Pc vs Console Arguement. Easy

I think it’s obvious for Overwatch PC is much better than a console. But as for skill, it’s bit more complicated than that.

Of course game sense and positioning does transfer. And they both are very important skills. Even more so than mechanical skills.

Even if we take mechanical skills and look at them inside the game. Rules or ways people aim or move are fundamentally same. Yes console and pc have very different inputs and experience. But if we take aiming for example.

Having good position important to making more accurate shots.
Having good crosshair placement is important to aim.
Having the experience or the sense of timings and movement of crosshair is important.

These things do transfer to pc. It’s just a difference of tools we use. When you switch tools, of course you are going to suffer. But your fundamentals are always transferable. And they are the most valuable part. Then it’s a matter of getting used to new tools.

If you are playing on PS4 or Xbox, you are accused for having bad mechanical skills. But if your aim is trash on switch where gyro exists, just give up. Also btw why isn’t there gyro on PS4? I’m pretty sure it has a gyroscope.

And PVP Twitch came from Xbox as well. There are so many known examples of console GMs making seamless transitions to PC that it’s embarrassing that these terrible excuses are still being used going into 2020.

4 Likes

I’m ok playing action games and figters on controller but playing an fps must be pure torture.

Well well a controller is different than keyboard and mouse? Who would have thought…

That is the biggest nonsense i read this month.

1 Like

Now ask them what rank they were when they first switched to PC. I guarantee it wasn’t T500 or #1 he had to climb to get there.

What is more embarrassing is the fact there were pro tournaments of console vs PC, and console could not compete so much so that they have separated the 2 platforms for the last 20-25 years because of it.

There’s a reason console players do not cross platform with PC. But, we are talking about transitioning.

As I said, it’s a well established fact especially in OW, that there is a transition period of learning the control system regardless of which way you go.

1 Like

That’s not true at all. Maybe for you, individually that’s the case, but some folks can make sweet music with a controller. Especially in ow, hitboxes are forgiving and remember, controller user get aim assist to make up for lack of precision. Outside of the top 10 percent I honestly think the difference is negligible. Been playing CoD a lot with crossplay on, no clear advantage goes to one side, same thing in gears. I think we’ve been wired to think that m/kb is the only way to be good, and I think we have been wrong for a while.

Lol. It doesn’t have to make sense to you.

If you know, you know, and if you don’t use a controller in one hand and a mouse in the other, you don’t.

Facts

Its just nonsense spouted to boost the egos of self absorbed pc players.

5 Likes

I never got higher than 2700 on PS4, but I’ve hit diamond a dozen times on PC

The PC version is better just because of how fast you turn, but once you’re used to the controls your console skills transfer over quite easily.

So you clearly don’t understand how the ranking system works and have never been above Diamond yourself, while you’re sitting here trying to slander controller players. The highest you could place was Masters with at least 9 wins and an outstanding performance in all 10 games. No one can PLACE top 500 on a new account, especially now that the games have been reduced to 5.

1 Like

Exactly show me a top 500 who did an unranked to gm challenge that placed masters to start off

1 Like

Literally only DaFran before role queue as far as I know. Everyone else places Plat or Diamond.

1 Like

Guess all those top 500s are actually 2 ranks below

Fixed for you :slight_smile:

It really isn’t. Anyone that says that has never actually used both a controller and a kb/m on OW.

Why can’t more people accept this.

The world would be a better place.

The console IS 3 ranks lower than PC.

Sorry to deliver the cold hard truth to you but thats how it is.

Console players can barely look up high enough to even shoot a pharah out of the sky for crying out loud. I’ve seen it.

Shrugs if you say so.

To add to this for those unfamiliar with Joystick: he’s not just a transplant from console, he uses a control pad while playing on PC and maintains his Top 500 ranking. While he does play a lot of Rein, when he switches to a tank requiring more aim, his is more precise than probably anyone (definitely myself included) who’s posted in this thread.

4 Likes

I mean the PC player is gonna suck on console too, maybe not as bad but it’s a 2 way street :confused:

So you’re trying to tell me, who clearly has PC time on HITSCAN and a PS4 sidebar in my profile with a top 500 icon, that I’m lying?

1 Like