Petition to make profiles public again

I personally prefer hours too, but nobody ever looks at that. They immediately go for win-rate. Presumably because my accuracy and hours are fine? No idea. “48%? What is dis, Imma throw nao!”

So, you don’t really need it then, it’s just nice to have it if possible. So the abuse and toxicity that players received outweights having them public then.

Maybe the player is better in that hero that you might think. I was wrongfully judged so many times based on the stats that it was eye rolling.

Private is ok, live with that or leave x)

I’ve never witnessed “abuse” in my hundreds of hours and levels into the game.

Except stats don’t really lie.

I think it should be made Public, as well as a required cam so your team mates can see which finger you use to push each button, so they know that you are the reason they are losing.
Also, a diet tracker, cause you’re definitely a game thrower if you aren’t all HYPED UP on Mountain Deeeew!!!

What exactly does pickrate and winrate tell you other than the fact that you spend time on certain heroes and that you lost and won a bunch of games? Career profile statistics do not tell you anything about the players best hero.

I would be fine with them being public again if the standard stats shown in the profile (and mouseover) are winrates, and not time played. Maybe even hiding winrates of heroes you played, eg, less than an hour.

Knowing someone have 30% winrate in their McCree is much more relevant for team building purposes than knowing he have 45 hours on McCree.

Nope. Never going back to the toxic hellhole playing was for me before they went private.

Good thing I can also check your accuracy, average elims, in comparison to your time played.

They mean something, it’s why they exist.

Sorry but, even if they made profiles public again, whats to say that would stop people from playing what they want? You’re going to yell at them if they’re playing poorly with our w/o the public profile, you just want to do it before the match begins.

Players who can’t bother to look at the previous seasons beacuse they are lazy get the wrong idea, and that is besides the fact that they abuse others which means they are toxic in the first place.

Then you are blessed i guess, but for a very significant number of people it happened and it was very real, i was one of them it was almost daily. Blizzard wouldn’t have spent all that time and money into something that wasn’t necessary and very much real.

I don’t really care about other peoples profiles, but my wife checks people win ratios so have an up vote.

I hadn’t noticed how you make the argument in favor of private profiles in your very OP. I wonder if you are actually in favor of private profiles and you are trying to show why we need them, which seems to be the case.

I only think that profiles should have stayed public by DEFAULT. Many people I’ve talked to had never even known their profile changed to private once the update hit!

Blizz should have kept all profiles public by default, and put the option to make it private in the menu. There’d be wayyy less private profiles overall.

Not gonna happen. Player levels is barely reference able to anything outside of the account level. It has zero bearing on skill, much less with what time spent on what characters… and how well someone did for seasons on end…

One thing people forget is Blizzard might be looking ahead to GDPR regulations, which are draconian in nature and essentially say you can’t make much at all public without the consumers consent.

1.) most people’s accuracy is below 50%…

2.) average elims is all too situational. You aren’t gonna determine how good a player is by checking that. Also, who’s to say that they didn’t just finish off low HP players that their team weakened.

3.) They exist for the purpose of getting a brief idea of what you’re team is good with etc. It was not made to misuse by bullying players into certain roles. If you were just trying to find out what you’re team is good at, good for you. If not, thank god private profiles exist then.

How about no. I used to love public profiles, but after being harassed due to Mercy being nerfed and wanting to play other heroes, I set mine to private and playing is much more fun. If you want to know what people play, talk to them. Otherwise, too bad.

3 Likes

Name another competitive game, e-sport game, or sport in general, where the players of teammates and/or opposing teams were not available for all to see.

1 Like

I’m locking this thread, as these are discussion forums, so we ask that you hold discussions. Creating a thread to ask for replies as votes, upvotes, etc. is not a discussion. Please remember Petition Posts do not align with our Forum Guidelines.

Thank you.

9 Likes