Permant Avoid As Teammate, And Unlimited Cap Please

the only thing I want is avoid slots being buffed from 3 to 6.

1 Like

You make Discord Nitro sound like it’s worth buying

1 Like

Permanent avoids is a fine idea, but they would still need to be limited in number.

Not sure what it’s like in your region, but at peak times in mine it’s not uncommon to see one or two names over a few consecutive matches and over the days. There really just isn’t that many people playing anymore it seems.

4 Likes

You wanna buy some Nitro for cheap? :slight_smile:

Yeah I constantly see some of the same people over and over. I admit it’s not overly common, but it has happened more often than one would imagine.

2 Likes

I typically connect to US-Central. There isn’t a whole lot you can do in other regions except connect to different servers if you’re getting the same people all the time.

I’ve seen one player multiple times over a week not so long ago, I only recognise them because their name is funny but still, the player base became small enough for everyone to frequently encounter the same people in their games.

Does blocking them externally, like via xbox, prohibit them playing with you or can it only be done in game? I normally block them via xbox as a precaution but i don’t know if that helps.

How? It’s not abusable if it only effects the people put on your team.

The xbox blocking system does not block people from your matchmaking list. You’d need to use the in-game tools.

1 Like

When you avoid someone, you’re not only making sure they don’t play with you, but also anyone you might be teamed with. The more people each of us can avoid, the harder it is for the MM to build teams.

Edit: oops, that wasn’t what you were asking. Whatever, someone had to say it at some point.

3 Likes

You are not getting it.
It means the MM will take longer to create matches because the possible permutations. if someone is on an avoid list of 2 dudes that are also avoiding each other, then the third needs to be moved on a different possible match.

You are basically asking for players to be able to mess the MM variables and processing time at will so no, its not happening.

2 Likes

Exactly, you just block everyone but the players who can hard carry you

Yes, you’ll find games slower, but you’re more likely to be carried up the ladder this way.
Removing the cap on avoids makes this possible and removing the time limit makes it easier to do since you don’t need to re-avoid people.

Good. Then perhaps the guy who is getting avoided by everyone will stop playing, or at the very least learn to play like a real team player and stop one tricking. Win/win/win for everyone. Except I guess for the poor souls that end up getting him on their team for his next game.

I suppose you are right though, that perhaps “permanent avoid” is excessive. People should get the chance to learn.

I just find it really bad that one player is allowed to ruin the experience so consistently for the rest of the team and not be punished for it.

The people who leave or AFK in comp games. The one tricks who are feeding and refusing to swap when they are being hard countered. Etc.

This is ridiculous and is near impossible to actually do. First of all a persons perception on which people can hard carry them is never going to be accurate. People avoid good players all the time cause they falsely perceive them as bad. Like for example I was heavily reported and avoided climbing as support one tricking zen because “nO hEaLs” now I’m almost diamond support. People they perceive as good cause they do good one match may end up losing the next game and they avoid them. People who are actually good climb the ladder quickly and are going to leave this person trying to abuse the avoid system to climb in the dust with their hour long queue times.

With that said, I understand how unlimited avoid could cause problems, but I don’t think there’s any harm in increasing the number a bit.

Permanent avoid, nah. By the time someone gets removed from that list, I don’t even remember who it was. But higher number on the list, very much so. Three does close to nothing, you can at least make it nine.

It will never prevent that.

Is there, though? Cause three is way too small of a number.

Everyone would abuse it. It would be that powerful.

1 Like

I assume you wanna see the world burn then.

Even though it won’t improve much, and it is still abusing the system. Its basically artificial matchmaking.

Avoiding someone you dislike does not mean they are not a team player, or toxic for that matter.

You can permanently avoid someone, if you check your Social every time you log in then if someone falls off your block list you can find them at the end of your “recently played with” list and block them again. I’ve had the same repulsive individual blocked for the last 6 weeks.

It’s no wonder you seem to hate everyone you play with…

But it won’t. YOU are the few, and they’re not going to sacrifice the experience of other players just because after every game you despise more than 3 people.