Request to make Gabriel Reyes' uprising voice the voice of the Blackwatch Reyes skin

Gabriel Reyes has a waaaay different voice than “Reaper” while Morrison and Amari sound the same in uprising as they do in current cannon time. Can we please have gabriels voice match his Blackwatch skin? Fans have been calling for this for ages. Perhaps as a gift for uprising year 2? Would add incentive to buying the game of the year award version of the game

(ADDED NOTICE: Reaper’s voice is the voice actor’s unfiltered, and Reyes is voiced by the same guy, also unfiltered)

25 Likes

Yes please. His voice in Uprising sounded great.

3 Likes

It does make more sense for it to be that way.

2 Likes

I would love this!

But please be aware:

2 Likes

Ah thanks for the warning, I wasn’t aware of this! This is less of a petition and more of a request so hopefully blizzard will be understanding and not think im attempting to raise votes and start a rebellion haha

1 Like

This isn’t a petition, he isn’t asking for votes as posts, it’s just a request. A request that I agree with.

2 Likes

This would require re-recording every single voiceline. A lot of people seem to think Reaper’s voice is a filter. Believe me, it’s not. Search up the voice actor on YouTube or something.

3 Likes

It was initially formatted as a petition, so I was giving a friendly warning.

If you had taken the time to look, you would see he has since edited the post.
I made my post March 11th, 8:13pm. He edited his post March 11th, 10:19pm

That being said, I agree!
If it was practical in any way, I would love to see this happen!

I agree it would be very cool, and should be possible since I assume they used the voice actor’s actual voice and then added his current Reapy voice effect to it, but it does sound like it would be a huge pain for EVERY voice line that he got, including all his purchaseable ones. I’d love it if it happened though, would probably never unequip the Reyes skin :stuck_out_tongue: Unless they came out with a Malthael skin that would have the Malthael sound effect over his voice.

Frowned upon doesn’t mean he can’t do it though…

It should be done though. It kinda bugs me how the character’s voices stay the same when stuff like that happen.

Did I say he can’t? ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍

Nope, just wanted to point that out.

Fair enough :heart: ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍

I actually agree with Prett, as much as I’d love to have his normal voice for that particular skin, it’s too much work. Voice lines are everywhere in the game, from callouts, ults, events…

2 Likes

Too much time and effort.

Yeah, that is definitely where the main issue in doing something like this stems.

It would mean from this point onward, every voiceline Reaper gets, would have to be recorded two-fold.

This is actually not true. Keith Ferguson is an incredibly talented voice actor, and beyond a bit of digital pizazz, Reaper’s voice is entirely Ferguson’s work.

1 Like

yeah, that voice is pretty darn cool

If he would narrate new event - he would probably will.