.

On the bright side, it forced me to get good with Widow to deal with her. But the other issue is that there’s practically a Widow in every game so you can’t even focus Pharmercy either most of the time without having to fear the other Widow.

It’s either PharMercy or snipers.

Um, no? That would be horrible. It would ruin Mercy’s overall gameplay and fluidity. The whole point of Mercy is to NOT touch the ground. She has a passive called “Angelic Descent” for a reason.

Easy fix- Counter Pharmercy with Hitscan, or put your full force into the ground teamfights to wipe out the Pharmercy’s team. In short: Get Good.

2 Likes

Hitscan
Target Mercy

1 Like

The problem with hitscan is that the hitscan has to be vastly better than the Pharmercy to win. It’s a terrible, unbalanced counter.

Also, it sucks. Even the round in which I countered them fully with Widow, it wasn’t fun at all.

7 Likes

just played a game with a pharmercy on attacking, and our entire team got completely stomped. even with two hitscans, unless they’re good at what they do, you might as well consider it a loss.

Pharah’s core concept in general is an idea that seems good on paper but terrible in execution. Useless at high ranks, but Good (and OP when combined with Mercy) at low ranks.

I feel like everything about her needs a rework. She definitely feels very lackluster compared to the rest of the roster in terms of gameplay and lore.

1 Like

I wish they would have gone with the original plan of rocket-jumping soldier except with a jetpack, and not flying+rockets.

Ok, then go full out dive and fight their team on the ground 4v6. Pharah’s TTK is still pretty long, even with dmg boost.

My point is, Pharmercy has been in the game since launch. They aren’t going to fundamentally change the way GA works because you’re whining about it.

1 Like

Pharmercy = Pharah +Mercy, right?

Soldier/McCree/Widow + D.Va/Zen/Ana = counter

Don’t expect to kill a synergistic pair with a single hero. And by synergistic I mean the whole (the power of Pharmercy) is greater than the sum of its parts (Pharah, Mercy).

2 Likes

Sombra ruins the game by being trash