Petra is too big

Or you could make it so that after a certain amount of time, players get like 2 seconds of widow ult so that they can actually get direction on where to go instead of simply letting them wander around longer.

1 Like

Fix Sombra’s bugs please!

#SaveOurSombra

AFK timers just need to be adjusted in general. I got the AFK warning because I went a minute or two where i was missing every shot as Widowmaker. I’m not afk, Overwatch, just bad! Kick people who literally aren’t moving or pressing any buttons.

2 Likes

This can be fixed without having to adjust AFK timings or having to make the map smaller, which would result in countless hours of artists and designers working on the map going to waste.

One of the biggest problems in Comp DM is "Kill Stealing"; one player does 90% of the work, and then another comes along who delivers the final blow, getting full credit for the kill, leaving the first player with a measly assist which does not mean anything.

To solve both the issue of Petra being too big and the one regarding Kill Stealing, I propose that Every 2 assists count as 1 kill ; This will not only make players less frustrated whenever they do not get the final blow because they get something in return for their hard work, but also make matches go quicker.

1 Like

Or instead of increasing the timer, you could reduce the amount of “false afk-ing” by increasing the player count so that everyone could find players to fight on this gigantic map. Whatcha think, Bill?

Problem with this is Winston jumps in against 3 dudes zaps em all for 1 second then jumps away. He gets a kill and half of a kill for doing literally nothing for it.

Moira is another one who would win every game without really having to play very well.

The better idea, and one that I’ve been wondering since Quake 1 is do a score based on damage done. eg. Do 190 Damage to a Reaper but don’t get the kill and then do 10 Damage to Tracer and get a total of 200 points.

The other way is Percentage based eg. Do 90% damage to the Reaper and but don’t get the kill but you get a the credit of 1 Kill and then you do 10% damage to the Tracer and get nothing.

I spose 80 or 90% would be the threshold on this idea.

Downside to this one is players seeing a dude on no HP and just leaving him cause they know it won’t register as a kill.

2 Likes

Just had an AFK warning in the middle of a fight at Chateau Gillard as well

Cool!

I spend so much time looking for enemies to kill, that I am almost kicked multiple times a match!

Although part of this may be because I never engage Bridgettes. No point. Just back away and find another path.

The problem isn’t the afk timer. Just make it a 12 player map. No reason each map couldn’t have it’s own player limit.

1 Like

More climbing routes would help us get to fights faster. Quite a few times I’ve heard enemies above me but I miss them because the nearest jump pad/climbable terrain is too far away.

How about for characters like Rein in any FFADM game? I experience the same thing on other maps, even when I’m shielding damage. The inactivity warning only counts doing damage, and as Rein, shielding for the right moment to strike is key. So if you spawn, look around a bit for someone, finally find them and start shielding waiting for them to reload, all of a sudden the inactivity warning pops up and you gotta decide between taking the no experience hit, or dropping your shield early to do damage and hope it doesn’t get you killed. It’s aggravating.

This is great news. Thanks Bill.

Why can’t you fix the AFK-timer in custom games?
Me and my friends plays some deathmatch FFA in custom games.
And sometimes we do some sneaky stuff to each other, and the afk warning pops up.

So yeah, it would be neat if you could turn it of or something. :confused:

As annoying as the AFK timer is, and manner in which is basically forces errors as you start to rush around trying to find someone, the whole matter of spending ages looking for a fight is a problem in and of itself.

It’s not just ‘unfun’ but especially in the competitive mode, but even in normal mode it actually feels pretty punitive, when you’re looking around for ages and someone else has racked up 4-5 kills in that time.

The map itself is a problem, it’s not just about the timer.

While you are at it saying that you are looking into things, how about telling us that you are actually looking into sombra. We have been posting dozens of videos showing that her hack is extremely bugged since your nerf to her and we haven’t heard a word from you guys.

You do realize the feedback was it’s too big, not to adjust the AFK timers, right?

I get that, that is a quick fix… but come on man.

2 Likes

I’m with you, it’s not the root of the problem, it’s a consequence of the problem.

1 Like

That’s a pretty large over exaggeration there.

Not really, you ever try to stay out of the basement? So many games were a junkrat was killing every one down there. If you try to stay up top you better catch some one as they spawn before they run down.

I’ve never gotten the full penalty on the Chateau, but I have been warned a few times. Especially if you have a few leavers and there are less than 8 players.

I like Petra, there is way more chance of 1v1 than Chateau’s mess and kill steals. Please don’t change Petra.

2 Likes