People wanna complain about a hamster but

A fair portion of the heros from launch would likely hit backlash had they been released on their own. Humanity at times has also had a history of enjoying watching violence.

That possibility would also have significant impacts in other areas. If you can elevate a hamster that opens a myriad of possibilities where you might be able to make some common animals rivals to humanity. It’s also a messy ethical situation. Additionally, it makes Harold look bad as an intelligent hamster is far more impressive than an intelligent gorilla and the efforts to make said hamster would likely be a bit iffy.

I am sure this is true for some but, it’s not universally true. Horizon is probably my least favorite part of Overwatch Lore but, the Junkers are a close second.

1 Like

Nah , lord Hamham is cute and sweet when ur like 5 yr old…

I dont care about private profiles, i dont care about endorsements Or lore, etc… so there u go… But that hamster is just too much wii U :wink:

I don’t like the hamster and think the private profiles is a good thing. There.

1 Like

Rodents are disgusting, what can I say?

ye… they wanted a flamethrower hero with a big chest

I just think its stupid. Trust me im not a fan of winston either

4 Likes

It’s hamtaro time!!!

Somvra is the hero we all need, but not the one we deserve.

1 Like

I don’t even want junker queen lol

Like other game for example Watch Dogs 1&2 hacking in the air and on the sight.
I have no idea, if it’s possible. Sombra has a lot of implant stuff in her body.

Winston has brain implant and its only succesful test-object while other all mates in the colony are failures. Btw Gorilla is capable of communication with human, see Coco for example.

Hamster would be good explainable, if it steals the mech and control it … but not super smart engineer more than a NASA engineer. lol

1 Like

Really? Moira has more backstory than Hammond?

She’s a genius, but morally ambiguous, scientist who left Blackwatch and joined both the scientific group that founded Oasis and Talon to pursue her studies without scrutiny.

He’s a genetically enhanced hamster who left Horizon on the tail end of Winston’s escape pod, crash landed in Junkertown, enhanced his pod into a fighting machine, made a name for it by winning literally every possible tournament, then eventually went out on his own adventure.

At best I’d say they’re at the same level, which is why I get so confused why people say “Hammond has 0 lore or backstory!” At least he’s actually connected to someone and didn’t just get a group label thrown on for convenience.

And don’t even get me started on Sym or Pharah, who have simply “was picked up by Vishkar and does stuff for them now” and “wanted to do what her Mom did, so she did it well” as their respective backgrounds.

TL:DR; As far as backstory’s go, Hammond’s really isn’t the least developed when you actually consider the rest.

1 Like

You are free to feel that way, as with many others. Unfortunately however you guys are going to have to deal with it. Hammond is here now, and he’s here to stay, whether you like him or not.

This just made my day as well !

1 Like

Honestly the DVA thing would make more sense to me if she had been a pro FPS gamer or something but she was a pro Starcraft player. That always made me laugh because there’s not a whole lot from a RTS game that would translate to piloting a mech. Then again, Overwatch’s ridiculous characters and scenarios is one of the reasons I love the game so much

The point of my post was to prove you wrong. Which I did.

Don’t forget about the brothers who can summon giant spirit dragons, the time traveling british girl, the dude who died and came back to life as the grim reaper, the woman who can resurrect people from the dead, the dude who can kill people with music, the fully functional robot built by an 11 year old child. and don’t forget about our favorite 61 year old big boy who fights like he just turned 20, Reinhardt.

1 Like

Whatever petty victories help you sleep at night my friend. At the end of the day, there’s nothing you can do about Hammond being in your game. Which was the point of my post. Complaining about the existence of a new hero is a futile cry for attention. The devs couldn’t care less about how much you hate their heroes and, just like endorsements and private profiles, wont remove them because of the small minority that whines about it.

1 Like

People are upset because Blizzard at one point came out and said “jetpack cat is ridiculous and doesn’t fit the game” so people expected a more serious tone, and then they released a hamster. That’s really all there is to it.

3 Likes

They confirmed a while ago this was not true. Everyone assumed it was StarCraft but Blizzard never said that.

I think it was actually more along the lines of “jetpack cat at the moment would be too great of a challenge to implement because of his inevitable small size”.

I could be wrong but i’m too lazy to find source material.