Performance Issues Lately

For the past 1-2 weeks my framerate has been much lower than normal (and I’ve seen 2 other people with this exact same issue). I also get micro-stutters and very rarely my ping will randomly spike super high. I’ve tried reinstalling the game, rolling back NVIDIA drivers, changing all my settings in the NVIDIA control panel, etc.
Specs: 9900k, 2080ti and 16gb 3200 ram. Another person said they were having this issue with their 2080 (we also both have g-sync monitors but since I leave g-sync disabled I’m not sure if thats the issue). I play on the lowest settings with 100 percent render. Usually I’d constantly stay at 300fps but lately it seems I’m hovering around 200-280 and sometimes dipping down to 160. Changing my settings doesn’t seem to have a huge effect on the framerate. Please, if you know the fix for this let me know.

1 Like

My steps in my guide here might help you get back up to optimal FPS:

I’m sorry but none of these are really helpful to what I’m talking about. This is a fairly new problem that started for me and several other players around last week. All with the same issues: random ping spikes, lower fps than before and microstutters. Thanks for the help, but I think this is an issue from Overwatch itself.

2 Likes

Can you post one of these please:

DxDiag instructions (click to expand/collapse)
  1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save.

To add it to your reply here:

1. Open the text file and copy all of the text.
  2. Paste the text in your reply.
  3. Highlight the pasted text and click </> on the post editor.

Note: If your DxDiag does not fit in one message, you can break it up into two posts, or (preferably) post it on Pastebin and provide the hash code (the random numbers/letters after the .com) in your reply.

Sure thing, wE2PBTuU

A post was split to a new topic: Abnerd - FPS issues

Been having similar issues lately, but on a more drastic scale. I have a GTX 960 and an i5 7400; not anything crazy, but I could run OW on high settings and still get about 70 fps. A little while ago, my FPS dropped down and stuck around 20 -30 even after restarting the game, coming back a few days later, updating drivers, updating windows, etc. Finally, I reset my computer for other reasons on top of this, and it seemed to do the trick. Only yesterday, when I logged into a game of comp, (no warm up I know) I got slapped with 20 FPS or lower. Completely unplayable and seemingly out of nowhere. Would love to see this issue resolved.

2 Likes

Problem signature:
P1: TwitchUI.exe

Problem signature:
P1: Corsair.Service.exe

The first being the overlay involved with Twitch and the second one is probably the drivers for your Corsair device.

I’m probably missing something but is this whats impacting performance? I closed out of both and still get the drops

Have you checked for overheating?

No overheating. This is a kinda wellspread issue that started effect people 1-2 weeks ago.

1 Like

I recommend opening a ticket, since they can collect other report info that doesn’t belong in a public forum (personal info can sometimes be involved). I’m not familiar with this issue affecting many other players, or at least no particular threads come to mind except the Rendering Device Lost error/thread for RTX cards.

Can you post back the result if you ever figure out the issue? I have an i7-8700k, rtx 2080, and 3200 16gb ram but I’ve been experienced fps drops between 200-280fps during team fights and micro-stutters for a while. My only solution is to limit my fps to 240 so it’s more stable visually. I’d be happy to see if there is any thing I can change to make my fps higher and more stable. Thanks a lot!

Multiple people complaining about higher ping in all games. I’m usually at 60 now at 75. Lag, can’t get headshots, practically unplayable. Please reset your servers or something Blizzard. Been happening since last night after maintenance!

The issue being discussed in this topic is not lag, it’s a problem with RTX cards and Overwatch. If you’re having lag issues, I recommend starting a new topic with a WinMTR test. There are currently no reported issues happening according to Blizzard’s official Twitter where they post updates.

I have the same problem with gtx 1050 + fx 6300 OC 4.5ghz. I’m usually at 160 fps+ on low settings. Now at 80-100

Any resolution to this yet? I started experiencing the same issues at the same time you described. 20 hours ago I wrote a post on Reddit but haven’t received any feedback. It’s a microstutter/hitch that is most blatantly noticed when trying to aim and shoot consecutively while strafing in high-intensity battles. I’ve never had to deal with it before. Only thing that could have changed is something on Blizzard’s side.

A post was split to a new topic: 폭힐넣던할배 - Performance issues