Penalized for DC

I just finished up a competitive game on the account I’m posting with. We started by defending Anubis, and we had a complete hold. in the last 5 seconds or so of the match, my internet cut out and disconnected from the match. It came back shortly after and I reconnected in the first minute or so of attacking. I helped the push and we won the game. I then find out that I’ve received a comp suspension, lost the SR, and didn’t gain my competitive points. Is there any way to remedy this, or do I get penalized for DCing and then rejoining? I have no prior penalizations or suspensions from comp, even when this sort of thing has happened before. Please, Blizzard, help.

If you take more than 2 minutes to rejoin, you are still penalized. This rule ensures that players who deliberately leave don’t attempt to bypass leaver penalties by returning later when they think the match will end. Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here: