PCGamer went to town in their OW2 review in progress

A messy sequel that tries to erase one of the best shooters in the last decade.

That’s the headline title and it only gets worse from there. I think it’s safe to say this game isn’t going to be nearly as well received as OW1 was. Expecting 6s and 7s based on what I’ve seen from them and other sites.

89 Likes

hey man- unrelated but in my few weeks browsing the forums your name has been the most consistent appearance and normally your slagging the sequel, i get it, i think some parts of it are kind of lame too but, maybe lay off a bit for your own sake, this mindset doesn’t seem too healthy

82 Likes

Hey Poy, nice of you to finally chime in. How do you feel about the $20 skins?

26 Likes

They’re 20 dollar bundles, not just skins. Guess they don’t teach comprehension skills in Negative Nancy Academy.

23 Likes

Skins are 1900 coins, kiddo.

32 Likes

Who cares what PCgamer has to say? Or any other game journalist for that matter. They just farm clicks off controversy

14 Likes

ok but why are they not something we can earn in the premium battlepass? that’s just wild that they think they can have a paid battlepass AND keep skins out of it.

4 Likes

The spray, recycled emote and virtual keychain are at least worth 30 bucks, so it’s basically a steal :roll_eyes:

20 Likes

The shills are acting out because they took another huge L today. Some of them even agree with the doomers but they continue to lash out at us because they can’t gracefully accept defeat.

19 Likes

poy? i’ll assume you’ve mistaken me or it’s some sort of compliment

either way, i think it’s lame, charging 20 pounds for virtual pixels during a global recession and the run-up to potentially a very rough winter for those not as fortunate as some of us is low, but, at the end of the day, i suppose it won’t effect those who spend sensibly

1 Like

And where are you seeing that? They’re 2000 coin bundles not skins. You get like 5 items in those bundles, so realistically you’re paying 4 dollars for each item.

Yeah it’s a bit weird, but still, it’s not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. People are just spreading misinformation about skins being 20 dollars when they’re not.

Says the one who is consistently posting how OW2 is going to be a massive failure? You’re literally frothing at the mouth at the thought of people enjoying this game.

3 Likes

are you trying to convince us or yourself?

26 Likes

Maybe both. I’m not 100% happy with the monetisation of the game, but I’m just tired of all the ill will and misinformation surrounding this game. I’m just looking forward to the gameplay, I’m not entirely bothered about the monetisation.

8 Likes

Skins are 1900 coins ($19) in the hero gallery if you buy them a la carte. And by your logic a spray is worth $4. It’s not. Even blizzard is acknowledging the skin is worth $19 and thus all the extras only $1.

12 Likes

My wallet is ready for an echo skin :wink:

4 Likes

I haven’t seen this. Can I have a link? I thought you could only buy the skins in bundles.

hey man short generic name low post count, stalky nature of post with personal inuslt and codenscension,

sounds like a overworked underpaid bliz intern being made to vent at forum users the inner thought of blizzard.

10 Likes

I think at this point I’m just gonna try the game and see what I think then. There’s a lot that I’m not happy about. But for the sake of loving the Overwatch universe and spending sooooooo many hours playing OW1, I’m at least gonna give it a chance and see if I enjoy it. Not gonna be buying the battle pass or anything though :joy: screw that!

2 Likes

And the bundles are 2000 coins as a “special offer”. Normal price is 2900. Absolutely comical pricing.

20 Likes

can’t wait for AndyB to pop up and say they expected the gaming press to hate what they’ve done

13 Likes