Petition for a Blizzcon Sombra skin

I did not buy a Blizzcon ticket last year and do not have the Sombra Demon Hunter skin, so am glad it is being released publicly for people like me.

However many people did buy Blizzcon 2018 tickets especially for that skin which was marketed as exclusive to them and this decision feels very unfair to those ticket holders.

As a result I feel it is only fair for a Blizzcon 2018 Sombra skin, in the style of the Bastion and Winston skins, to be made and released exclusively to those who purchased the 2018 Blizzcon ticket and the Demon Hunter skin.

12 Likes

how do the boots of your masters taste?

15 Likes

This was never the case.

It was “explicitly” stated from the beginning before the skin was released that it would eventually be released to everyone.

58 Likes

Incorrect it was made clear it would be made available again at another point from the start

19 Likes

It’s topics like this that really make me regret not being forum level 3.

1 Like

Except it wasn’t.

9 Likes

While yes they technically said it was never exclusive they quietly said that once in a small announcement early on. They did not mention it in the big announcements people actually saw, nor was it on the page where you actually went to buy the ticket and all the major marketing implied it was exclusive.

They did everything they could to hide the fact that it would be realised to all later and that feels cheap to me. I remember multiple conversations with people about possibly buying the ticket and not one person seemed aware that the skin was not in fact and exclusive, and most seemed to be buying the ticket for the skin.

I admit Blizzard are covered here and the skin was never technically an exclusive. Their actions however feel a bit sneaky and dishonest to me as they tried to push ticket sales and I think releasing a actual exclusive skin would be a nice gesture even though they aren’t in any way obligated to.

3 Likes

Part of me wishes they had kept the Demon Hunter Sombra as an exclusive for Blizzcon, but later on released a recolor (Similar to Nova/Kerrigan).

When I purchased the ticket, it definitely let me know that DH Sombra would be available in 2019. I was hoping maybe a little later than now, but after the nightmare of Diablo Mobile, I don’t even want to use the skin L O L.

The real punch in the face was the 10$ upcharge.

5 Likes

Blizzard would never pull this in Warcraft, Diablo, or Hearthstone with Blizzcon items. Only reason they did it here is because they can’t monetize this game enough to give it any exclusivity anymore.

1 Like

If you go to read the old news, you can see this:

Https://www.google.com/amp/s/dotesports.com/overwatch/news/demon-hunter-sombra-will-reportedly-be-available-in-2019-without-a-blizzcon-ticket/amp

If you buy it only for sombra skin, it’s a your choice to have that skin so fast. There was a lot of news pages then say it.

People overlooking information is not the same as an item being sold under false pretenses. Not by a long shot, and it does not entitle you to anything else. They also responded to forum posts informing people that it would not be an exclusive item.

Now since you say

if you can show the advertising that says this it’d be a different story. But since that never happened, well ¯_(ツ)_/¯

11 Likes

Why would you need to make a petition for Sombra’s skin? The real problem is people are seeing Sombra’s skin being added to the game for 1000 coins now they want the Blizzcon exclusive skins.

Unfortunately it wasn’t marketed as exclusive because of a convenient asterisk on their page that pointed us to some fine print at the very bottom about it being released at a later date to the general public. (Which I was made aware of today, in 2019 :face_with_raised_eyebrow:)

Equally unfortunate is the fact some of us failed to read that & purchased the ticket under some assumptions about the exclusivity of D.H.

But I wouldn’t say no to a blue BlizzCon 2018 Sombra skin just so that it doesn’t feel like I wasted money. Either that or make the BC Bastion & Winston skins available again for a limited time :man_shrugging:t2::pray:t3:

Where do I sign? Lol.

Okay just as one case from a quick google here is official Blizzard web page which announces the skin for Blizzcon 2018.

While it does not say the skin is exclusive it also doesn’t say it is not. What it does is say here is a new skin available to Blizzcon ticket holders with lines like 'we have a special gift for every BlizzCon ticket and Virtual Ticket holder’. That may not outright say its exclusive but it does everything short of that.

Pages like this should say things like early access, get it first or *This product is not exclusive to Blizzcon ticket holders and not having these makes the skin seem exclusive and that is misleading. There is no small print here people forgot to read, it is unfair to say people are ‘overlooking information’ if the information is not sufficiently publicised.

https://blizzcon.com/en-us/news/22484224/strike-from-the-shadows-as-demon-hunter-sombra

1 Like

It wasnt. It said BONUSES IF YOU BUY THE TICKET
Even jeff kaplan said that the bonus is this stuff. The sombra skin is bonus you get to have it earlier than everyone basically. I am pretty sure that he also said the bastion and winston skin are not bonuses they are exclusive skins

1 Like

What do you want me to post i can post it for ya.

1 Like

That wasn’t my question. Where does it say “Exclusive to BlizzCon 2018 virtual ticket holders”? If it doesn’t say that, it was not advertised as an exclusive item. You can make an assumption all you’d like, but false advertised is not founded of the incorrect assumption of a consumer. It’s the same reason I don’t honor Karen’s expired coupon just because she assumed we’d still take it just because the expiration date is in small print at the corner of the paper.

They did do that. You’ll notice the page you linked does not contain a link to go to the actual purchase page. On the page that has that link, it says exactly that.

https://blizzcon.com/en-us/news/22484225

6 Likes

It was stated in a developer update that it is not exclusive and would released at another point of time. The only bonus you got was getting it earlier tha everybody else

11 Likes

h ttps://i.imgur.com/3xK7uVt.jpg

This one!

Even if they didnt say it so everyone would hear, anyone with eyes should notice that sombra skin was not “blizzcon” style skin. It was just diablo theme, propably so they dont had to make new skin they use one they were making before :man_shrugging: