People have the wrong idea about Hero 30

That sounds like a cool idea. But her ult has to be pretty good. I mean the Mech has to be better than standard Dva mech.

But if shes a DPS hybrid, still dont see her coming out soon. We need more tanks/supports first.

I completely agree. That’s why I don’t think she’ll be released as hero 30, unless she is designed as a full tank.

I have no idea who they could have as a full tank. They could go the ashe route and bring in someone completely new and fit them into the lore somehow (i kinda like this bc its basically a mystery up until release).

Or they could take someone who was already introduced into the lore similar to Brigitte. But I dont know who they could possibly bring. Theres Max (highly unlikely), that Sanjay person people keep mentioning, maybe someone from the original Overwatch team, that hacker omnic from zaryas comic (forgot the name), the villain in torbs comic.

Personally i’d like to see either Leonora or Antonio from Rialto. I can see Leonora as a support who paints her way on the battlefield, while Antonio would be a cyborg tank.

Oh, I do have a lot of ideas. Let me paste them below:

Antonio (Off Tank)

Stats: 300 health, 300 armor

Affiliation: Talon

Playstyle: Antonio is a heavy hitting absorption tank. Using his black hole ability redirects attacks towards him, so it can be risky to use it. Requires a lot of coordination with healers. His ult is for survival. Can be considered as an off tank.

Look and Feel: There’s an awesome concept art by @Nexzerker on twitter. Please check it out because it’s incredible. I’d keep most of that design, but will remove the blade and will keep the gun in the arm and not over the shoulder. Additionally I’d make him a full robot/cyborg. The idea is that he actually died by the hand of Reyes during the Retribution event, but his conciousness was uploaded to a robot/cyborg.

Abilities:

LMB - Chaingun / Talon Heavy Chaingun. After a 0.5-second rev-up time, fires 20 hitscan shots per second in a moderate spread. Each shot deals 2-4 damage. While revved up or shooting, Antonio moves 20% slower. Holds 100 rounds. 2-second reload. (This very good weapon concept has been directly imported for the idea developed by forum user Gaze. This idea is entirely his).

RMB - Black Hole / Antonio raises his left hand and for 3 seconds, he redirects towards himself enemy ranged attacks (projectile or hitscan) on a 20-meter cylindrical range in front of him with 60% damage reduction. Attacks, even on him will not be critical. Antonio cannot attack but can move. 6 second cooldown after using the ability.

E - Supernova / While Black Hole is on cooldown Antonio can release 30% of the damage redirected towards him by the last use of Black Hole in an explosion around Antonio in an 8 meter radius. If Supernova is not activated during the Black Hole cooldown window, Antonio will lose that charge and will have to wait until the next use of Black Hole.

Shift - Biotic Enhancer / Antonio presses a button in the chest of his suit and it emits a wave of biotic enhancing energy / Antonio and allies around him in a 6 meter radius take 40% increased healing from allied sources for 5 seconds (doesn’t apply to healthpacks). / cooldown 10 seconds

Ult - Barricade / Antonio creates a Damage Immune zone for himself that lasts 6s. Antonio must remain in the zone to receive the Immunity. Can be booped out. Cannot use Black Hole or Biotic Enhancer while inside the Damage Immune zone.

D.Mon (Main Tank)

Stats: 200 health, 200 armor

Affiliation: MEKA squad

Playstyle: D.Mon is a brawler tank. Can act as a main tank for the team with her barrier.

Look and Feel: You have all seen the art for D.Mon and Beast. Nothing more to add except that her shield should be larger that what we saw on the art. Upon dying D.Mon works like Hammond, not like D.Va. There will be no baby D.Mon running around.

Abilities:

LMB - Brawl / Melee attacks like Malganis from HotS or Attikus from Battleborn. Works similarly to Reinhard’s melee attack. Max range 5 meters. Damage 80 per hit. Each swing can only damage one target. 1 swing per 0.5 seconds.

RMB - MEKA Shield / Just as Rein or Brigitte D.Mon can raise a shield barrier. Sizewise, shield is half the width of Rein’s barrier and as tall as Brigitte’s. Health 1000. Regenerates at the same rate as Brigittes. Heals D.Mon for 20% of damage absorbed. 10% speed reduction while having shield active. Activates 3rd person view.

E - Power Tow / Skill shot. D.Mon dettaches Beast’s left fist, which will remain attached to the arm with a power cable. The fist will be thrown at a target the same way Brigitte’s whip shot or Roadhog’s hook do. Max range, 20 meters. If the shot lands D.Mon will use her boosters and a towing mechanism to propel herself to the targets position. Think of it as a reverse hook. This ability does no damage to the target, but it will stay in place until D.Mon arrives to the location. 8 second cooldown.

Shift - Thunder Clap / Similar to WoWs warrior ability with the same name. Slam both fists on the ground and blast nearby enemies in a 5 meter radius for 100 damage and slow them by 25% for 2 seconds.

Ult - Release the Beast / Transformation Ult. D.Mon lowers the metal plate over Beast’s head to fully cover the pilot’s cabin. Best gains 600 armor and becomes Unstoppable (anti CC) Increases movement and attack speed by 20%. Lasts 8 seconds.

Mama Hong (Main Tank)

Stats: 200 health, 200 shields

Affiliation: Herself (I guess)

Playstyle: Mama Hong could be considered the Junkrat of tanks. Basically a deadly heavy hitter. Her barrier could help her be considered as a main tank.

Look and Feel: You already know the concept art. I’d give her the overall look and body type of Topaz from Thor Ragnarok maintaining the face and head from the concept art.

Abilities:

LMB - Sticky Bomb Launcher / Mama Hong shoots sticky bombs from a grenade launcher. Fire rate 0.5 seconds. Each bomb will detonate after 3.2 seconds of attaching itself to an enemy hero or a surface. Ammo 6. Reload time 1.5 seconds. Explosion does 60 damage and 40 splash damage.

RMB - Detonate Sticky Bombs / Detonate all active sticky bombs. (detonate all for burst damage).

E - Shield Drain / Throws a deployable that drains 100 shields (affects barriers and personal shields) per second in an area. Can be destroyed by enemies. 1 second to deploy. Lasts for 3 seconds.8 second cooldown

Shift - Bubble Barrier / Mama Hong raises her left arm over her head, and out of her gauntlet she can project a bubble barrier roughly half the radius of Winton’s Barrier Projector. Mama Hong can move with the barrier, but cannot shoot while barrier is active. Activates 3rd person view. 500 health, lasts for 5 seconds. Cooldown 6 seconds after barrier deactivates or is destroyed.

Ult - Massacre / Throws a Grav Bomb to a targeted location (Q swaps weapon for Ult interface and left click releases the bomb (like the old way of deploying Torb’s turret). Upon landing the bomb will create a gravity field that starts expanding from the center up until 8 meter radius over 3 seconds. After 3 second all enemies caught in the gravity field will be pulled towards the bomb, that will detonate doing damage similar to Junk’s rip tire.

Junkerqueen (Dps/Tank Hybrid)

Role: Damage/Tank hybrid

Sub Role: Frontliner / Offtank (Ult)

Base of Operations: Junkertown, Australia

Affiliation: The Junkers

Playstyle: Like several forum posters, I’d also like to see the Queen as a flamethrower. The challenge is that imagining the Queen as a flamethrower, as several of you have done, limits a little bit the fantasy of the character. In a way her mechanics will feel very similar to the Pyro from TF2, every other character with a flamethrower in any videogame, and even our own Mei. The actual flamethrower is the spear besides her throne, connected to a canister on her back (again, very similar to Mei). I have chosen not to use the axe that appears in the poster. As a defense/tank hybrid, her Ult summons the Queen’s battle mech. Doesn’t have “tanking” abilities, but a gains a lot of HP, reduced damage intake, and increased healing. That, plus the larger form, makes her a bit of an offtank.

Look and Feel: You have all seen the picture of the Queen. Regarding the Battle Mech, it either is the "King" mech, or it looks kind of the powerlifter Ripley uses in Alien (with cannons instead of pliers). All in all, TankGirl comes to mind.

Abilities:

Hero Form: 250 HP

LMB - Flamethrower Spear / 80 dps frontal cone / 2 meter width, 10 meter range / 5 second afterburn. 10 dps / does not consume ammo. Overheats after 6 seconds. 1 second downtime / Melee uses spear as a melee weapon (thrust forward).

Passive - Cauterize / Fatal damage brings the Queen to 35% health. Effect triggers automatically / Not on an actual cooldown, but effect can not happen more than once every 20 seconds

E - Petrol Flask / Throws a canister of oil that breaks on impact. Can be thrown on the ground or at enemies. 5 meter radius / By itself it does nothing. In order to to damage, it needs to be ignited with flamethrower / Oil burns for 8 seconds. Enemies affected with ignited oil will burn for 8 seconds at 20 hp per second. Lasts for 4 seconds if not ignited / 10 second cooldown / Enemies affected with ignited oil are not affected with afterburn. (To clarify, if an enemy is hit with the flask, and gets ignited, it will burn for 8 seconds. If the enemy walks into a burning oil patch that had been already burning for 6 seconds, hero will still have burn effect on itself for 8 seconds).

Ultimate - Junkertown’s Gladiator / Summons the Queen’s Battle Mech for 20 seconds / New set of abilities / Falls apart when it reaches 0HP or when Ult time expires / 30% damage reduction and 50% increased healing.

Battle Mech Form: 450 HP

LMB - Twin Fireball Cannons / Shoots fireballs that explode on contact / 8 rounds per second (4 from each cannon) 20 damage per round on direct hit. 10 splash / linear projectiles / Infinite ammo

E - Petrol Flask / 2 charges. Gets ignited with fireballs.

Shift - Juggernaut / Runs at high speed and becomes cc immune / Runs at 10mts per second for 2 seconds. 4 second cooldown. Briefly becomes immune to cc.

I have no idea about 30th hero, but I have to defend my psychic abilities with this youtube comment:

I don’t know how I did it, but that was the most detailed prediction I ever had about anything. Perhaps I should think about what hero 30 might be:)

ffs, it doesn’t link to the comment on forums, but it does otherwise… there goes my boast…

All tank ideas lol I think a lot of people want D.Mon but DVA is so controversial right now, I think adding another meka person would just make it worse, unless shes completely unique and different from dva.

Im glad someone else thought of Antonio but im sad to see him as an off tan bc we really need more main tanks in the game.

Mama Hong is the concept idea before overwatch came out right? Not sure why everyone wnts her lol I dont see her fitting in at all, but then again…we have a hamster in a ball mech lol

Junkerqueen will definitely be a hero one day, but not anytime soon. But she would be interesting as a dps tank but then people might see that as an issue. People already complain that tanks do too much damage cmpared to dps so having a DPS thats also tanky, would be hard to balance.

My D.Mon concept is more of a Rein + Roadhog more than a D.Va :slight_smile:

I think it would be cool if eventually we had more MEKA heroes. They all seem pretty unique.

What is your D.mon concept? Is it similar to a certain youtubers concept?

With the plasma thrower and beast shield or w.e it was called

I have a theory: Doomfist lied, the Scourge still alive and he’s a main tank.

Its up there, you just have to click on the arrows. I’ll post it fully here:

D.Mon

Stats: 200 health, 200 armor

Affiliation: MEKA squad

Playstyle: D.Mon is a brawler tank. Can act as a main tank for the team with her barrier.

Look and Feel: You have all seen the art for D.Mon and Beast. Nothing more to add except that her shield should be larger that what we saw on the art. Upon dying D.Mon works like Hammond, not like D.Va. There will be no baby D.Mon running around.

Abilities:

LMB - Brawl / Melee attacks like Malganis from HotS or Attikus from Battleborn. Works similarly to Reinhard’s melee attack. Max range 5 meters. Damage 80 per hit. Each swing can only damage one target. 1 swing per 0.5 seconds.

RMB - MEKA Shield / Just as Rein or Brigitte D.Mon can raise a shield barrier. Sizewise, shield is half the width of Rein’s barrier and as tall as Brigitte’s. Health 1000. Regenerates at the same rate as Brigittes. Heals D.Mon for 20% of damage absorbed. 10% speed reduction while having shield active. Activates 3rd person view.

E - Power Tow / Skill shot. D.Mon dettaches Beast’s left fist, which will remain attached to the arm with a power cable. The fist will be thrown at a target the same way Brigitte’s whip shot or Roadhog’s hook do. Max range, 20 meters. If the shot lands D.Mon will use her boosters and a towing mechanism to propel herself to the targets position. Think of it as a reverse hook. This ability does no damage to the target, but it will stay in place until D.Mon arrives to the location. 8 second cooldown.

Shift - Thunder Clap / Similar to WoWs warrior ability with the same name. Slam both fists on the ground and blast nearby enemies in a 5 meter radius for 100 damage and slow them by 25% for 2 seconds.

Ult - Release the Beast / Transformation Ult. D.Mon lowers the metal plate over Beast’s head to fully cover the pilot’s cabin. Best gains 600 armor and becomes Unstoppable (anti CC) Increases movement and attack speed by 20%. Lasts 8 seconds.

Hero 30 is Jetpack-Cat, which is a flying Sniper tank whose ultimate creates hard-light copies of himself. How’s that for unlikely?

1 Like

Thetruthisoutthere…

Hmmm that is interesting. I like the power tow ability bc ive seen abilities like that in several games, but it seemed similar to widows grapple (Pulls her towards a point).

I am not sure why it wouldn’t deal some damage or knockback when Dmon gets to the location. I mean if you have a mechanical fist launching at you, im sure it would deal some damage.

The ult sounds like a Winston ult, but I am not too fond it. Sure it gives her more health, makes her immune to cc and givers her movement speed and attack speed,bu that seems a but too much for 1 ult. And imagine that being nanod. I cant imagine people having a good time going against that.

It could do damage. The idea of hero concepts is to open up the discussion and improve the concept with forum friends :slight_smile:

The idea of the Ult is to make D.Mon really hard to kill. Her damage, as you can see is not that massive, she won’t have Winston’s mobility and knockback potential. I see the Ult more as Nano Rein, but she won’t be able to do as much damage, considering Rein can damage several enemies at the same time.

That’s Omnicist, just saying.

Very true!

So her melee hits 1 target but it also hits more than reins. She also gains attack speed so her single target damage will be a lot more than reins. And harder to kill. If she can use her shield as well in her ult, she will be unkillable bc she gains health from the damage blocked.

Just thinking about all the tank ults, trying to figure out what type of tank ult we need.

Rein - CC Stun (multiple) (cast time)
Zarya - CC Immobilize and Clump together (cast time projectile)
Winston - Distruption (transformation ult)
Roadhog - Disruption/damage (I wouldnt really consider this damaging, its very hit or miss) (channeled)
Dva - Burst DPS (channel- projectile ish)
Orisa - Damage-Boost (channel - projectile)
Hammond - Area Denial - DPS - (Channel)

So it seems like your ultimate idea would make it a transformation ultimate which is something alot of the tank lack. Only Winston has a transformation ultimate. I would mind seeing another channeling ult (however with all the CC in the game, it would be kind of annoying to have it get cancelled so easily.

One thing people frequently leave off this point is that they also decide which character from the pool of developing characters to move ahead with based on what is happening in OWL, meta and player sentiments combined… though I would say the first two by far affect the decision. If they don’t release an anchor tank in the next two they are nuts… this is one of the most called for character types and potentially would allow for some interesting change ups.