People should be allowed to avoid private profiles en masse

Wow. You could not sound anymore entitled. If this is the thing you came here to whine about, then you really need to find a new game to play. Just because you can’t see their profile, doesn’t mean the game is unplayable. You’re just finding anything you can to complain about

7 Likes

Tbh, the only reason I like private profiles because it means I get to branch out as other heroes rather than someone saying ‘oh hey, you have so many hours on support - play a support’.

At the same time, if you want to see someones profile - just ask the player to make it public so you can see. I always have mine public anyway but usually when someone asks to see their profile, they either open it or leave.

I don’t mind having my public profile be visible people are going to tlt no matter if its private or public.

1 Like

That’s just so not true. There is a large difference between criticism and verbal abuse, and standing up for yourself can include choosing not to bow to pressure to open yourself up for abuse.

3 Likes

This is largely a PC only problem. Most console players dont even bother to look at profiles cause its not as simple as hovering a cursor over a player to see their usual picks.

To OP:

No

Just no

3 Likes

People have, and will, say the same thing anyway.

“Oh I have more hours on him on my alt which is GM by the way so you trash players can shut up”

1 Like

True that mate. And its totally fine if someone says “I have my profile on private because I got verbally abused for it”

Thats all fine and dandy with me, although I again dont have any option to have proof of that.

Saying you dont show it because you just dont want to is showing insecurity and incapability to take criticism.

Yeas. I absolutely can. Again, if someone says they dont show their profile to make sure they dont get abused for it is fine and dandy. Standing up for yourself however does not include denying criticism.

1 Like

And has that strategy ever worked in convincing that player to switch?

1 Like

Works only so much. For that statement alone I can report them for two offenses alone:

• Gameplay sabotage (They threw previous games to end up in a rank lower than their actual rank, in that case Smurfing is a bannable offense [its allowed as long as you play to the best of your abilities])
  • Abusive chat (“Trash players”

After enough reports (They dont really need to be from multiple people, I know it works if you just spam the report button over and over again throughout the match) they will have accumulated enough reports to be disqualified for a few games or even the rest of the season.

EZ dealt with that

I really hope you get banned by mass false reports for that toxic attitude.

6 Likes

It actually did a lot of times. He was a DPS and underperformed, we told him to switch to his main (which was Ana) and try again the next round. And he did. We ended up winning the game and played as a 6 stack another three, losing only one of them.

So that was one anecdote. But yeah, it did work since we knew that he would be able to keep us alive and nano us when needed.

Did you just admit to false reporting people in game on the Overwatch forums… you’re not very smart?

I’m just going to take a nice screenshot of this and include it in my own report, have a good day.

1 Like

Putting your profile private isn’t denying criticism. It’s just forcing that person to criticize someone for how they are actually performing in that particular match.

It’s not false reporting. According to the code of conduct, appropriate behavior is determined by community reports and Blizzard. As I’m part of the community, I help to determine what behavior is inappropriate. Blizzard gets the final say.

In addition, according to the code of conduct, filing reports is only an issue if you are doing it maliciously with the intent of getting someone’s game play limited. That is not my intent. I’m simply bringing behavior to Blizzard’s attention so they can take a stance on it. I’m fine with whatever they decide, I just want them to make a decision. There is no ill intent.

Straight from the code of conduct copy and pasted, here is the relevant section.

Acceptable behavior is determined by player reports and Blizzard’s decision, and violating these guidelines will result in account and gameplay restrictions.

While we encourage you to report players that are behaving in a disrespectful manner, falsely reporting another player with the sole intent of restricting their gameplay is also unacceptable and will result in penalties to your account.

You’re reporting people based on a functionality that blizzard allows…
You’re risking people losing endorsements.
You’re risking people getting banned. (god I wish there aren’t many people like you)
just so you can send a message to blizzard? make a freaking post about it, it’s not rocket science.
It’s false reporting.

5 Likes

Nice generalisation.

1 Like

And yet, reports are filed daily based purely on hero selection, something Blizzard has explicitly stated is not against the rules. And people get punished for it.

So by your logic if some people are thieves it makes it okay for me to steal as well?
Like I said make a freaking post about it and stop false reporting people and risking their accounts getting auto banned.

2 Likes

There should be an option to avoid people who “need” profile stalking. That would be useful.

4 Likes