Phara crazy DMG

20% attack speed increase=/= “her damage is exactly the same”

She can now 2 shot you before you can react.

1 Like

At point blank only.

Range has literally nothing to do with fire rate, she shots a rocket every .75 seconds now, instead of .9. The splash damage changes cancel each other out, the rocket speed increase is a huge buff.

Last I checked Pharah isnt a sniper. She’s not supposed to be miles away from the battle hiding behind buildings.

And about the knock back it’s all about getting used to the new knock-back distance and predicting shots accordingly.
Once people start doing that along with increased fire rate, she’s going to be even more of a nightmare. Especially if pocketed.
I’ve played in the PTR with some really good Pharah’s that took advantage of this.

This shows some clear lack of understanding of how Projectile based hero’s work.

Range has plenty to do with rate of fire. The rate of fire and travel time directly correlate due to how information is given to the user. If the next rocket is available before the first one hits you have very little information to act on.

Her new RoF does not match the rhythm that her projectile speed sets.

Here is a breakdown.

If you read this and still don’t understand then I can’t help you.

Last I checked she was never able to do this against anyone with a keyboard connected to their pc.

No matter how you slice it. reduced knockback is a reduction in control of the fight and your target. Which in turn means reduced overall reaction window.

Yes, 0.15 s is totally the reaction time of your average OW player. :slight_smile:

“Pharahs fire rate isnt a buff if you are stupid and only fire every 1.5 seconds”

Ok

no it wasn’t it’s about even change from splash to direct. so it’s more of a change than a nerf/buff since one part was increased and another was decreased so while it takes more skill she can deal more damage now if accurate

No, Pharah’s fire rate is only a buff to spammers.

If you are actually smart about your play and choose proper placement over spam you are ALREADY not firing at max fire rate.

Valkia one of the top Pharah players explains this as well. Take a moment and think about how projectiles work and you will realize that increased fire rate is not how to encourage accuracy.

Want Pharah players to be less dependent on splash? I have no qualms with that. However, currently she does not have the tools needed to do so.

Remove the new RoF and replace it with a projectile speed increase. Give us a weapon that CAN be accurate at midrange and we will be happy about it.

We are talking about a weapon with some of the lowest projectile speeds in the game outside of Junkrat and Sym. If you want us to be accurate at mid range its time to let us have a projectile speed to match that goal.

1 Like

I wouldn’t even say that. You could empty her clip in 5.4 sec before, now its. 4.5 sec. So almost a full second faster BUT her aoe dmg has been reduced from 80-65.

So before you could kill a squishy with 3 rockets with aoe alone. Now it takes 4.

Lets say there are 3 targets clustered and you don’t land a single direct shot but somehow you hit them all with slash damage for all 6 shots.

You just did 270 damage less then previous Pharah but at least you saved .9 sec in doing it?

Direct shots are not easy to land and Pharah relies on that AoE dmg.

Edit: Forgot to mention that she can’t Direct Rocket+Splash damage 200 Hp heros anymore. 120+65=185. This means it takes a total of 2.25 sec to land one direct hit and 2 splash dmg shoots to kill a 200 hp hero vs the old 1.8 sec.

Pharah herself is stupid if you shoot too fast. Your second rocket is available before your first even reaches the enemy. That’s bad. Imo tho these are changes, not direct buffs or nerfs. Why some people (rant alert not directed at you) wanna gut a map dependant hero with the most well-known counters in the game is beyond me, but okay. These won’t kill Pharah, but they don’t help her map dependance.

So a single moron whining about a damage buff that didn’t happen is enough to prove all the math to be wrong?

Ok ok I did more math.

So assuming .9 increase in fire rate and 3 targets who will be taking AoE dmg (no direct shots)

Old Pharah is able to completely empty her clip 6 times vs New Pharah’s 7 times.

In this time frame Old Pharah could potentially get 8640 splash damage on those 3 targets alone!

In the exact same time frame New Pharah can only potentially put out 8190 splash damage. AND THIS IS WITH AN EXTRA CLIP OF ROCKETS!

Assuming that this Pharah’s muscle memory somehow was able to adjust after god knows how many hours. It doesn’t matter how many direct rockets you land because the damage is the same in both old and new pharah.

Yes, her potential for burst damage is slightly higher but like Ana, you can’t look at her kit as she will land every single shot because the truth is she won’t and doesn’t. Looking at these changes strickly on paper is the issue here I think.

That makes 0 sense.

I already broke down how the reduced AoE damage turns this into a nerf.

The ONLY way you can do more damage is if you land every single shoot as a direct shoot.

36 shoots Old vs 42 shoots New. That’s a potential of 720 dmg if you assume Pharah is landing every single rocket which she doesn’t. Even the best pharahs in the world can’t do that.

She does the same amount of damage on a direct hit, just less on splash, but with increased firerate it’s more damage if you can hit it.

‘‘She does the same amount of damage on a direct hit,’’

Thats actually false, she does more now with direct hits.

“And yet many people, including Valkia, disagree with you. No half decent pharah will fire rockets at max speed unless they’re burning down a barrier. Simple as that.”

Or on huge fat Roadhogs + Reinhardts etc…

She has a higher fire rate and direct hits do more damage, too. This is a high buff especially when it comes to killing huge tanks where direct hits shouldnt be a problem at all.

No they don’t. Direct hits do the same amount as before.

15 damage was removed from explosion damage. 15 damage was added to impact damage. Direct hit damage = Impact damage + Explosion damage.

The damage was merely redistributed. Direct hits do the same amount. Splash damage does less.

‘‘Impact damage increased from 40 to 55’’

Read the patch notes man…