Petition - Dont Release Hammond

And you saying it isn’t is not true no matter how many times you repeat it.

Right!! :joy::joy::joy:

The rest of the replies from here on out should just be laughter.

No. He has no head hitbox in ball form.

Counter Petition: Release Hammond ASAP so Overwatch will finally be worth playing for me

2 Likes

And when can we have that Hammond plushie, please?

1 Like

Finally some Overwatch merch worth buying

Very easy to explain Hammond in Overwatch, the lunar colony scientist started their research on primates and with the success (prolly quick success since primates are very close to humans) a small group decided to try it on sometjing far removed from humans, that side project was hammond

Friendly remind that winston is a space monkey with a cattle prod, Rein is a paladin in 2070, South Korea decided RTS players were the best people to pilot mechs in this universe, and Overwatch australian outback is just straight up Mad Max.

or u could just uninstall and find a new game to play and let us people who enjoy the way developers handle new heroes to simply play it as is.

Only if he comes back with terry crews as his voice actor, im still salty about the missed potential

Citing lack of realism towards Hammond in a game like Overwatch screams hypocrisy, but whatever. :roll_eyes:

Can’t believe how asinine these forums are.

I recommend you give this thread a read. These are all my points on why Hammond fits.

Such a considerable part of the community hates him because he’s a big let down compared to the other releases. More or less everybody expected him to be a smaller monkey that was an evil counterpart to Winston with a more aggressive kit. That’s something the playerbase can hype for as it would be rich lorewise too. There’s just absolutely no hype for a hamster especially one that just rolls in a metal ball and swings around. It’s new but… that’s it. A new intelligent hamster. Even the kit resembles a cheap mobile maintank version of D.va that’s put together from the scraps of the old spider tank and red armor concepts.

Now let’s look at the other released heroes: Sombra and DF were highly anticipated and their personalities were exactly what the playerbase wanted and the character design was top notch even if people don’t enjoy playing them. Sombra had easter eggs all over the place and DF was sort of featured in the first short film. Brigitte Lindholm was instantly everyone’s bae and Ana was hyped as a support sniper. They all had something that the playerbase universally liked. A mundane hamster is… just dissapointing to the playerbase when compared to what we’ve already seen.

1 Like

On the topic of lore, he really adds nothing to the story. His entire story is that he just barely matched winston for intelligence, and snuck along with his escape. He is meant to be at least half a junker yet that personality is not seen.
Brigitte, sombra and DF all added something to the story. Brigitte helped show the dynamic of Rein and a little of Torb’s personalities, as well as showing the kind of growth of a child during the days of Overwatch (something pharah really should have been). DF and Sombra also allowed Blizzard to develop the story of Talon, instead of just making talon a reaper edge club.
In the end, hammond has a weak hero kit with little to no lore. He will quickly be shown to be weak in the meta against hanzo and Zarya as well.

Hopefully he will be renamed from wrecking ball as well. I don’t know who ok’d that name but by that logic just call winston space monkey and hanzo japanese man

Petition are against the forum rules.

I like these people who are like “everybody added something to Overwatch’s lore except Hammond, everybody was hype before hero release except for Hammond…”

… meanwhile, Orisa sits in the corner, crying oil, because she has the least lore and is the least interesting character in the whole cast.

AND Hammond has more interesting gameplay?

Holy Hell, Orisa got dumped on.

I’m just going to go ahead and flag yet another petition post.

you must be fun at parties