Phara crazy DMG

Impact damage is the damage from the rocket itself. A direct hit deals Impact + Explosive. Explosive damage was nerfed by 15 damage. Therefore the amount of damage on direct hit is the same as before.

You gotta read ALL the patch notes, man…

you cannot miss the splash damage if you hit a direct shot. direct shots did 120 before they do 120 now.

The only dif is now you only do 65 dmg to sorounding targets rather then 80

1 Like

‘’ we shifted some of the damage from the rocket’s explosion to the direct impact damage. The overall damage potential is now increased when landing direct hits and decreased slightly when only dealing explosive damage’’

and she shoots now 20% faster… so direct hits do more damage and even more dps because it is almost 1/4 faster to shoot

splash damage reduced from 80 to 65, read all of the patch notes. Or rather I guess it’s called “explosion damage” but it’s the same thing.

are you even reading what they said?
‘’ we shifted some of the damage from the rocket’s explosion to the direct impact damage. The overall damage potential is now increased when landing direct hits and decreased slightly when only dealing explosive damage’’

this means: direct hits do more damage, and pharah shoots also 20% faster. this is a drastic damage per second increase if you land direct hits. If you cant aim and shoot on the ground the explosion damage is being reduced… yes…

1 Like

Direct hits DO NOT do more damage. They still do 120. What it’s trying to convey is that if all your shots are direct hits AND you glue your fire button down you will do more damage per second. Unfortunately not even top 500 players have 100% accuracy so the theoretical max damage increase of 17% is actually a maximum of 5% if you play with top 500 accuracy.

Here I broke down the math:

2 Likes

I will quote the patch notes exactly and explain what it says

"Rocket launcher

• attack speed increased
    • lowered recovery time between shots from 0.9 to 0.75 seconds
  • damage redistributed between explosion and impact
    • explosion damage reduced from 80 to 65
    • impact damage increased from 40 to 55"

lowered explosion damage means the center of splash (direct hit) does 65 damage instead of 80. Increased impact damage means on a direct hit, the direct hit damage is applied and that’s 55. 55+65=120. Her overall damage per rocket was not increased, only the attack speed.

her attack speed went up, but not her damage per rocket.

So hold up. You’re telling me that a hero who can do 120 base damage per shot when paired with two damage boosts deals a lot of damage?

Faster direct hits that do more damage doesn’t count as more damage gaiz

New Pharah can fire 7 clips to Old Pharah’s 6.

This means in a perfect world you could do 720 dmg more (in the span of 32.4 sec)
But this means you also lose 150 splash dmg per target! This is really going to Hurt pharah’s a lot because it’s not just about raw numbers. Like I said before combing both direct shot’s and splash damage is harder now, its going to be harder to secure kills without getting direct shots 100% of the time

direct hits don’t do more damage, please read all of the patch notes. the damage from explosion was also reduced so overall damage on a direct hit does not change, only the splash does less.

1 Like

Is that such a bad thing though? (requiring better rocket placement)

Attack speed increased
Lowered recovery time between shots from 0.9 to 0.75 seconds
Damage redistributed between explosion and impact
Explosion damage reduced from 80 to 65
Impact damage increased from 40 to 55
Explosion knock back reduced by 20%
Self-knockback amount increased by 25%

I can read.

Can you?

Her rockets are dirt slow, if you want to promote accuracy then I would argue an increase in projectile speed would be a better route. This means at a certain distance she could be deadly accurate. THEN a nerf in splash damage would make more sense.

Making an already slow hard to hit projectile fire faster is only going to encourage spam for the 99.5% of the community.

If you didn’t know it adds both on a direct hit, impact and explosion. 65+55 (new damage numbers)=120. Damage per hit did not increase. splash around your target was decreased.

Big note I think you’re missing: Tzagaroth keeps saying they increased the damage per rocket as well as speed which is what I’m talking about.

Please not another Hanzo.

But can you understand what your reading? A Direct hit will always include Direct Dmg+Splash thus her damage went from 120 to 120.

At no point does your target take the rocket damage but somehow the splash is negated. They are both applied the second that rocket makes contact. Thus her primary does not do more damage per direct shoot

I know, that’s what I said. I was talking to Tzagaroth who doesn’t seem to understand how both are applied on a hit. Tzagaroth thinks the increase in impact damage increases the damage per rocket because I don’t think they know the reduction in explosion damage also effects direct hit damage.

Well their mistake was also giving him storm bow which has 5 critable projectiles shot faster then his normal fire rate too. His primary is actually ok atm. At least I think so

I don’t believe op. Record yourself and post a video. :wink: