People still complaining about Brigitte?

I’m happier about the way this story went than the last one I told where my team lost, but something I saw at the end had me worried about the future for Brig.

I backfill into a match on HLC, I look at the comp, and here’s what goes through my head: “There’s a Mercy on this team. Cool, I guess I can pick Brigitte then.” I’m doing okay with her, and specifically I kill the enemy Ashe a couple times. The last time the person says “Gross”, and I don’t know if they’re talking about me or not.

We win, and there are the usual GG’s, including from the Ashe. Who adds “Well, except for, you know…the existence of Brigitte.”

I really don’t want to see her nerfed any more, but I’m worried that if enough people still think she’s OP, then it will happen.

I don’t think she’s OP; I don’t find Brigittes harder to kill than most other characters when I play against them at this point. And the reason I only picked her after seeing we already had one healer is because the nerfs have made it impossible for me to solo heal with her the way I used to. She’s currently a sub-par healer but a decent DPS if she has somebody else healing her.

Will people not be satisfied until she’s a sub-par healer AND a sub-par DPS AND also as squishy as a baby D.Va?

Just stay far away from her, people, like you do with Reinhardt and Doomfist. Even if she hits you with a Whip Shot, you can shoot back at her while that’s on CD.

19 Likes

Scars run deep. It reminds me a little bit of Death Knights in World of Warcraft. They were so overpowered when released they were hated for literally years.

This whole thing should be a lesson to Blizzard, they should have known better than to release Brig the way they did. I don’t think they have learned that lesson though, Kaplan’s comments seem like the dev team have absolved themselves of any responsibility and blamed the players for asking for a dive counter.

12 Likes

Wait, you menaged to solo heal as Briggy? Wow, thats really impressive, I never menaged to do that. Her heals were waaay to low in long run to be significant changer, especially if enemy had real healer.

I wouldn’t worry for any nerfs. Her pickrate in Owl is steady and she is already weak in 2-2-2. And devs know this. They wont buff her tho, because “goats bad”.

I need to admit that her winrate is still faaar too high on every rank. So she is still a problem, yes

Sym, Brig and Torb are the only heroes in bronce that are above 50% winrate, and are average picked there. She is still there with this 2 in Silver, but now her pickrate is better then the other two. In gold it gets even worse :smiley: she still has the basically same pickrate. This goes on till masters. There she first drops hard.

It really isnt. Is torb a problem? I dont think so.

Looking at one statistic and judging a hero based on that leads to bad balance decisions.

You need to remember that those other heroes with similar winrates and lower pickrates are in a category of heroes with more than twice the amount of characters as Brigitte’s.

7 Likes

Both points not invalid, still it seems to me she that she is off. She could feel ok when played in matches, but her high winrate doesn’t come of no where, her pickrate isn’t really low too. I think she still replaces somewhat of torb and sym in matches, so they are kinda comparable. I rarely see a brig with second healer alone :smiley:

Imma be honest here, for a support with so few other options (shes the only support that grants extra armor) her stats look super pathetic to me.

Not saying she needs monster buffs, but her place in the game right now is as if they threw her to the side. Kinda like what they did to Ana for the longest time after nerfing her.

Easy yea yada yada, i dont think having a lower skill floor means they need to be trash. Its not like youre forced to play higher skill characters all the time, so the stigma of being beaten by an easier hero never really made sense to me.

When im playing Tracer and Brig shows up, i have the option of either switching if i feel like i cant keep up with her armor, or going directly after her. But if shes roflstomping me immediately blaming her balance is one of the last things that comes across my mind (now).

12 Likes

I love playing Brig when we have really brawl-y characters on the team.

I get a lot of hate for it too… Why? Because I do my job right. I super pocket one of the brawling characters and they face roll everything.

However, I’m going to get the blame because of the reputation and the stun. It happens. It will happen. It’s going to happen. Get over it and enjoy what you do.

I’m honestly not putting out the DPS to kill anyone, I’m just adding damage or cleaning up what my teammates are doing.

Salty people use salty excuses.

1 Like

How is that so? Geoff flat-out acknowledged they released Brig too overpowered and they realized that. What else do you want them to say/do?

5 Likes

I mean, ideally yes. If she can heal AND DPS AND tank AND comes loaded with cc then she has to be subpar at some things.

2 Likes

There’s a thing across all shooters, maybe all games, where things that are annoying are perceived as being strong.

Look at tf2, the worst class in the game by far is the pyro. Despite this, half the community seems to want him nerfed and consider him overpowered.

Look at R6, which has a fairly statistically weak operator called Blitz, who top teams never play. Despite that people constantly call him overpowered and want him nerfed. The developers nerfed him recently to try and make him less annoying, balance didn’t look like a factor.

Now in OW we’ve got people in ranks where Tracer, Widow and Genji are totally irrelevant calling them OP and wanting them nerfed. We’ve got heroes like Sombra, Mei and Doomfist who people have historically want nerfed the second they pop their faces into viability. We’ve got heroes like Roadhog that got blasted into meme tier for being annoying and he hasn’t been heard since. Brigitte is one such annoying hero, and she’s currently deeply entrenched in the meta and helping to force it, and doing amazing in terms of winrate on the ladder. Plus she’s got like, no skill curve but is somehow still forcing professional DPS players off their heroes. So yeah people will probably complain about her until she’s bad, like basically every other annoying hero. Currently she’s overperforming anyway, so she has room to fall.

3 Likes

For good reason. Shes still run in GOATs almost 90% of the time in OWL. People dont like seeing GOATs 24/7, so guess what? They nerf heroes apart of GOATs, ruining them in the process potentially because of the actions of one.

That is not okay.

It sucks because Brig is kinda terrible outside of GOATs, but still a major key piece to it. Unless she gets reworked without AoE healing and damage, or 2/2/2 is forced into the game (which I honestly hope isn’t going to happen for personal reasons), she’ll forever be given this OP stigma until the end of time.

2 Likes

I don’t have a link handy, but there was an interview not that long ago where he said some variation of “be careful what you wish for” in regards to the balance problems that Brigitte has had.

She’s perfectly balanced now, There’s just a few toxic people whom don’t realize that she is

it happens to me a lot when i play brig (she’s a very sturdy off-healer and im not that great with zen nor lucio). people find her “easy to play” (and in actually she’s not that easy as i fail to play her correctly all the time lol) because she isn’t a hitscan goddess like widowmaker.

i usually tell them “well that’s a bit mean” or “i play to have fun ya know”. like chill it’s a playable hero that isn’t brokenly OP. people will always complain about certain heroes and all you can do is just ignore or be positive against the negativity.

The only culprit about all the questions you have up there is blizzard - Overwatch team. They released a hero that is okay in 2-2-2. Not overbearing not unusable. Than the idiotic movement happened people were in search of putting the blame other than ‘‘the state of the Comp’’ couple of weeks went by Brigitte turned out to be a key factor to the tank heavy compositions, people found their new scapegoat and assuming her removal or nerfs justified because it will ‘‘fix’’ Overwatch. What really saddens me that devs themselves were also in false eureka moment they too assumed Brigitte is the reason for all this debacle completely forgetting why she was introduced in the first place. Fast forward today, now if you choose Brigitte in your line up people will try to scream your head off and they will be backed by the dumb founded decisions that (Ban me if you will) Geoff and Jeff made.

Now they are in between a rock and a hard place. Removing or nerfing her more will surely bring back dive. And we all know how diverse the cast is with dive. Buffing her without putting regulatory system to the hero pick system and forcing players towards 2-2-2 will also revitalize the dumbest movement that this industry will ever see. And they have no one to blame but themselves. They decided Brigitte should be released before the regulatory system that was sorely needed and they also decided nerfing her and making her chore to play in any other composition except the infamous Goats. Such Diversity much vision such Wow.

Here is the current statistics of the once really good front line hybrid support;

Has the lowest healing among her peers.
Has the most inconsistent healing among her peers.
Has the lowest damage among her peers.
Has the lowest tanking capability among other tanks.
Has the lowest mobility among her peers and other tanks.

All of this because they listened a mob with keyboards but not a single brain cell.

You know what i noticed?

During the GravDragon meta i was looking at old threads about Brig. Plently of people thought she needed minor nerfs, but that was it.

But then the movement started happening and some OW content channels (some of which that are responsible for said movement) flared up and kicked it up to 11 and took everything way too far as soon as GOATS began to take the scene.

And then all you saw were complaints about how overwatch was ruined because as soon as someone died to Brigitte they decided it was easier to blame on her because the enemy had an easier time using her, whether or not that player themselves were actually to blame.

And then the snowball effect REALLY took place and here we are now. Tarnished reputation, ideas on what characters “deserve to be weak” and all that foolishness now spreading beyond her to a bunch of other characters in the game.

To put it bluntly, the past year was extremely idiotic, even when some of her nerfs were 100% justified. (They took it too far though)

3 Likes

I was not saying she did not needed some tuning. But what they did to her is outright criminal. And i 100% agree that youtube channels that are related to Overwatch (cough stylosa) kicked to 11.

3 Likes

Please dont say this as a bad thing.

Also, Bigg’s powerlevel doesnt matter. She is still the most forgiving of the heroes in terms both mechanical skill and gamesense. She should be reworked to be powerful and challenging to a reasonable degree.

Right now its like playing on toddler mode.

1 Like

every other hero is in toddler mode. I am blind but force me to play with widow without any sense of depth i will perform well enough. The only hero as an exception to this is hammond. The same rhetoric were used to justify the movement, nerfs instead owning that the mistake is not the release state of her but the order of the release. 2-2-2 first and brigitte and none of us in this forum will waste precious time to discuss this.