People should be allowed to avoid private profiles en masse

I don’t need your approval so it’s fine. I’ve confidently taken Sombra into comp and helped win team fights in spite of lack of competitive time on her, so that’s fine, I know I’m doing what’s right for me. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Again, you are not god and cannot tell people what to play (but that’s what false reporting is for right, to play god).

If I chose to play a heals for a time then play a dps and want to try out a tank later on, I CAN.

If I chose to not show my profile, who are you to tell me otherwise. Still wont stop me from playing what I like.

2 Likes

this is where I stopped reading. you just let me see the profile, and I’ll tell you if I deem the information worthy or not.

I’ll start to read the rest of your post now.

incorrect. Every game is me and five strangers. You must place my freedom above short queue times for all.

I’m going to repost this anytime someone has a valid complaint about matchmaker:

My proposal:

If I win a game of Comp, give all five of my teammates 1 point.
If I loose a game of Comp, give all five of my teammates negative 1 point.
When queueing prefer people with the most points.
After in queue for 5 minutes, disregard all points and find me a match ASAP.

This could all work in the background, or we could be shown what our teammates’ current point tally is.
To disincentivize throwing, unlimited “Avoid Player as Teammate” would need to be added.

You can opt out of giving points, but can’t opt out of having points given to you.
You can toggle the queue time thingy too. Like make it 5,10 or 15 minutes, or forever.

qqq

So Pep, what I’m asking you to consider is giving up on the fight to only play with people that have public profiles. Just take the wins, profile public or not.

Every matchmaker complaint would be quelled if my system were in place. Because no matter how wonky or what info the developers hide, we can always be assured we are teamed up with people that we win with.

1 Like

Can’t have a debate with someone who isn’t willing. My profile information is 100% irrelevant to this conversation. Also, as I mentioned, I own multiple accounts just like a lot of other people.

1 Like

what’s in the bag?

You don’t want to look in the bag. Believe me, what is inside the bag is not important.

what’s in the bag?

1 Like

T H I S every day man

1 Like

What’s inside isn’t important for this conversation. Tell me why it would be. You don’t need to know who I main to discuss with me the merits of a profile being public or not.

the real question here is, do I have the right to avoid all people with private profiles in the matchmaker? I think any non dictatorial person would value my freedom.

No. And furthermore, I think public profiles should be removed from the game entirely precisely to prevent the type of toxicity you are throwing out in the forums right now.

Private profiles was a mistake.

4 Likes

was one of the best decisions Overwatch team made

3 Likes

“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”

― Socrates

1 Like

{laff}

ridiculous

1 Like

Yup, best decision to further split the community.

I approve of this. Because I wouldn’t want to play with someone like the OP who gives so much of a crap about peoples’ profiles being hidden. Then again, mine is usually public. Maybe I should always have it private, just to annoy the OP.

1 Like

do it

the only split in the community is the normal people vs the control freaks who want to control the normal people

a welcome split

2 Likes

That’s confirmation bias, my friend. Look it up.

I’ll repeat it again for you. You have a narrow-minded view on the game and its players.

People are capable of playing multiple heroes and roles. I literally play with someone who mains Mercy and hitscans and plays both equally well to maintain a rank. I would also argue their skills are put to better use when on a hitscan dps, but that’s debatable since I can’t objectively claim anything when it’s only my opinion. But you’d look at a profile, see 200 hours of Mercy and 40 of Widow and declare this person a thrower, when I literally have hours of footage of that same person singlehandedly annihilating an entire enemy team with headshots.

I’ve been playing since open beta, I have 1300+ levels and 1000 hours in the game, and so does my friend. We also play other games. Shooting a gun in a video game isn’t a skill exclusive to Overwatch. People are not robots programmed to do one thing and one thing only. The majority of the player base can comfortably play multiple heroes on their skill level, including “Mercy mains” which you have a strong bias against without knowing the context of each and every “Mercy main.”

Will there be throwers? Sure. I’ve seen a lot of them, regardless of their profiles. Last season, there was a mid-master Winston main in my team, playing Winston, and throwing. Report, move on. There’s a Mercy main playing Widow that you only see dead in the kill feed? Report, move on. The hyperfixation on profiles is bad for the game. The ingrained biases you have over profile information is bad for the game.

6 Likes

so you get to play lucio whenever you want but if they want to and have been playing mcree their choice is invalid?
hypocrite much