Permanent Winston Bubble

I tried looking through older posts and searching for it, but is there any way to make Winston’s bubble last forever, or until it’s broken? Or at least the illusion of it?

As we can’t modify ability duration, the closest you could do would be having a Winston Dummy Bot for either team, and save the Winston Players position at the moment he’s pressing his Ability 2 Key.

The problem would then be that if the Bubble had been damaged the new bubble would be at full health again, and we can’t move / destroy it (Unless you remove the dummy bot).

So you’d need to use Ray Casts to check if they hit the Barrier and keep track of the Event Damage, to remove the Barrier accordingly.

I don’t know if the “Player Dealt Damage” event triggers upon hitting barriers, if not that’s a lot of work.

2 Likes

Unfortunately it won’t trigger since the damage event considers a Player’s HP only, Shield HP will be ignored, and Winston’s Bubble is a deployable object which data we have no access to makes it even harder. The only way is to presistently check if the Block Damage stat changes and compare it with itself or with a variable where each time the previous Block Damage stat is stored with the current value. I hope in the future we will be granted with features or tools to handle such things more easier.

3 Likes