People still complaining about Brigitte?

Don’t stress it. Every hero has been called “brain dead” or ”easy with no skill ceiling” on here, Brig absolutely takes skill, positioning and timing, and WS takes aim.

People will always hate her as too many think Supports should be a free kill to flankers. I personally love having a Brig on the team as her sustain and commanding point presence means I can go off and do my thing without worrying the team will fall apart the second I go out of LoS.

-signed a flanker main who launch-Brig pretty much dumpstered.

And about the commitment issue. (To prevent if anyone wants to brought it up) It used to take all of her cooldown skills and a Lmb attack done with in a second was able to kill a Tracer. Which people responded as cheap kill comparing her with the Reinhardt pin. All the while completely disregarding the fact that it takes 2 skills and a LMB to kill. meaning after she done with Tracer. She has no mobility - no means to fend of the second attacker with whip shot. All she had was her armor and her shield. And now. Even if you spend all of your cooldowns it takes 2 or 3 sometimes more LMB if the Tracer is buffed in any means. She commits back then and now as much as any tank and dps - she still do not have the luxury to be at range while doing so. Explain to me how the character is not committed enough if she is using all of her tool to kill 1 target that has the lowest hp?

to provide a bit ore context to the comment jeff was saying how everybody was becoming bored of dive but they had trouble balancing around it because everyone was also saying dont nerf my precious dive character add a character that help counter it instead.

2 Likes

Im trying my hardest to see the point you are trying to make. Pls rephrase so it makes sense?

pros say she is op in a special way. dont ask me what they mean, because I am not a pro.

1 Like

I hate Brig more than any character I’ve hated in any video game in 30+ years of playing them. I won’t be satisfied until she’s deleted. When video game historians write the history of Overwatch, they’ll point to the introduction of Brigitte as the moment the game started declining. I’ve never seen a video game company make such a huge mistake (maybe with the exception of EA and Battlefront).

I remember being able to keep people alive with armor packs if they weren’t within the Inspire radius and I wasn’t hitting anybody. The cooldown on that ability isn’t TOO long.

In order to do this I would have to be able to keep myself alive, though, which is harder to do post-nerf.

I feel that everybody in the support category ought to be able to solo heal, though. Mercy obviously can, as can Moira, as can Lucio, as can Zenyatta, and Ana can do a pretty good job too. Brig’s the only one who’s incapable of healing herself without putting herself in danger

She is still oppressive and silly when played well.

She’s in the bottom 30% for both win rate and pick rate in grandmaster, and across all ranks, she’s the least picked healer in the game by a pretty huge margin.

So are you calling Sym and Torb overpowered?

I personally feel that the amount of negative things she has added in the game, from being OP by just existing has gone too far.
Think about the people who quit because of her.
Think about the dark aspects of this game because of her.
Think about the people who abused Brigitte and got to GM.
Seriously, I hope she gets nerfed to the ground and becomes and throw hero, ultimately due the inevitable amount of distress that she has created.
Burn her.

2 Likes

I believe that Ashe did not imply that Briggitte is OP, but that all of the kills you gained against her were cheesy.

I and a lot of people actually really agree with this statement and it is not your fault, but Brigitte due to her objective “low skill = high reward” playstyle, she is of course still extremely frustrating to play against and only a complete rework can change that (which is unfortunately not coming in the near future)…

But she is certainly not OP anymore after all these nerfs.

I think the big question is… how the hell did you even manage to come onto that Ashe as Brig of all people? What kind of horrible positioning and awareness did she have?

Knock back/jump up to high ground with coach gun, easy to nail massive damage with dynamite, etc.

1 Like

IMO brig was never OP or broken to start with. She was a necessary evil and a messiah for all the disabled ones/community who couldnt play properly like the normal due to their disabilities. Brig helped alot of disabled people to climb SR and ranks. And, the best thing is i dont think anyone with no disabilities ever abused brig to climb up ranks because that is a wrong thing to do.

bro theres no such thing as abusing a character to rank up. If someone was gold last season and reached masters/GM by playing brig 99% this season, then she deserved it. Common sense and Logic do not apply in this part.

Like recently there was a mercy player who was duoQing with a hacker to reach rank 4 and was removed for some reason. This was so wrong and makes me cri inside. She deserved it even tho she got there in an unethical way.

Torb isn’t owl meta.

Hating Brig became a meme. It’s like hating Nickelback or hating EA … most people really don’t care or aren’t exposed to the thing at all, but hating it is the popular thing to do, and a small minority is REALLY vocal about pushing this narrative that “EVERYBODY hates X, because X is bad!”
Plus, Overwatch has a deep flaw where the pros, the noobs, and the PvE content all uses the exact same characters with the exact same stats. And balancing that at every level of play results in kind of a mess when the game is largely leaning toward a semi-professional PvP audience.
TL;DR: it sucks. Read your local newspaper instead.

2 Likes

And this is what I’m afraid of.

Brigitte will never be seen as anything but ‘No-skill, Insta-Win’
Symmetra will never be seen as anything but a throw pick.
And demands for Mercy changes will never cease.

The OW Community seems to forget things change. I had someone try to prove how Brig was still OP last month by using a clip made last year, with the odds skewed heavily in Brig’s favour.

Blizzard could turn Brig into a rag on the floor of Eichenwalde and the people would still cry for nerfs.

Thankfully, there are at least some people on these Forums who get when to acknowledge things for how they are in the present.

3 Likes

The only ones who are still complaining about Brigitte these days are casuals who left because they didn’t know how to deal with her then.

Spoiler alert: they still don’t know how to deal with Brigitte. Brigitte is very good at punishing stupid.

2 Likes

I get stuff like this all the time as Brig. My most recent one was someone who I jumped and killed because they were way out of position, and they decided to look at my competitive stats and went “Braindead Brigitte abuser.”

But he clearly didn’t see I play 3 entire healers not just Brig. I went to look at his profile but whaddya know it’s private

Keep sending me the abusive comments, I report every time, and I am getting at least 1 “an action has been taken against an account you reported, keep it up!” every few days so you will get what you deserve if you are a (censored) to Brig players for no reason in chat

2 Likes

i believe this shouldnt happen since she is supposed to have the advantage
what rank was this on pls? (no rank shame i’m gold)

the devs dont care about what we think, they nerf looking at owl, that’s why moira and mei have not been reworked