People always like to find excuses

How does that relate to smurfs? Alt accounts are not smurf accounts. I see plenty of low level alt accounts in QP mixed in with plat border accounts. Almost never are the low level accounts smurfing. They are playing at their correct skill level. The MM pretty quickly gets them there. I was very surprised how quick it is. I created an alt to level up hoping my daughter would play as well, and before I was level 4 I was already in games with people of my level. It doesn’t take long.

Low level accounts are almost never smurfs.

If you understood what a smurf is (no, it’s not a low level account) then you would not make this statement.

I had a game at the weekend which had 3 low-level accounts. None were smurfs. But the tracer on the other team who was level 600+ was definitely a smurf. It is generally higher-level accounts that have deliberately thrown games, or played with friends perhaps with lower skill level and lost games with them, that are playing at a skill level below their own and then they are smurfing if they are doing it deliberately.

But it’s like… so what if they’re a low-level account? That doesn’t mean they’re a smurf.

If someone of a lower level beats you, that’s not smurfing. Yes, they may appear to be higher skilled, but losing to a higher skilled player is not against terms of service lol.

Now… if they stomp you the whole game, and then at the end of the match just start intentionally throwing so that their team goes on to lose so they de-rank… smurfs!

So complaining about losing to a low-level account is a moot point unless you can show that low level account was intentionally throwing the game. Because remember: Losing to a player of a higher skill level is not against terms of service lol

Seeing racism or sexism doesn’t mean you know what it feels like to be discriminated against. It’s a lofty analogy, but it applies. You don’t actually know what it’s like at low ranks, much less to belong there. Again, I’m not talking about playing well or winning and ranking up, I’m talking about everyday experiences despite being satisfied with a low ranking.

How low is this person? If smurfing is as big as issue in the metal ranks this player most likely has experience smurfs. I also have and again i never had an issue even though i climbed pretty recently.

Maybe this is the type of stuff they’re complaining about, but assume it’s a smurf as a lot of people think a low level account = smurf.

No instead they have players who are 1.5-3k higher than them in their games constantly on alt accounts, this is what I think they mean by “smurf”

I say just have fun. Who cares what the other people are doing. If you can’t have fun while other people are on alts, maybe this game is not as worth playing as you thought it was?