Performance Issues

So I have a decent computer with a 1060 card, I normally run overwatch with all settings set to the lowest possible amount, with the exception of render distance which I keep at normal. I’ve not had any issues at keeping the game above 75 fps before now.

The past few weeks, my performance has steadily been dropping for seemingly no reason whatsoever. My computer is completely fine running other games, but ow started dropping frames. At first it was just dipping to 60-65 and only during large teamfights, so I didn’t think much of it. But over the course of the past few weeks, it’s gotten worse and worse, to the point where it’s dropping below 30 even during periods of relative inactivity.

I’ve tried repairing and uninstalling/reinstalling the game, restarting the computer, and various other fixes I found that worked in the past for people with no success. Is anyone else having these problems? I know some youtubers have reported lower fps numbers recently, but my fps is dropping to unplayable levels and it’s not an issue on my end to my knowledge, as I have no issues at all with any other games, even at high settings, but overwatch at minimal settings is dropping below 30.

I realize that the servers are a bit unstable at the moment, but it’s not just due to that, I’ve had these problems before today with all the mess that the servers have created.

The tips in this thread can generally help increase performance: GUIDE: Maximizing System Performance for Overwatch (PC)

If they don’t, you may want to look into it being a hardware issue. Sometimes you can spot errors in the Windows Event Viewer under system logs. If not, you can post a dxdiag and we can look at it for you.