Perhaps a paid tier would do it?

Here’s an idea. A PAID tier where you have to pay REAL MONEY, like at least $100 to be able to connect to the ranked server each season. Smurf problem virtually eliminated, just like in professional poker.

3 Likes

Good luck with your 2 week queue times

110 Likes

I think that’s the worst idea I’ve ever seen on the forums

congrats, thats difficult to do

63 Likes

I’ll take two weeks if it means I get a fair match.

4 Likes

Oh you definitely won’t get that, fair matches rely upon a large and diverse pool of players in the queue that MM can pick from. The less players there are, the more MM is gonna compromise.

44 Likes

Non-smurfs also virtually eliminated

50 Likes

Sorry to be captain obvious here but, the problem is no one will ever pay extra money to play competitive when they’ve already bought the game.

13 Likes

Not true. TONS of people want a fair game.

2 Likes

So if I have main account and smurf account already what’s stopping me for paying for the smurf one only and ruining your game?

12 Likes

lol what? EVERYONE wants a fair game. No one is willing to pay extra for it, as in more than they already have.

9 Likes

$100 a season LOL. You’re only get about 10-20 person that willing to pay.

16 Likes

This makes me think of a voice line… um… OH yes,… This one!
Were you done talking? --Sombra

…And NO. I and

wouldn’t play comp if I and

had to pay for it.

4 Likes

Are we pretending like anyone in the lower ranks would pay? I’m genuinely doubting that anyone in bronze or silver would even bother to pay to play

4 Likes

$100?

Wow hot damn only if it’s like a 2 year battle pass.

12 Likes

And this is how you effectively kill the competitive scene all together. No more people getting noticed in ranked for a spot on pro teams because nobody will be playing it to begin with.

4 Likes

If I had to pay 100 dollars each season to be able to play ranked. I’d be quitting this game entirely and finding something less greedy. I got the game from a friend, and only even accepted it because it was a one payment for the game forever. If they started demanding more money, I’d find something else to do. For 50 dollars a month, I’m sure I could find something better to do.

Don’t get discouraged by people’s cynicism.

1 Like

It’s a terrible plan. Here’s how that would go.
New rule, 50 dollars a month for comp.

smurf: I’ll boost you for free. just get me a low rank account to troll stomp in.

3 Likes

from a technical standpoint, it isn’t difficult.

from a ‘get your audience to pay for a service that was previously free’ standpoint, it is incredibly difficult.

something else needs to go into a paid tier, other than just smurf protection. because I don’t give a buck if a smurf was in my games. honestly, smurfs makes me a better player. I learn a trick sometimes watching other player’s pov in replays.

That’s what DPS players used to say during the three years when they campaigned for Role Queue.

1 Like