Game 1: as Moira.
gold elims 21
gold healing 19K
very close game
lost 21 SR

Game 2
as Moira
only managed 2K healing
other team had a leaver after the couldnt cap 1st on Hollywood.

gained 27 SR for winning.

it seems to imply the game thinks I played better on my 2nd game even tho I had much less healing and elims. As a support I think 19k healing is pretty decent and 4K is just not enough.

Can anyone explain this to me? We are being told SR is personal stats along side your W/L I’ve heard of people gaining very little SR for wins and losing very little SR for losses but I always seem to hover in the 20s for gained and lost not matter if I am playing amazing or having a bad day.

Also IF (big IF there) amount of healing is a factor to my performance, does that not counter badly against a Tank’s amount of damaged shielded. Its easy for me to gets lots of healing when a Rien is playing bad, and harder for me to heal when no one is taking damage. Also if the enemy team is awful I am going to be healing less.

How on earth are they calculating SR and stats for Moira.

After countless hours in comp as a healer one trick, recording & reviewing vods, tracking stats with pursuitGG and Overbuff, experimenting on my alt account where I flex healers, I think I’ve figured it out…

¯\(ツ)
It’s random. PBSR for healers is random.

1 Like

I think the sr system needs to be changed on this aspect because you can do so good in a game and lose sr for losing while if you do bad in a game and win you gain sr for simply winning. It should be focused more so on individual skill more so than wins and losses

1 Like

gold medals are measured relative to your team and have nothing to do with your actual skill or performance in comparison to others at your rank (which is the relevant thing for performance based SR)

and above 3k SR it isn’t even relevant at all, then only your SR and the enemy team SR (and the calculated chance to win) is important for your gains/losses

2 Likes

Performance based SR is only a very small component actually, it’s only a matter of a couple sr points. The difference between your teams average SR and the other teams average SR is what determines the brunt of your gain/loss. If your team has a much higher average (100+sr) you’ll lose significantly more and gain significantly less and the opposite for if your team had a much lower average.

For your first game your average was likely a fair bit higher and your second game a fair bit lower so even with poor stats and an enemy leaver it thought it was a well deserved win.

I don’t believe leavers affect SR in any way btw.

That’s literally the opposite of how it is in high tiers. The win is what matters not stats. It encourages people to swap for the team not not just pick their best DPS despite there already being 3 others instalocked

Went from bronze to silver last night, I am leaning towards not dying and capping fast give you the most SR. My healing amount seemed to not matter.

Personal stats are only counted Plat and below. Keep in mind that its comparing you to others. So if you are a Moira player its comparing your stats to the average Moira players around your rank. So, if your stats are lower than the average it will reflect in your performance loss in SR and vice versa.

It’s why if you play heroes that are not picked often your SR can rises faster.

I don’t believe that any more. After this season I just don’t buy that, I know that’s the official answer. But it’s not consistent with the data I am seeing, at least beyond death count and cap time.

A neutral win/loss is +/- 24 SR. So on your loss, you gained 3 SR, on an your win, you also gained 3 SR. It may be due to performance, but there are other factors as well. See How Competitive Skill Rating Works (Season 12). These other factors make it difficult to explain with certainty each SR lost and gained.

It’s there. It’s just not as huge as people think. Winning has always been more important.

You can lose 4 SR with a loss, happened last night. Does have to be 24+- base

I dont comprehend the mathematical equation that is used therefore its randomÉ

Pretty sure they’re using some form of a convolutional neural net (deep learning) since the technology is freely available and open source… which if they are, literally no human can explain what exactly it does and how it finds the patterns it does and yet ends up with blazingly accurate results…

Promise you blizz hires ML engineers skilled with designing and configuring neural nets as this game is a perfectly good big-data opportunity to do so. Bet you Blizz can’t even explain its SR algorithm end-to-end lol, which is probably why they don’t.

personal stats take into account bottom right…not the things you are listing. if those have an effect, they are minor. hit tab look bottom right…that’s what you have to succeed at

MMR and the relative skill of your teammates. If you’re on a team where you’re SUPPOSED to carry (e.g. everyone on the team is 2700 and you’re 2900) you may get less SR than if you were the 2700 player on a team of 2900 players.

This!!!
It may just be circumstantial evidence, but time and time again the games I get the most SR for when I’m sub-diamond are games where I die very little, even if my other stats are mediocre.

I think perhaps the average stats for death are quite high, so the game thinks you’re doing very well if you have low deaths so you get a decent boost to your PBSR.