Petition For Unlimited Avoid Player Slots

I almost never get matched against the players I avoid. Taking one player off to add another just puts you in a group with the person you took off. That is a common problem for active players. I’ll often play 5 or 6 games a night and I always run into people who won’t swap, or they scream into the mic and jump off the map all the time or maybe they’re a good player but they are constantly talking about their medals and how they believe everyone else is really bad and insult you and or your team. I understand where you’re coming from, but I have a good memory and I often see the names of people I know I have avoided but have no space to avoid because I’ve just avoided someone from a previous match who was screaming the n word in voice chat.

I think unlimited is ok if they only last a week, and you have to play with the person again to renew them. You’d have to avoid nearly everyone you played with to create a problem and it would almost exclusively be a problem for you.

Everybody knows the opinion of people who are for it, and the opinion of people who are against it. This isn’t a new subject.

Unlimited avoid slots will increase waiting time for everyone by 100% or more. Nothing like waiting three hours for a match because the system can’t find players that aren’t avoiding each other; especially if they’re in groups.

1 Like

I think its more of an ongoing strike by the players of overwatch because of the poor game management that is causing the toxicity… if you dont know, then you wear rose tinted glasses. Until this game lays down some affirmative opinions then everyone is going to feel as if they are correct about whatever opinion they have because even some of the best players have no idea whats going on other than goats… never needed any social management in games of past until league of legends comes around and guess what they use a similiar chaotic balancing system and matchmaking system.

1 Like

An increase would be nice, but the limit is actually very important. I know this community, you know this community. If avoids were unlimited everyone would avoid a couple people each and every game because they perceive them to be the weak link. I have absolutely no doubt this would happen and it would absolutely cripple the game.

1 Like

Agree, im tired of getting jerks trolls and levels not even 1/3 mine in my ques like ruins the games as well as smirfs.

its a game not a debate.

1 Like

Unlimited slots is fine with me because it will reduce the toxic players I have to play with, but then it will show how badly this game is seeing how the playerbase keeps declining. As much I want this game to do better. It’s better for it to rot so they will finally understand their methods were trash to begin with. Youtubers, Streamers and the community been providing feedback to them, but they want to do their own agenda. Either they step up to the plate and do it or just hide behind their investor listening to their cosmetic transaction speeches.

1 Like

About a dozen would do I think.

I’ll take unlimited avoid player slots and unlimited time they’re avoided too

Add that with instalock role que and I’m good

No.

It was removed because they found that some of the highest ranked players had unfairly long que times

For instance, I can recall Jeff talking about the best ranked Widow basically couldn’t find matches anymore due to the small player pool way up there, literally almost everyone had used the “Avoid Player” feature resulting in the player essentially unable to play the game

Plus the players base is too small for that now, and could potentially be used to try and rabbit hole yourself into higer ranks by methodically avoiding players that are obviously more skilled than others in a given league

“Democracy only works if you agree with me.”

2 Likes

I already explained how petitions work in this thread. Scroll up.

It’s a discussion forum, not a petition site

we get it, you’re angry that there isn’t a thread made specifically to agree with you and you don’t understand petitions. you’ve made enough posts to make that clear

As a few have noted, petition threads are generally frowned upon. Constructive feedback and suggestions are welcome in the form of discussions.

Thanks all.

2 Likes