Change what private profiles show?

Soooo since everyone’s profile has been set to private by default its become an annoyance. Usually when you see someone cheating, you can tell by how they move or aim, but really that’s only when the cheats aren’t that good. So when someone is doing well, like really really really well and I can’t tell if they’re just that good or if they’re using cheats. I’ll check the amount of hours they have on the hero and how many comp games they’ve had this season just to see if it’s worth the report. For example, if someone is getting mostly headshots on widow in qp but has less than two hours on her total and hasn’t played comp this season it’s probably worth the report (I know smurfs exist, hours played don’t equal skill, and not everyone plays comp). But now its not really possible to check that. I was hoping we could get it so private profiles show hours played on heroes, at the very least. This just allows us to make more informed choices instead of just bombarding blizzard with cheating reports when someone is better than you. What do you think?

I recommend editing your title to remove the word “Petition”. The Blizzard forums are intended to have discussions and threads that only intend to incite likes, “signatures”, or votes are subjected to being locked.

In regards to your concerns about reporting cheaters when you are unsure, my advice is report them. Blizzard does take cheating very seriously and will take the time to investigate reports of cheating, however know that you are not going to get into trouble for reporting a player for cheating and be wrong. I have done this many times in my early days of playing and never had any form of retaliation action against me.

1 Like

Didn’t know about the petition thing, thanks I changed it so it’s slightly more discussion conducive. I feel like reporting every single player I think might be cheating is a massive waste of time. If they seriously look into all reports they would need to have a massive team and I’d rather not waste their time if it I can avoid it by taking five seconds to look at a profile and see hours played on a hero.