People still play this dead game?

I placed silver and peaked gm. I think the message is “Git gud”. You ever thought ur just not good? Not to be toxic in anyway tho.

2 Likes

Twitch viewers on a brand new game don’t mean a thing. COD blackops4 had 150k viewers when it launched late last year, now it’s hovering around 1k-4k viewers.

4 Likes

This entire post is stupid.

“This game is so dead! Look at me! I’m so cool! I’m playing a game that is being streamed the most! This is trash. That’s trash. Blah blah blah.”

How infantile. Nobody cares.

1 Like

Exactly, and OW has been around for 3 and without OWL and xQc it peaks 30k. Thats crazy.

1 Like

Twitch views dont really mean much, with popular streamers hopping to other games and jumping a game’s views and sinking another. Maybe you viewed the overwatch twitch when it was at one of its lows.

Can I have your account? I want to play in elo hell. :slight_smile:

I have 3 accounts i play on.

One I play with friends, one I play by myself, and one I play with other friends.

The one I play with my 2 friends is the same ELO as the one I play by myself. The one I play with my friends that I feel do worse, is several hundred SR below my other 2.

My main account with silver border goes up and down in SR with 600SR swings depending on when I play (beginning of season, middle, events, end of season, during OWL, etc…). My SR is absolutely not “stuck” in MMR. It def moves, and I can have 200+ SR swings in a single day. My fresh accounts and my main account swing at the exact same SR range. There is no difference.

Last night I had some of the best games I’ve played in a long time. Consistently 4 golds in Diamond, hard carrying games, and still lost. I’ve had the opposite too. Mostly randoms making weird role changes. For example, a Rien who was our main tank, switching to Winston when we were hard pushing the enemy team. We were about to win and he makes this change on Kings Row, and it doesn’t fit any of our comp types. He tried to “hard carry” and basically did nothing. He didn’t need to do any extra, just continue on his role. The enemy team sent us a message after laughing about it, because they knew we were the better team, and his change caused the loss.

My point here is, if I played like I did last night every night, that situation doesn’t happen every game. Over time I’ll move up. Over time, that main tank player might do well too, if it was a different map, he had the right call. A lot of people actually do not understand that they are winning and make changes. I see this all the time. They also don’t understand why they are losing. The lower the rank, the more common this is. If you stick to characters that you are good at, play hard, and let it play out, if you’re actually doing well, you’ll move up.

1 Like

Why attempt to play in a place that doesnt exist?

3 Likes

I played 3 games yesterday. In the first game, we barely lost while the other dps player on the team kept flaming me for being terrible, despite the fact that I had all gold medals. And he kept complaining that he was hard carrying the team, as evidenced by the fact that whenever he died, the rest of the team would end up dying and we would lose the fight… Of course he ignored the fact that I kept pointing out that he was always the first person on either team to die at the beginning of the team fights and that when the first person to die is on your team, you are generally going to lose the fight as you are now fighting 5v6

In the second game, I was matched against him and beat him, righteously taunting him at the end of the game.

In the third game, I was matched with 2 of his teammates from the previous game, who told me that he flamed them all game and gave some examples of the stuff he said which was way over the line… At the end of the third game (which was extremely close, we lost first round 100-0 [one of my teammates started mildly flaming the team, but rest of us just ignored him], barely won the second round, barely won the third round 100-99) one of the players on the enemy team typed in all chat "my team was trash. why do I always get the (s word [dang forum filter]) teammates"So that day I won 2 out of my 3 matches but still was left irritated and frustrated, rather than happy.

My interest in the game prior to yesterday was at about 1%… But now I have officially quit entirely. The toxicity is too over the top and it’s virtually constant

Let’s look at numbers of a new hype game a game that’s been out for a year vs a 3 year old game lol your bad at statistics my dude. If anything fortnite is dying

1 Like

Still playing.

Still having fun.

Still not stuck in ‘elo hell’.

There are enough people experiencing the same as me that even in my sparsely populated part of the world my queue times are typically <3 min. It sure doesn’t seem like a dead game to me.

League of Legends is nearly 10 years old and still pulls in over 100k viewers regularly.

I like OW, but it has some major problems at the moment.

1 Like

Sorry am I missing something really basic here? Does “dead game” simply mean it has few viewers on Twitch? I thought it meant nobody played it any more.

Lots of people play hockey (“field hockey” for the Americans here) and that has terrible to non-existent viewership. It’s not a dead game, though.

BTW that wasn’t aimed at WelshInvader in particular, just the general talk of Twitch viewership in general.

not from other posts i see in the forums :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, most of the people not playing ( yet still have time to troll the forums) anymore are prolific posters. It’s kind of funny that the state of a game you don’t even play anymore has you so tilted. :slight_smile:

This is the best troll thread I’ve ever read lmao. Just in case this guy is actually this being serious though:

If someone actually believes in elo hell though, they’re generally just bad at the game and don’t want to take the time to improve. Doesn’t take much at all to get past 2.9-3.0k (the rank you said ‘elo hell’ was at). Just face it: you’re bad at the game. It’s too hard for you, that’s why Apex makes you feel like you’re good at something. I was stuck at 1.7k once, then 2.5k, now 3.9k. You can’t blame throwers because in the extreme majority of games you’ll be able to hard carry on any character at that rank.

Now a real argument against the game would be the complete lack of Blizzard acknowledging their community, keeping metas that last upwards of a year at a time, etc. Or maybe how the new characters have zero counterplay, like Doomfist’s ultimate, Brig’s stun, etc.

And for Twitch viewer count, without OWL it does do extremely poorly. But 4 days of the week during prime-time it is #1/#2 on Twitch. If the League didn’t exist, this game would definitely not be looking very good right now. But it does, and lots of big brands like T-Mobile and other sponsors are willing to buy into it. Twitch viewer count means jacksh!t when ESPN is willing to air the game on their main channel.

TLDR: So basically you probably just came back to the game, expected to be at the rank you left off at a few months ago when you came back to complete your placements by the end of the season, and got destroyed by the new heroes. Then you write a whole rant thread on the forums about how the games dead and it’s your team’s fault, when in reality you’re just sh!t at the game.

Because they can’t accept that people have different opinions about something they hate, so they devote their life to making fun of people just tying to have fun… Welcome to the internet I guess

2 Likes

Yea, the internet is a wonderful place

1 Like