Percentage of wins and loss should account for value added to the team

I pulled like 4 different accounts to the same sr now. And it was really fast for me personally on every single account.

You will quickly get to your rank from my experience. More so with PBSR.

Had a look at your overbuff stats for the season and nothing screams that you don’t belong in silver. Even your best character Lucio is very ordinary. Everything is below average except for deaths and beats. I’d also stop playing Ana (below 40% win rate) if you don’t want to fall to bronze.

@faking you describe my lucio as ordinary. said another way, average? average is platinum is it not? this is the middle where the average players are?

i will never claim to be anything other than a mid platinum player. i’m not diamond, masters nor do i have a desire to be.

i’m not silver though.

i went 3-3 averaging less than 5K healing on ana. not because i suck, because in those games there wasn’t an opportunity to heal more. one of two things happened in all 6 of those games.

1. my team was spawn locking the other team
  2. my team was spawn locked

seriously all 6 games i played yesterday where chaotic SNAFUs. 2 of the 3 wins had the opposing team leaving with 1 or two hold outs making my team wait till the timer ran out - what am i healing for 5 minutes while we defend against 1 or 2 support players who refuse to leave? in the losses, i couldn’t heal anything because every opportunity for healing required me to out heal no less than 3 incoming damage sources as my teamates one by one trickle to their instant deaths.

put me on a team with dps and tanks that know how to use cover and my healing output goes through the roof. put me with potatos and i can’t heal them enough.

all the while my ability isn’t changing. what is changing is the morons i’m paired with.

like berkut mentions, how can someone who plays support just inexplicably ‘get worse’? that doesnt occur outside of medical issues. brain damage, nerve damage, etc the body doesn’t ‘just forget’ muscle memory.

i haven’t changed, i used to be ranked much higher. the system has changed significantly, in fact, its not even the same game anymore what with forced 2-2-2.

saying it isn’t possible for a system to create niches that causes some players to fall into an abyss is asinine given all the changes made to the system.

1 Like

Queueing up with random players yields random results. Dont like it? Make a team.

Performance matters as an individual player. If you’re doing more work than the other players, you are going to gain more sr than them if you win, and less sr for each loss.

Does someone really need to explain support to you?

Yes, you’ll do “better” the more damage your team takes.

I don’t know what you want lol. It sounds like you don’t like support. Personally, when I play tank or support I feel like I’m just standing next to DPS and watching them play.

Join the DPS side. There’s never going to be a way to properly rank a tank based on how well he pushes forward for his DPS. Or for healers doing whatever it is they do. Play DPS or giiiittt out.

@veeshkav - if that is the solution the only conclusion then is the system isn’t working.

@cheekyhardt - again, what i’m saying is this isn’t working well or should be weighted more heavily when applying gains/losses. people doing the wrong thing, playing the wrong way, need heavier penalties.

@applesoup - again, if what you’re saying is true then ‘the system’ is only functional for DPS. this thread is full of people claiming “the system just works”. i agree, the system generally works for DPS. when i was DPS, i climbed easily to gold and then switched to DPS/support for the climb to upper platinum. once i swapped to only support, thats when these uncontrollable streaks started. both win streaks and losing streaks i feel like i’m just there with very little influence on the outcome.

i can lay 4 eggs in a row, playing well below my potential, and get 4 wins. the next 4 games i play out of my mind, and get 4 losses. there is zero consistency from game to game.

feels like the way the system is built, it works great for the 10% of players that are just that much better. i’m not one of those. from silver to platinum though, game to game i’ll be up against players that don’t miss playing next to players that can’t hit anything AND have zero game sense.

“the system” is 100% mud in the middle - this is my entire point. we need to drive down a LOT of SRs as the middle, its a total coin toss and nobody is properly placed in the middle and lower brackets.

add in smurfs but more recently the tanking fiasco along side people trying to dive their ranking and you get pure chaos, chaos that can result in players fully capable of playing their role in say platinum falling well below the rank they otherwise should be at.

1 Like

Performance based SR is literally the system in place so the reason you’re not climbing out of Silver is because you’re not outperforming the other people in Silver.

incorrect

unit lost outlines the problem. it takes time to properly rank all the new roles. we currently have a tanking crisis and extreme DPS queues.

let’s say we have 50% of the DPS population a full 500 points higher than they should be. how long will it take to push these players down when you’ve got 20 minute queues?

how long will it take to properly place off role tanks and supports?

while this all shakes out, we’re left with chaos. chaos where a dedicated support player can easily fall into a hole created by this chaos.

to deny this as likely ignores all the massive and significant changes that JUST happened. ignoring glaring evidence like that only to continue to shower worship on “the system” is hilarious.

Speculation is different to evidence and fact.

A fact is ‘the SR system is perfomance based’ a speculation is ‘I’m not doing anything wrong so it HAS to be the system’s fault…’

no

is a statement you cannot verify. Facts are verifiable by 2nd and 3rd parties. Only Blizzard has the facts, you don’t neither do I.

i never claimed to be mistake free. in fact, i offered up a reason why my aim stats were suffereing, moving away from 144hz to 60hz. This has been resolved, and my aim stats are trending back where they used to be.

I make mistakes in games, I’ve said multiple times at best i’m upper platinum. This is admitting to you and everyone else that i feel i’m just above average, this implies the knowledge and admission that i make many mistakes in my gameplay, but i make platinum mistakes.

i make lots of mistakes, partly why i’m playing ana atm as my darts and nades need work, both of which are trending up a lot if you look. further, i’ve acknowledged that the system works better for DPS, as it used to when I played DPS.

what you’re missing is the entire point. The middle ranks right now are awful, exacerbated by role queue and the tanking crisis.

when your tank and dps slots are both pre-tilted, as a dedicated support player you’re now having to support 4 people that are all likely pissed off. dps tanks, because they’re slumming it, and dps mains because they FINALLY got a game that didn’t instantly end and all they want to do is play their favorite hero.

you roll those dice 10 times and right now the probability of 10 losses you can do nothing about as support is higher than it has ever been.

do you get the point now? if not, i’m done with you. clearly all you want to do is sit on your high horse and ignore the evidence that 222 has in the short term, greatly destabilized the experience - especially at lower ranks.

This is true. We’ve begun Overwatch 3 (Overwatch 1 was no limits, Overwatch 2 was single hero limit). There will be a period of instability in the ranking system. I estimate that things will shake out by the beginning of season 19.

Blizzard has the facts, and they have said repeatedly that bonus / penalties for statistical performance are in the game for all players below 3000. Moolikecowzz (post 15) gave the link.

Watching smurf streams verifies this, as they get more SR than you or I when playing in a rank that they don’t belong.

People do get worse though inactivity. It takes a while to shake off the rust when they return.

The whole community gets better with time, so players that don’t actively improve fall behind.

If peoples skills are not suited to a particular meta, they will lose rank.

I don’t know man. My games (low gold these days) have been pretty chill recently. I think you are the one who is pre-tilted. You’re definitely super tilted in this thread.

If that’s the case, play Pharah, WM, Symm, Zarya (with slight modifications that you will have to babysit until you get ~50+ charge), Reaper, Tracer.

If you’re sticking to playing Supports, then try Zen or Ana. You say you play competitive Quake, a twitch shooter with fast decision making and you play…Lucio a burst fire projectile based hero that can bounce off of walls similar to Warsow except the weapon does not favor your skillset. Having an aura up does not equate to you contributing so much to your team.

I am one of those who goes up/down ~20-25 per game. When it’s closer to -30 it’s because I got carried up to 3300+. When it’s +30 it’s because I’m back closer to 2000.

The obsession of thinking about how to gain/lose more doesn’t make you as an individual a better player. Think about your quake days, did you really focus on a rank back then? Probably not, you played with your friends/team together and had a good time.

It is a statement I absolutely can verify. The green reply from the dev LITERALLY explains how it works and it IS performance based.

Just FYI, green / WM is not a Blizzard employee and his posts are not any more official than you or me.

If you frequent Blizzard forums you’ve no doubt seen jade text stamped across threads here and there. Those with the power to wield green words are regular players

Those chosen for the program aren’t official representatives of Blizzard.

because lower SR players lack consistency in their game play. They don’t do the correct impact plays at the correct time to give their team the highest chance to win the team fights that win games.

that’s how better players “carry” over time.
If one watches any of the unranked to GM stuff going on right now, most of all from the support role with like Blinky_plz or ML7 they are not swaggering in and killing everyone every team fight.

They just play fundamentally sound and try to set up the team to win every team fight. Some times it’s works, a lot of the time it fails but sooner or later it tend to crack the other team due to the pressure.

havent taken any time off.

I actually said below average. Objectively look at your stats. You’ve played a lot of games so there is good data there. Pretend they are someone elses. I don’t see how you think you belong higher than you are other than blaming everyone else. Supports do have a big impact and you really need to look within after that many games.

If you want to see how to play support with impact watch blinky_plz on twitch. He tells you why he is doing what he is doing. It is a real eye opener. Highly recommended.

That wasn’t the only possibility that I listed.

If you can’t climb out of silver, then you’re a silver player.