Put Reaper's Normal Voice in all Modes (775+ Likes)

« When you try your best but you don’t succeed »

1 Like

Maybe we should take it to Reddit. Someone probably already has at some point, but maybe we should revive it there. The staff seems more active on there than here at times.

I just wish we knew if Blizz is working on it or not. Maybe it’ll be added next Archives, that would be better than nothing, but why wait that long? Perhaps they’re busy with other things, but it seems like they could take the time to add a thing so small-but-awesome as this. I don’t know how easy it is, but since so many of his lines were added in Retribution it seems at least not that hard. There’s the client-side thing for the problem of people not recognizing it, so Blizz can’t be hung up on that.

I can’t see any reason they’re not adding it other than they

• ran into a bug/problem (in this case, tell us people begging for it that’s it’ll come eventually/give us an update)
  • haven’t gotten around to it (could be a thing)
  • don’t care and never will add it (hopefully not this one…)
  • (super speculation/hopeful/dreaming one) are recording interactions of Reyes with other heroes, maybe with the younger skins of Jack, Ana, Rein, Torb, and Tracer. Also maybe they’re making a ‘young voice update.’

That last one isn’t very likely, but one can dream…

Jeff pls ;-; I feel weird begging for a thing so small, but it would be a great extra. It should’ve been added already, it seems a given, another reason I feel weird begging for it. Reaper/Gabriel is one of my favorite characters and I love playing him. This would make his two Reyes skins a lot more, I don’t know, believable? can’t think of the word… Realistic? That’s probably the word I’m looking for.

I dont have a reddit account but, if anyone would like to shift this over to reddit, feel free :slight_smile:

Revival from the thread grave

1 Like

I have a Reddit account but I’m afraid I wouldn’t do it right… :stuck_out_tongue: I’m fairly new there. Anyone want to try getting it noticed there? If that fails then… rip Reyes’ beautiful voice til Blizz digs it up and is like “OH SNAP WHY DIDN’T WE EVER ADD THIS?!”

They seriously could not have asked any more nice.

Well that’s a thing… Uh, I guess we could change the name from petition then? OP isn’t asking for replies as votes though, they’re implying the likes to be votes. But perhaps that’s the same.

This is mainly a feature request, maybe this isn’t the place for it, I don’t know. I’m not on the forums often. I just really want his voice to be added. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

Welp, rip this.

For now.

I just don’t get it why they didn’t put this since the start of Retribution event when they pretty much recorded all the quotes with Gabriel’s normal voice again.

1 Like

I cant even be bothered using either of those skins when he’s still using his Reaper voice it sounds so annoying. Maybe one day when they actually get around to doing this. I mean all that time and money for a one time event? Really? Ok.

1 Like

Yep. I love his Blackwatch and Soldier: 24 skins, but the gravelly edge-voice just doesn’t match…

Also, sorta off-topic (just wanted to mention this somewhere), but Soldier: 76 still says “Soldier: 76, reporting for duty” when using the Strike Commander skin. It seems like he should say “Commander Morrison, reporting for duty,” or something like that. I mean he has the setup voice line addition to that skin, “It’s my privilege to lead you into battle.”

Just something I noticed.

The only problem I can see with this is enemies hearing Reaper and thinking he is another character. But they could easily make it so that Enemies still hear reapers default edgy voice, whereas to you and your allies, Reapers voice would sound the way it does in Retribution.

1 Like

Yep. Making it client-side would be best. Maybe make an option players can change themselves if they want to hear the Reyes voice from other players with his unmasked skins (for ones who are used to it and know it’s Reaper).

I added a video :sunglasses:.

Everybody. We cant stop. If we continue to make our voices heard, Blizzard will listen. Let’s do this!

2 Likes

I’ll keep posting here every once in a while. :slight_smile:

We will not be silenced, Blizzard. :smiling_imp:

Nice work, I’m putting a thumbs up to keep it going !

Boop.

Every time the PTR has a large update I cross my fingers and hope it’s his voice files. ;-;

Of course it secretly could be… :smirk:

1 Like

I hope this isn’t too soon to post again, just wanted to say vvv

Guys guys guys, on PTR, voice lines are broken. :smirk: They won’t play in-game or in the Hero Gallery (at least not for my sis and I). Also, Athena saying the map name isn’t there.

Could be nothing, just a random bug. But I hope it’s because they’re messing with Reaper’s voice files…

1 Like

One could hope :slight_smile:

20 Chars Lul

1 Like

Oi, guys I have an idea. Whenever Overwatch tweets something maybe we could comment asking about Reaper’s Reyes voice.

We want to know something, whether they say yes, no, or maybe.

I commented/replied here (if it’s ok to put a link): https://twitter.com/aeserica/status/1021934886393925632

Sorta late and probs won’t be noticed, but I wanted to try!